Sarah This Mama Life #20 Can’t be bother to teach my kids to read, more interested in checking Insta feed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What am I like guyz 🤭, I'm warming up pizzas and forgot I'm still wearing my coat! Let me just whip out my phone and film myself in my coat so you guyz can see!
bleeping idiot. NO ONE CARES YOU MUPPET.

Reactions: 15
Maybe if she wasn’t being a complete muppet whipping out her phone to story the utterly mundane moment, she wouldn’t have cremated the pizza. Honestly, how is she an adult?

What am I like guyz 🤭, I'm warming up pizzas and forgot I'm still wearing my coat! Let me just whip out my phone and film myself in my coat so you guyz can see!
bleeping idiot. NO ONE CARES YOU MUPPET.

Reactions: 6
God shoot me down now, but duck it…Sarah has put them online all their life.

Isla is not an attractive kid.

I constantly feel the poor girl is being pushed into this girly girl for Sarah’s Instagram.

Feel dreadful for commenting on a child’s looks but sick and tired of these influenzas constantly pushing their very average kids in our faces.

Reactions: 13
God shoot me down now, but duck it…Sarah has put them online all their life.

Isla is not an attractive kid.

I constantly feel the poor girl is being pushed into this girly girl for Sarah’s Instagram.

Feel dreadful for commenting on a child’s looks but sick and tired of these influenzas constantly pushing their very average kids in our faces.
I don’t think either child is particularly cute. Isla is her mothers daughter - she’s got Sarah’s massive chin and seems to have an overbite or something?
I agree - I think Sarah & Rob need to just allow Isla to be herself instead of trying to force her to be a “girly girl” - I wish they would take her to a proper hair dressers and get them to properly cut all that horrible straggly unkempt hair off - it’s horrible. She needs it cut off into a short layered bob, get rid of all the length and the weight out of it. Isla doesn’t suit her hair long at all but even if she did, she’s an energetic messy tomboy kid who seems to enjoy rough & tumble,playing football and all of that - her hair is always all over the place and she ends up looking feral - just cut the damn hair off and be done with it!!!!!

Reactions: 13
I started following mummy instragramers when my child was small. Having someone go through similar stages as your own baby/toddler was quite interesting at the time but past the age of three or four other people's children just aren't that interesting. I don't want to be hearing about their after school activities, watching them practice dance routines, hear about how they did at football or have them show how to make a paper aeroplane. Just as I am sure no one wants to hear about my own kids achievements, they are shared and celebrated between close friends and family, not a load of strangers on the Internet. At what age will Sarah stop trying to force her average children into the limelight? What must it do for their children's mental health when they want to show off a coat to their mother's followers? Or fight for their mother to film and share some other very ordinary kids thing they are doing? Is she going to carry on sharing them for the next few years? Will we have Isla's just got her first bra or started her period vlogs in the coming years? Will be have Lachlan got his first ASBO or started therapy for the childhood trauma caused by his mother slagging him off on public social media for not being the cute, insta baby she was hoping for.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I started following mummy instragramers when my child was small. Having someone go through similar stages as your own baby/toddler was quite interesting at the time but past the age of three or four other people's children just aren't that interesting. I don't want to be hearing about their after school activities, watching them practice dance routines, hear about how they did at football or have them show how to make a paper aeroplane. Just as I am sure no one wants to hear about my own kids achievements, they are shared and celebrated between close friends and family, not a load of strangers on the Internet. At what age will Sarah stop trying to force her average children into the limelight? What must it do for their children's mental health when they want to show off a coat to their mother's followers? Or fight for their mother to film and share some other very ordinary kids thing they are doing? Is she going to carry on sharing them for the next few years? Will we have Isla's just got her first bra or started her period vlogs in the coming years? Will be have Lachlan got his first ASBO or started therapy for the childhood trauma caused by his mother slagging him off on public social media for not being the cute, insta baby she was hoping for.
They will carry on with it for as long as it carries on bringing in an income and attention. In Sarah’s case, that’s more what this is all about. She craves the attention and the validation she gets by being online like this - and using her children and going under the guise of a “mummy vlogger” is an easy way to do it. Sarah uses the whole influencer nonsense as a way of hiding from all of her mental health issues. She won’t give it up easily. I can definitely see her trying to carry on for as long as she can, she doesn’t care how any of this has effected her children or her marriage or anything else, it doesn’t even occur to her that it’s inherently inappropriate and wrong to sell your children and your family online like she has.

Reactions: 14
I don’t think either child is particularly cute. Isla is her mothers daughter - she’s got Sarah’s massive chin and seems to have an overbite or something?
I agree - I think Sarah & Rob need to just allow Isla to be herself instead of trying to force her to be a “girly girl” - I wish they would take her to a proper hair dressers and get them to properly cut all that horrible straggly unkempt hair off - it’s horrible. She needs it cut off into a short layered bob, get rid of all the length and the weight out of it. Isla doesn’t suit her hair long at all but even if she did, she’s an energetic messy tomboy kid who seems to enjoy rough & tumble,playing football and all of that - her hair is always all over the place and she ends up looking feral - just cut the damn hair off and be done with it!!!!!
This. Isla won't thank her for any of this when shes a teenager/adult.

Reactions: 6
I actually laughed out loud at this photo. She really doesn’t know how to dress for her body shape at all! Although I’m not sure who this dress would flatter though?!?
304BF608-0AC8-49BC-8A20-C35CB6280630.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I actually laughed out loud at this photo. She really doesn’t know how to dress for her body shape at all! Although I’m not sure who this dress would flatter though?!? View attachment 994096
That is possibly one of the ugliest things I have ever seen. It’s awful. It looks too big for her. It’s completely shapeless. It’s disgusting!!!!

Reactions: 5
Thanks for saying this; this is something I think daily. Of course we all love our own kids but in no way do I think mine are interesting or special enough that I want to shove photos & videos of them in my friends faces, never mind strangers on the internet. I have a friend who thinks her child is a genius & miles ahead of her peers in every respect. To me, she is a great kid, but average at everything, like most kids.
Why Sarah thinks putting her kids on her public Instagram page every day of their lives is a good idea I will never understand. They both seem pretty bratty, are very average looking & if it were me I think alarm bells would now be ringing that they both seem to ask to be recorded, like it’s just an ordinary part of life.

Reactions: 7
That is possibly one of the ugliest things I have ever seen. It’s awful. It looks too big for her. It’s completely shapeless. It’s disgusting!!!!
I’m getting grandparents from Charlie and the chocolate factory vibes from this “dress”.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That dress is awful. It will go all saggy round the bum after sitting in it

I don’t know if I am just very unfashionable but is this normal to buy so many clothes and shoes?! I’ve never seen so much beige lounge wear and horrible boots being ordered by one person

Reactions: 14
Something has been bothering me since the weekend and I need to get it out, sorry!

If she wants to introduce her kids to Harry Potter maybe start with the books? They are after all books then films.
I has had trouble with literacy so why not spark her imagination and fun in reading by reading the books to her?
I just don’t know why she skipped straight to the films. Maybe it’s because I’m glad I lived in a time before the films when they were just books so got the pleasure of reading them and creating the world in my minds eye first.
(Also I don’t really like the films, Daniel Radcliffe does my head in 😳😩)
I didn’t read them to my older children, I let Stephen Fry do that 😂 on audible, but surely if your child is struggling and needing tutors etc then this would be a good/fun way to encourage them?

that feels better!

Reactions: 23
Something has been bothering me since the weekend and I need to get it out, sorry!

If she wants to introduce her kids to Harry Potter maybe start with the books? They are after all books then films.
I has had trouble with literacy so why not spark her imagination and fun in reading by reading the books to her?
I just don’t know why she skipped straight to the films. Maybe it’s because I’m glad I lived in a time before the films when they were just books so got the pleasure of reading them and creating the world in my minds eye first.
(Also I don’t really like the films, Daniel Radcliffe does my head in 😳😩)
I didn’t read them to my older children, I let Stephen Fry do that 😂 on audible, but surely if your child is struggling and needing tutors etc then this would be a good/fun way to encourage them?

that feels better!
Because that involves effort for Sarah

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.