Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AhoraM

💔 I'm so sorry... and relieved for her at the same time, her transition was excruciating, glad her pain is over. Poor Sarah, such a gentle soul... she was much more than what Josh has reduced her to, a motto written on the merch. I've been rewatching her vlogs lately, especially the "this sucks" ones, she was truly adorable, and so brave. Fuck cancer for torturing and taking people like Sarah and Amanda, while so many psychopathic assholes out there get to live long healthy lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

TryingMyBest

Chatty Member
It's been a very sad last couple of days.
---
I'm on my way to take my husband for a cardiac catheterization and stent and God knows what else. We both should be so thankful we have lived long enough for our bodies to wear out naturally. Losing these young people really puts it in perspective.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

Tommyb

Chatty Member
They clearly know everyone will watch whatever they put out just incase they mention Sarah. .the sister rambling were pointless. Chatting rubbish about coffee. All anyone wants is an update on how Sarah's doing really.

Saydee

VIP Member
The double immunotherapy is actually the immunotherapy that hospitalized my husband after just 2 doses. It causes pneumonitis (severe lung inflammation) which landed him in HDU, and then it attacked his colon and left him with colitis :( He required high-dose steroids for 12 months following his hospital stay.
The dual immunotherapy is called ipilimumab and nivolumab. Although melanoma and kidney cancer are complete different cancers, they are treated with the same treatments. Sarah has had solo nivolumab but ipilimumab will be new to Sarah.
These 2 treatments are known as Opdivo & Yervoy in the USA.
Steroids are nick named "the devils smarties" for a reason. They mask nasty symptoms and are extremely difficult to taper off. I hope Sarah manages but I think she is going to fall very unwell when she tries. :(

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

mcl92

Thats the thing that bothers me. "Maybe she knew they would start resenting seeing her slowly die.", and how long has it been? 4 weeks? Hardly a long period of time. I would totally understand if it had been months on end, but 4 weeks? :O
How many times has Josh said he is comfortable and discussed moving forward with life? His thoughts are on the future, not the here and now, when Sarah needs them the most. When she's at her most vulnerable.
I am angry and saddened by all the noise by Josh et al as Sarah is passing. Propping Sarah up for photos, moving her around like a doll to dance, selfishly telling us that he is tired, compromising her dignity……. This time for Sarah should have been beautiful and peaceful and what she wanted. I am so disturbed Sarah is in pain and her end of life journey is a debacle. 🥲❤

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

Saydee

VIP Member
Sarah said she didn't want to die at home. She said she wanted it to be a happy place. Maybe she knew they would start resenting seeing her slowly die.

She lives in Oregon and they allow euthanasia. Maybe she should have set that up when she knew she was dying soon. Then she could have passed on her own terms.
Thats the thing that bothers me. "Maybe she knew they would start resenting seeing her slowly die.", and how long has it been? 4 weeks? Hardly a long period of time. I would totally understand if it had been months on end, but 4 weeks? :O
How many times has Josh said he is comfortable and discussed moving forward with life? His thoughts are on the future, not the here and now, when Sarah needs them the most. When she's at her most vulnerable.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16

suzeq

Chatty Member
You know, if it were me, I'd rather they not continue a bedside vigil for me if they felt they'd rather be doing something else and living their lives. In fact, I would definitely not want them around with that mindset. I'd prefer they were out living their lives too.

I thought they had a group of friends and family surrounding them, I see no reason for them to want this to be over with already. Perhaps Sarah should have been in hospice then. I would not want to be surrounded by people who wanted me dead sooner rather than later; not for my sake, but for theirs. The kids should not feel this as a burden. I don't think the best mood or atmosphere has been set. And I don't think Josh should have aired Braeden's sentiment either.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Bassethoundmama

Latest POG Family vid showed up in my feed. Haven't watched it but it says Sarah has one week.
I watched it. I don't dislike Josh, but I don't agree with his choices as of late. Speaking of Sarah's need for depends etc - nobody wants that disclosed. No one. It's a dignity issue or in my opinion is. I'm sorry if I'm being petty it just bothered me he spoke about it. He did mention Sarah is no longer eating or drinking now and the nurses best guess is a week or so. I have watched the channel because I liked Sarah's attitude. Her approach to her cancer and her personality my heart aches for her. She deserves better than how she's being shown as of late in my opinion.

• Sad
  • Heart

girlwhowrites

Wow....something about this is beyond weird. Lots of emotions going on watching this train wreck. They've posted 28 videos in the last 2 weeks! I was never a big Pog follower but found Sarah sweet and sincere and checked in on her often to see how she was faring. Why do I feel so angry at this barrage of personal and intrusive videos. Why do I almost sense a feeling if excitement from this family. I feel 2 main things at the moment. Anger and nausea. Am I misinterpreting something? Will I regret this post? Granted, I am a very private person, so a part of me has never understood you
tubers. I don't think I could ever be one myself, but do appreciate and take full advanrage of the sharing of knowledge it provides.

I know its about the money, and for all we know, Sarah may have expressed full agreement with the direction this had taken beforehand. I felt so sorry for Josh when he posted the "hospice" video. Something seems to have changed. I don't know. Maybe its just his way of coping.....😒
Sarah felt guilty every time she had to share bad news with her viewers and always apologized for it because she didn’t want to make people sad. If just sharing bad news made her feel guilty, I can’t imagine her agreeing to being shown in this state.

• Heart

BCrowl

Chatty Member
Oh my!!! This is so sad. I just couldn’t post a public picture of my love on social media. This in my opinion is wrong on so many levels. It’s the saddest picture I’ve ever seen. Shame on Josh. I don’t know what he’s accomplishing with this? Views ? Sorry I’m beyond shocked.
Yes, I agree. Such a sad picture! I lost my beloved Dad to brain cancer (glioblastoma) in 2019. He was so full of life and always liked to look nice. His illness and death were heartbreaking. He had told me before he got sick, that he went to a viewing for someone, and the family included pictures of him towards the end of his life. My Dad said he felt that was wrong. I told him the family probably wanted to share all aspects of their loved one’s life. My Dad said that was just wrong. When he passed I didn’t put any pictures of him from when he was ill. I knew he wouldn’t have wanted that. ❤

• Heart

Saydee

VIP Member
Sarah's sister just posted a pointless video in which she talks about coffee almost the entire time. Towards the end, she starts getting teary thinking about Sarah. She also says "um" approximately 500 times -- this seems to be something she always does, because I almost couldn't finish her last video from the constant "um" every five seconds.

At this point, they're talking just to talk. Writing their thoughts down in a diary or talking to each other isn't satisfying enough anymore. They love all the comments too much.
Sarah’s sister is Sarah’s replacement now. How many videos per day are they churning out? Josh says he isn’t spending all his time with Sarah because that would be forced. Yeah cos they have all the time in the world left, right? I’m very shocked at his behaviour and attitude.

• Heart

riley123

It's the usual video where he discusses what is going on with HIM first and then mentions Sarah. From this video we learn that she is no longer able to communicate although she appears to be moving her lips. To me that is more important and should have been mentioned before letting us know that we can be relieved because he was able to get in a short nap today after being up at night tending to her meds.

• Angry
  • Sad

suzeq

Chatty Member
I am so confused.

1. If you wanted to lessen a pain med, wouldn't you reduce a dosage level but keep the same schedule in order to maintain a consistent level of pain meds in her system? What is this about extending the time between doses in order to allow her more awake and cognisant periods? I thought pain needs to be proactively addressed BEFORE pain to work most effectively? Wouldn't one lower the amount on the same consistent schedule rather than add more spacing between doses? It's not like anyone is worrying about long term effects at this point; the primary focus is quality of life whilst providing optimal pain management. Why would you want periods of potential withdrawal effects when the meds are wearing off?

2. If Sarah was more lucid on Saturday, the SAME DAY he spoke to the funeral home, why didn't he ASK SARAH what her wishes were regarding a viewing? Come on, rather than acting like she's already deceased and taking glee in the memorial preparations, why not just ask HER what her last wishes are, if she's cognisant, as he said? It is best to have her input. It may be a final goodbye for many of those attending, but if Sarah wishes a viewing, those who don't wish to attend, needn't. It's not like polls are taken during funeral preparations in order to satisy the majority of attendees. It's typically the wishes and desires of the decedent that are put in play.

IMO, this entire video, his entire approach, it is macabre. It makes me very sad for Sarah, the spectacle this has become.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

suzeq

Chatty Member
I think he actually giggled once or twice?
I cringed when I heard him snort, too. It just seemed so incompatible with the solemnity and sacredness of the circumstance.

And I also cringe now and quickly turn off at the very end whenever he goes into his spiel: "have a wonderful day, morning, night, wherever you are, and as Sarah would say, be kind and make good choices".

Unfortunately for me, he has completely corrupted Sarah's pure intention with that phrase now. :(

• Heart
  • Sad

riley123

Discord from Josh today: “Sarah in her normal stubborn fashion decided she wanted to eat this morning. LOL 4 bites of homemade enchiladas.”
Stubborn fashion: why say that?
Also I notice that he usually starts the videos about how HE is doing. I don’t care if you are sleeping or eating. I think people are watching to see how Sarah is. Start with Sarah and then say how you are doing.

• Angry
  • Sick

Puffy Pox

I'm very sorry for Sarah. She got dealt an extremely unfair hand. However, I find this family creepy & bizarre. I wanted to give Josh the benefit of the doubt but after the past few days I cannot. And the sister whispering half asleep in the middle of the night about coffee? Who thought this was a good idea to post this? It's all so bizarre.

• Heart

oldandgrey

I think Josh absolutely adores Sarah. He’s been heartbroken, unable to control his emotions at times. I think they come across as very genuine people. He appears to be a mature man who puts Sarah and his children first. The children are rarely seen, they’re certainly not used for content.

I mentioned earlier that I was disappointed that they had gone down the merchandise route, and I’m having second thoughts about that. Sarah has worked through her illness until the last few weeks. She worked hybrid - office and home - and latterly (in the last few weeks) worked from home, having to rest when necessary. This is a woman trying her best in horrific circumstances. They’ve not relied on YouTube income, they don’t appear extravagant in their spending.

If a little income from merchandise helps them for Sarah’s remaining time with her family I say good luck to them.

TryingMyBest

Chatty Member
She has only truly been out of it for less than 3 weeks. I fu$king despise that entire family. Sarah seems like a kind, loving woman. She deserves better.

• Sad
  • Heart

AhoraM

This video is the confirmation that what I said in one of my past comments was true, that he wants her gone already so he can move on. Pathetic how someone can have run out of patience like that after just a few days, when there are people out there caring for severely disabled family members or spouses for years!