Sarah This Mama Life #17 Dumped at nursery day and night, free Lachlan the poor wee mite!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isla wearing that ill fitting dress that cuts into her armpits again. If she saw it didn't fit on the boat why would you repack it for the trip to see family.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Why cant they leave at a reasonable time?
Because then the children would be awake and Sarah might actually have to parent.

So four hour journey for L - home at midnight, no dinner or bath and is he still going to nursery right up until school..?

Reactions: 10
Because then the children would be awake and Sarah might actually have to parent.

So four hour journey for L - home at midnight, no dinner or bath and is he still going to nursery right up until school..?
It’ll be interesting to see where he goes tomorrow.

Reactions: 5

He had his last day of nursery before they went so Ive no idea what she has planned for him.

Reactions: 6
Why is she complaining about the 4 hour journey when she does double that to see her family voluntarily??? If she flew anytime she went there she could fit in more time with Robs family!

We’re baaaaack!
See how she doesn’t say back home?
Silly me, home is Bonnie Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Reactions: 7
Haha she has the kids at home! Would’ve been a good day to use some annual leave, eh Sarah?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
How many people are working at home right now with children at home, I've managed it throughout the summer, taking off the odd day but on the whole I need to work as leave doesn't cover the holidays. Most just do it, why does she make a deal of it and post help? Just parent your bleeping kids Sarah!

At least she can WFH, some don't even have that luxury, this year has been so helpful for me and many others, I'm grateful for the option not complaining about it!!

Reactions: 16
And the 100 things on her to do list will be online shopping for pointless tat to fill the shelves on the fake chimney and researching moth resistant carpets.

She has had this summer easy, have offloaded the children on her parents, nursery and holiday clubs. The vast majority of us working parents have had to balance childcare and work for the last 6 weeks but then the majority of us don't use our annual leave for spa days and brunches. She is completely hopeless.

Reactions: 15
I’m sorry, I don’t think people should be working from home with their kids there (and nobody else to help) anymore. That was ok during the covid lockdowns when schools and nurseries were shut and you had no other option- however people are just taking the p*ss now. I would not be happy if I was an employer and my employees were looking after their kids when they’re meant to be working just because they don’t want to use their annual leave or shell out money for holiday clubs. You coped before the pandemic, you can cope now. Especially if there are 2 parents- you BOTH Take annual leave to cover the school holidays or you cough up the money for holiday clubs. Don’t use covid as an excuse.

Reactions: 9
I’m sorry, I don’t think people should be working from home with their kids there (and nobody else to help) anymore. That was ok during the covid lockdowns when schools and nurseries were shut and you had no other option- however people are just taking the p*ss now. I would not be happy if I was an employer and my employees were looking after their kids when they’re meant to be working just because they don’t want to use their annual leave or shell out money for holiday clubs. You coped before the pandemic, you can cope now. Especially if there are 2 parents- you BOTH Take annual leave to cover the school holidays or you cough up the money for holiday clubs. Don’t use covid as an excuse.
Completely depends on the situation. I have 2 children, one goes into nursery when my mum/dad can't help or my partner is at work. Or I use leave. When he's at nursery, I have my eldest with me. He's of an age to not need me every 5 minutes. But that he needs me around to keep him safe because he can't be alone. When I'm needed at the office I find care for him too. My employer is aware and understands that it's a perk to WFH. If her employers are OK with it too, why not do it? It's saves a lot of stress and handle of finding childcare!

And if families don’t have the money for holiday clubs? Or don’t want to use their annual leave all over the summer holidays? I work from home, my kids are at home. As long as the work gets done my boss doesn’t care and let’s me get on with it. Not everyone can afford childcare or to take their leave during the summer break. Also Covid has shown that work life balance for a lot of people is pretty shite and that women still bear the brunt of childcare responsibility. If you are a single parent with no family support or have a partner who can’t take leave easily it’s not that simple. My husband gets 22 days leave and I get 21. Our school holiday is 7 weeks. We don’t want to use all our leave for childcare over the summer holidays. I’m glad I don’t work for you…
Now, back to hating Sarah’s life choices, I’m fairly sure she can afford childcare…

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m sorry, I don’t think people should be working from home with their kids there (and nobody else to help) anymore. That was ok during the covid lockdowns when schools and nurseries were shut and you had no other option- however people are just taking the p*ss now. I would not be happy if I was an employer and my employees were looking after their kids when they’re meant to be working just because they don’t want to use their annual leave or shell out money for holiday clubs. You coped before the pandemic, you can cope now. Especially if there are 2 parents- you BOTH Take annual leave to cover the school holidays or you cough up the money for holiday clubs. Don’t use covid as an excused.
Or you could trust your staff to focus on outputs instead of being stuck to a desk 9-5 when there are 100
More creative ways to get a job done which make parenting and working possible and indeed easier 🤦🏼‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
And if families don’t have the money for holiday clubs? Or don’t want to use their annual leave all over the summer holidays? I work from home, my kids are at home. As long as the work gets done my boss doesn’t care and let’s me get on with it. Not everyone can afford childcare or to take their leave during the summer break. Also Covid has shown that work life balance for a lot of people is pretty shite and that women still bear the brunt of childcare responsibility. If you are a single parent with no family support or have a partner who can’t take leave easily it’s not that simple. My husband gets 22 days leave and I get 21. Our school holiday is 7 weeks. We don’t want to use all our leave for childcare over the summer holidays. I’m glad I don’t work for you…
Now, back to hating Sarah’s life choices, I’m fairly sure she can afford childcare…
She can clearly afford childcare, to a fault lets be honest as she's all too willing to put them in childcare to avoid them being with her!

I'm more annoyed with her that the one and only day this holidays she's had them alone (which just so happens to be a day where she's working) she immediately complains and cries help. Instead of being grateful she can do it

She takes the piss with wfh with the amount of stuff she apparently does in her lunchbreak... Nails, hair extensions, rushing round the shops on the hunt for shoes for anniversary dinners. I have more of a problem with that than parents having children at home if it doesn't interfere with them doing their job.

Reactions: 13
I was disgusted by the poop picture and then I saw her dinner and decided the tit on her shoe was definitely better.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Back on to body coach meals because Sarah needs to feel in control/routine etc. Someone close to her please get this lassie some help!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.