Sarah This Mama Life #20 Can’t be bother to teach my kids to read, more interested in checking Insta feed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Too be fair to Sarah- I’ve just looked up direct flights from Southampton to Aberdeen and then trains and it does seem to take as long and would cost the ££££ hence them driving I guess. I’m at home isolating so way too much time on my hands 🤣

Still why not wait til half term?! Baffling
I’m not sure where you are looking?! Train from Fareham to Gatwick is less than £20 per person and takes 90minutes. Then flight from Gatwick to Aberdeen obviously varies but can be as little as £30 per person. Takes about 90mins from take off to landing. They could EASILY fly up to Aberdeen for less than £400 total. And in less than half the time door to door.

Reactions: 8
I’m not sure where you are looking?! Train from Fareham to Gatwick is less than £20 per person and takes 90minutes. Then flight from Gatwick to Aberdeen obviously varies but can be as little as £30 per person. Takes about 90mins from take off to landing. They could EASILY fly up to Aberdeen for less than £400 total. And in less than half the time door to door.
Or they could save themselves the hassle of flying and just choose to drive. Then they’d only have to cover costs of fuel and it gives them the freedom to do what they like 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m not Sarah’s biggest fan but I don’t think it’s fair to just expect her to fork out £££ for travel when she could do it for cheaper.

Reactions: 1

I just did a general search but stand corrected. Even more crazy then that she hasn’t taken a flight ✈ she’s crazy

Reactions: 4
Or they could save themselves the hassle of flying and just choose to drive. Then they’d only have to cover costs of fuel and it gives them the freedom to do what they like 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m not Sarah’s biggest fan but I don’t think it’s fair to just expect her to fork out £££ for travel when she could do it for cheaper.
If driving is cheaper, fair enough, but dragging those kids all that way, especially in the middle of the night is tit parenting!
Added to that, it's January, it's freezing. She stops off at services getting in and out of the car, letting cold air in when L is there in just PJs for her to get an overpriced crappy sandwich! Plus she has her pillow, home comforts etc. And the kids are expected to get a full night's sleep in a car seat?!?

Reactions: 14
But driving isn’t cheaper. Or easier. It’s 12 hours in a car. They could fly up and then hire a car. I do the journey myself and flying is far easier and cheaper.

Reactions: 9
Oh no 😔. This may sound extreme but I’m really going to struggle to even read these threads if she’s pregnant again. I feel quite strongly about the fact she’s neglecting the two kids she has.

I used to think to “neglect” a child it had to be as bad as leaving them on their own or exposing them to addiction or not feeding them at all but since coming here, I’ve realised an alarming amount of people operate in damaging ways in plain sight. Yes her kids’ clothes are always too small and I don’t think she feeds them enough at mealtimes but it’s the emotional side too. That little boy will be in no doubt his sister is the favourite and may even know “he” ruined his mother’s life just by being born with a medical condition.

And while I’m at it, who walks into a service station after midnight, films it openly and then leaves because they don’t have a sandwich she wants, criticising how it looks on the way. That is woeful content, she literally can’t operate without that phone in her hand.

Sorry for ranting so early, Meldrum told me to get up 10 minutes early to have some me time.
I work in an area where we deal with child neglect and it’s divided into the kind you mention and then emotional neglect and poor parenting. Sarah would fit into that. The school will have worked out some stuff already. You’ll probably find she’s invited to lots of stuff they put on to give parents extra support they might need but pretends she doesn’t need it and ignores the invitations. There may also be stuff happening we don’t know about aka input for the kids that she isn’t sharing because then she’d have to admit she isn’t parenting them and the school has stepped in.
The kids are fed, clothed, she’s not got substance abuse issues or mental health issues that make her unsafe to be around the kids, there isn’t any domestic violence or addiction going on, the kids have two “on the surface” normal parents so in the grand scheme of things they’d be well down a list of social services or any kind of intervention input but if one of the kids starts to show real issues or behaviour problems the school may start pushing harder. If she has another baby and it’s blatant she isn’t coping when R is away then it’ll be interesting to see what happens. I’m convinced the kids will be basically left to get on with it if she has another baby. She’ll do all the insta mum stuff but they’ll be shoved into after school and pre school care or shipped off to Scotland for most of the school holidays so she can focus on the baby and her own needs.
Sad really.

I think she's pregnant, she's been dropping hints.

Why does she insist on dragging her kids on long road trips in the middle of the night every few weeks? Why do her parents never come down to her? Either move back up North or accept you can't pop home every other week. It's not faur to be dragging them around all the time. They look constantly exhausted.

Reactions: 12
If she is pregnant and doing a 12 week reveal, she has been drinking alcohol regularly whilst knowing she’s pregnant….real classy.

Reactions: 3
I think she is pregnant too and I feel so sad for all of them, even Sarah because a new baby is the very last thing this family needs.

She has never dealt with her mental health issues since Lachlan. She is not in the right head space to deal with pregnancy, then a newborn with two already lively children both screaming out for attention. How can total strangers see this is such a bad decision but they can't.

A new baby is such a blessing. Even people I don't particularly like I would be happy for them but she will not be able to cope. Isla and Lachlan don't need a new sibling, they need parents who are emotionally present for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
If she’s pregnant does anyone else think it’s overkill to be travelling up to Aberdeen for a weekend to tell her family? It’s not her first pregnancy, I don’t understand why there would be the need to go to tell them in person when it’s such a trek to get there? (I mean I know it’s clearly Instagram content)

If she’s pregnant does anyone else think it’s overkill to be travelling up to Aberdeen for a weekend to tell her family? It’s not her first pregnancy, I don’t understand why there would be the need to go to tell them in person when it’s such a trek to get there? (I mean I know it’s clearly Instagram content)
I just hope that Robs family get more than a phonecall and a pee break on the way back to let them know too!

Reactions: 7
If she is pregnant and doing a 12 week reveal, she has been drinking alcohol regularly whilst knowing she’s pregnant….real classy.
Probably not doing the reveal publicly but telling her family (and obviously filming the reactions for the big youtube/Instagram reveal) in a few months time. It will be all the clichés, Isla and Lachlan in big sister and big brother t-shirts, kissing the bump....then weekly updates on how she is getting on.

Absolute overkill but this is Sarah. Got to get the news out for all the brand deals pregnancy and a new baby will bring in. That is probably why she is trying to get some vlogs on youtube again after letting the channel die for months.

She is completely neurotic. And Rob is utterly spineless. Those poor kids.

Bloody genius to bring another child into that household, if indeed she is pregnant.

Reactions: 10
I hope she’s not pregnant. It would be the worst thing to happen for Isla & Lachlan and actually for Sarah - she’s a mess as it is, imagine if she has another baby and its born with loads of health issues the same or worse than Lachlan? She wouldn’t cope. The aftermath of having Lachlan should have been enough to signal to her & Rob that they were done having kids. If she’s pregnant then it’s the most selfish irresponsible decision they have ever made.

If she is pregnant would also explain why she’s so eager to get back onto YouTube. She’s gunna have more time on her hands (or so she thinks) and would want the attention from the announcement 📣 also my heart absolutely broke when I saw how late it was and them poor kids are being dragged all that way. What a horrible person to do that too your kids when they have already had a busy week.

• Sad
If she is pregnant, I wonder what will become of her when she realises that her third child inevitably isn't this perfect fantasy child that she's dreamed up.

Reactions: 7
I imagine if she is pregnant it will have been rigorously planned to make sure that she can rush up to her parents to stay during the deployment and may leave, if the kids aren’t on holidays then I wonder if she will put them into school? Possibly then staying “home” forever?

Reactions: 6
When you think back, it's insane that she moved up to Scotland and put Isla in a new nursery full time just so she could be supported with a new baby.. I mean, wtf??? Surely her mum could've gone and stayed with her for 3 or 4 weeks whilst she got settled rather than uprooting Isla when a new sibling is such a big change anyway.

I don't understand how Sarah manages to have her WHOLE FAMILY revolve everything around her.

Reactions: 16
I don’t watch her much so think I must be missing the mental health red flags. Can someone summarise please?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.