Sarah Everard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going by this it looks like the head injury was self inflicted
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
Surely this is extreme
It’s definitely a way to get people talking!

The police told women to stay indoors at night a few days ago, can you imagine the uproar if they had asked men to?

There’d be riots! But poor vulnerable women need protecting 🙄
 
  • Like
Reactions: 17
It has good intent but I don’t think it would be effective. Women get stalked, assaulted and grape still at 9am, 11am and 2pm etc
I don’t think she’s serious, it’s more about the double standard that women are told how they should behave to avoid danger while men are never challenged.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 33
I’m not sure tbh. We now know that he’s exposed himself prior to Sarah. That probably wasn’t his first offence either. Part of me thinks there’s no way he might of kidnapped and murdered before and got away with it, but it’s possible now knowing he’s clearly a disturbed sex offender, so I feel like he’s either done something similar before. Someone also reported there’s rumours on social media of more private ambulances, diving squads at areas around Kent, searching even though it appears Sarah’s remains have been found.
I really hope theres a simpilar reason for the social media rumours, im struggling enough to comprehend all this without there being more involved. Deffo agree its likely he's gotten away with other sexual offences tho its sadly how a lot of this starts
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
It’s definitely a way to get people talking!

The police told women to stay indoors at night a few days ago, can you imagine the uproar if they had asked men to?

There’d be riots! But poor vulnerable women need protecting 🙄
But on the flip not all men are dangerous that would be a poor opinion to hold.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Yes, I was thinking about this. I am almost 30 and my mums till panics if I don't reply to a message for hours. And when I was at uni she always wanted to know I was safe.
Same with my own mother and father. Whenever I go to my dads house he keeps making sure my car doors are locked when I get in incase I stop anywhere. My mother doesn’t like me getting too drunk because she’s afraid someone will take advantage of me
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
My daughter turns 2 in the summer and I’m already fretting about her going to school, becoming a teenager, perhaps moving away for uni, just being away from me. Me and my husband were recently joking that when she goes clubbing we’ll sit in the car park waiting for her to take her home so we know she’s safe. But I know realistically we can’t be there all the time ☹ Due to Covid I’m a stay at home mum and I’m panicking about us going out into the real world, how she’ll manage being around other children, playing on a playground, going to a birthday party and days out etc. All these things we haven’t done but thought would just be part of her childhood. Mothers instinct is so strong and with the pandemic it’s all been about keeping her and our family safe from the virus let alone anything outside of this and I’m scared of us leaving the safety of our home to experience normal everyday things.
im 32 and have had so many things happen to me such as being followed, men coming too close to me in a shop/on the pavement/in a club/on the tube, I’ve had men make inappropriate comments to me at work both in retail and in an office environment, I’ve been followed by a gang of boys in a car when I was like 13, been catcalled, had inappropriate comments shouted after me in the street. My heart breaks for every girl and woman who has endured the same and far worse.
Dont ever think your overprotected. My parents were in a good sense. My mum when she was younger had a friend who was rapped on the way home from school. It shook her up that she refused to let me walk on my own. I used to walk home from school with a mate who lived 3 streets away but i had to call her or my dad to come and pick me up. People in school laughed at me for being lazy or a spoilt cat but when i explained they kinda saw sense but kids are bratty.

When i turned 18 she would tell me to call the house phone when i needed to be picked up from clubbing or the pub and my poor dad at 2/3am would drive into town to get me. He always said the anger of being woken up and driving at that time vanishes as soon as he sees me walk into the house safely even when this lasted right upto when i was 25. He said he would do that anyday of the week as he would never be able to live with himself if the one day he refused and i was attacked in a cab
I always had to text to say i arrived anywhere safely or if im on my way home that im leaving so they knew if it was over a certain time frame something was wrong
Im now 30 and me and my husband do this, we text each other to say “at work” or “leaving work now” and agree to drive and pick each other up when out at night
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I can't get on board with curfews for men. For duck sake. This is going to cause absolute hate pain and damage. Its ridiculous.
What I will say is I watched sky news at 9pm, a reporter was outside Scotland yard, 2 or 3 youths or young men were acting terribly cycling in circles around the reporter and shouting. This behaviour needs to stop. Behaviour like many have reported here on this thread needs to stop and the grape and murder of women needs to stop.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 17
I really hope theres a simpilar reason for the social media rumours, im struggling enough to comprehend all this without there being more involved. Deffo agree its likely he's gotten away with other sexual offences tho its sadly how a lot of this starts
I think it’s the brazeness of it. A relatively busy city street at. 9.30 and managing to get a physically fit women in your car and abduct her within seconds without causing any attention. With the Libby Squire case there seemed to be a gradual escalation from the killers perverted behaviour to her grape and killing, and it seems that the killer here was escalating from exposing himself but it’s a big leap from that to this unless he’s killed or attacked before.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9
My mother doesn’t like me getting too drunk because she’s afraid someone will take advantage of me
I avoid drinking too much at uni because I don't trust a few of the guys in my household. The girls have also always had discussions on how they have stopped x or y being with a guy because they looked too drunk and the guy couldn't be trusted to stay responsible.
It's honestly very odd how normalised it all is, of course it's nice to know that we all look out for each other but we also really shouldn't have to
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I don’t want a curfew for men I would just like it if men stopped raping and murdering women 👍🏻 Is that too much too ask for?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 57
I live in an area I would say is very safe, quite countryside and a lot of elderly people. At the end of my road is a stunning woods where I daily walk my dog or go for a run but I will not wear earphones and any sole male that I see I get anxious and prepare for defence just in case, I wouldn’t dream of going there at past 4pm. My hubby often walks the dog there at nightand I say to him are you not scared, and he’s like what of? So I’m like murderers! Crazy how the thought doesn’t even enter his head yet every time I go I’m ready for an attack!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 24
Surely this is extreme
i think this was said more as a statement than actually being serious. I’ve seen a lot of discussion about it on Twitter though! Mainly by men saying it’s sexist and how it’s not fair. I completely agree it wouldn’t be fair but more often than not women are given advice not to be out when it’s dark, to not walk alone etc so in a way, women have to live their lives to a curfew. The advice to women during the 70s when theYorkshire ripper was about was literally to be home by I think 9pm? Which is where the ‘Reclaim the night’ movement started
 
  • Like
Reactions: 23
I can't get on board with curfews for men. For duck sake. This is going to cause absolute hate pain and damage. Its ridiculous.
What I will say is I watched sky news at 9pm, a reporter was outside Scotland yard, 2 or 3 youths or young men were acting terribly cycling in circles around the reporter and shouting. This behaviour needs to stop. Behaviour like many have reported here on this thread needs to stop and the grape and murder of women needs to stop.
Male violence is a pandemic that has been constant for thousands of years and women are still made to accommodate men and to try and empathise with them even though they keep doing this to us and when we try to get them to empathise with us they pull out the victim card by throwing “IT HAPPENS TO MEN TOO” and then maybe a little victim blaming here and there.

A few days ago a 16 year old girl named Wenjing Lin in South Wales was murdered by a man whilst she was working in her families takeaway.

It’s a problem that people are ignoring and until people finally start standing up against these men it’s never gonna stop.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 21
Websleuths are mostly talking about the indecent exposure charge and the wife’s involvement. The main theory which sounds very plausible to me, is that he might’ve just said something to his wife like “can you say I was home at X time on Y date, it will save my job” and she went along with it, not realising it was something so huge. Once she realised she might’ve cooperated with the police and hence was released on bail. Of course there’s the possibility of abuse too.
In terms of the indecent exposure, I find things like that slip under the radar all the time in London. A lot of people are minding their own business, heads down, earphones in, don’t even notice anything happened. This time last year, just before the pandemic hit I was heading to stansted early in the morning. I took a bus from the city centre to Tottenham Hale station, a man sat down in a seat facing the opposite direction to me and began to stare at me the entire journey. When I got to the station he followed me in, all the way to the platform. I went into a seated area thinking it would be safer because there were 10-15 people inside but he followed me in, shouted very graphic abusive/sexual things at me, and eventually spat at me two or three times. And it went on until he eventually left of his own accord after maybe about 15 minutes of that, though it felt like an eternity, and I was terrified as to how far he would follow me. No one asked if I was okay or checked on me, or said anything to him. Lots of people just don’t want to get involved.
 
  • Like
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
I don’t think she’s serious, it’s more about the double standard that women are told how they should behave to avoid danger while men are never challenged.
Yes. Men kill women, so men should stay inside. It's protection for women, to allow them to live a normal life free from restrictions, which are a consequence of male behaviour.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
But on the flip not all men are dangerous that would be a poor opinion to hold.
But not all women need to be told to stay at home- but they were. Many women are physically strong etc etc

I’m obviously not saying this should be enforced but it’s somehow ok to say that ALL women are at risk and yet not all men bla bla.. just annoying, I guess.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.