Sarah & Josh (POG family)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is odd. My SIL died recently. Suddenly, very young. It took us 3 days to be able to leave the house...and that was to walk the dog along the cliff top to get some fresh air. We spent the whole time talking about her. There is nothing that could have made me pull a camera out or start treating it as a day out. The kids are following his lead.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
This is odd. My SIL died recently. Suddenly, very young. It took us 3 days to be able to leave the house...and that was to walk the dog along the cliff top to get some fresh air. We spent the whole time talking about her. There is nothing that could have made me pull a camera out or start treating it as a day out. The kids are following his lead.
I would be the same as you, so his behavior is very unusual and foreign to me. That said, I do know everyone grieves differently so who knows really. Maybe it hasn't really hit them all yet? The kids definitely don't realize the impact and finality of it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I mean, I understand that Josh is spending time in nature as a way to heal himself after being the primary caregiver for Sarah for so long. However, I worry that this approach may teach the kids to repress their emotions and ignore the pain and sadness that comes with losing a loved one. I hope the children are seeing a therapist to help them process their grief in a healthy and productive way, otherwise they may harbor feelings of guilt and regret for acting like everything is normal in the wake of their mother's passing. This would be a tremendous failing on Josh's part.

Reactions: 6
I would be the same as you, so his behavior is very unusual and foreign to me. That said, I do know everyone grieves differently so who knows really. Maybe it hasn't really hit them all yet? The kids definitely don't realize the impact and finality of it all.
Agree with you, everyone grieves differently there is no right or wrong, keeping the kids busy with lots of activities might be the best thing for Josh and his children.

Reactions: 4
I mean, I understand that Josh is spending time in nature as a way to heal himself after being the primary caregiver for Sarah for so long. However, I worry that this approach may teach the kids to repress their emotions and ignore the pain and sadness that comes with losing a loved one. I hope the children are seeing a therapist to help them process their grief in a healthy and productive way, otherwise they may harbor feelings of guilt and regret for acting like everything is normal in the wake of their mother's passing. This would be a tremendous failing on Josh's part.
I do believe Josh mentioned therapy for the children in one of his past videos.

In the latest video he explained that it's possible to be 100% happy and heartbroken at the same time, and when he's happy playing with the kids at the beach doesn't mean he isn't grieving.
Now that Sarah is dead they're going go camping, snowboarding, backpacking, go to Disneyland and everywhere, because they couldn't do it for a few years.

I don't know why I dislike Sarahs sister so much, but I really do. It's almost like she thinks its her channel now? "What do I want to say?" "Oh its hot today, therefore I am drinking a cool drink instead of my usual coffee".
Doesn't she feel a bit weird doing what she is doing?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I don't know why I dislike Sarahs sister so much, but I really do. It's almost like she thinks its her channel now? "What do I want to say?" "Oh its hot today, therefore I am drinking a cool drink instead of my usual coffee".
Doesn't she feel a bit weird doing what she is doing?
It's a family trait... the asshat gene.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It's a family trait... the asshat gene.
Well no, Sarah was an angel. Selfless, honest, and humble. The sister though, I'm never gonna watch her videos ever again, the first one was enough, she's repulsive and narcissistic.

Reactions: 5
Well no, Sarah was an angel. Selfless, honest, and humble. The sister though, I'm never gonna watch her videos ever again, the first one was enough, she's repulsive and narcissistic.
You are correct. For some reason my old brain decided she was Josh's sister. It's only sister and husband. I loved Sarah. Amazing how different sister is from Sarah.

Reactions: 7
You are correct. For some reason my old brain decided she was Josh's sister. It's only sister and husband. I loved Sarah. Amazing how different sister is from Sarah.
That's because she has so many of Josh's mannerisms, she obviously thinks he's great 🤢

Never gonna watch. She won't get my view 🤢
Oh FFS just piss off. Isn't it interesting that when someone dies they are so fondly remembered as angels, wonderful, humble, loyal, amazing, selfless, smile light up a room, never had a bad word to say, god's gift to the world.......... even those that have done despicable things in their lives get the same accolades, in death you become perfect 🤔

Yeah, I don't know why I find the sister so off-putting either. I'm trying to not be too harsh, but I just can't imagine myself filming the moments they share unless I was seeking attention.

Like I can't imagine why someone who's just had a breakdown and is still crying would decide to pick up a camera and record themselves as they cry some more. But then again, Sarah also did the same thing at least once. I don't know, sometimes I wonder if I just haven't "gotten with the times" and accepted social media as the thing people use the most to communicate and express themselves. Or am I just "old fashioned" when it comes to what I think is normal and appropriate to be shared with an audience? I'm only in my early thirties and grew up with the internet, but I've never gotten into social media.

• Heart
Sarah was documenting her cancer journey, it made sense that she'd cry sometimes. Watching her tear up in videos as she announced bad scan results or other bad news was understandable. Her sister though, what's the point, she suddenly appeared in the videos out of nowhere, no one wants to see her ugly crying face. What's more, Sarah's sister had never even appeared in her videos before. The narcissistic b**** is hoping she can grow her own fanbase using Sarah's death. 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 9