Sarah Everard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Colleagues dishing out a bit of justice. That was my first thought when I heard about his injuries.
Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up on the 'wrong' wing when he was meant to be in protection and ends up getting a battering. Happens a lot with the high profile cases. I don't think anyone would lose any sleep over it happening.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
Ambulance could have been for another incident of self harm. Arrested Tuesday?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
If it wasn’t a battering and he did inflict the injuries on himself I reckon it’s an ‘insanity’ ‘mental health’ claim. He will claim that he was gradually losing the plot and it started with the indecent exposure a few days before and ended with this situation now.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
If it wasn’t a battering and he did inflict the injuries on himself I reckon it’s an ‘insanity’ ‘mental health’ claim. He will claim that he was gradually losing the plot and it started with the indecent exposure a few days before and ended with this situation now.
Yes, I thought that too. But he would have been assessed physically by a doctor today and I assume if they thought it was self harm, assessed by mental health teams too. If he were deemed unfit by either, I'm not sure whether he could be interviewed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
My heart goes out to Sarah’s family and friends but I can’t stop thinking about his poor children. Their lives will have changed forever. The chances are they’ll have to leave their area, school and probably have new identities. Even walking the streets with their mum is going to put them in danger now she’s being identified.
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I feel like, and anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but the same thing rarely happens when tragedy happens to men. "Imagine if it were your son/brother etc."

People say it like it makes them sound more empathetic but its an incredibly bizarre way to need to frame something.
Because men can only empathise if they can associate as an assault on their own “property” so they have to imagine how another man would feel having his “property” aka wife or daughter etc assaulted. He’s therefore sympathising with the man in this scenario, not the actual woman who has been attacked.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
If it wasn’t a battering and he did inflict the injuries on himself I reckon it’s an ‘insanity’ ‘mental health’ claim. He will claim that he was gradually losing the plot and it started with the indecent exposure a few days before and ended with this situation now.
Yeah defence will be a psychotic break. I’m sorry but you don’t set out to kidnap, murder and dispose of a body in an incredibly calculated way due to a mental breakdown. If they argue that in court it makes a mockery of people who are genuinely suffering with their mental health, and it just adds to the stigma that “psychos” and “schizophrenics” are always murderers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 22
No one seems to be taking a moment to reflect on the hood work the police have done to find him (and her). Despite the circumstances, they did a good job.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
One of my sons best friends is her cousin. I can’t believe people were questioning why she was at a friends house.
couldn’t care less if she was at a 300 person deep underground rave. It’s irrelevant isn’t it xxxxx
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I just had a thought - you don’t think the whole family were in on it together?

I have never heard of that happening but I hope not.

And I hope he didn’t take out his sick fantasies on them.

I’m assuming here this was a “sexual” crime although we don’t know that.
 
Yeah defence will be a psychotic break. I’m sorry but you don’t set out to kidnap, murder and dispose of a body in an incredibly calculated way due to a mental breakdown. If they argue that in court it makes a mockery of people who are genuinely suffering with their mental health, and it just adds to the stigma that “psychos” and “schizophrenics” are always murderers.
Surely there would have been signs of this in work. If his line manager/colleagues suspected something or noticed unusual behaviour then it would have been dealt with immediately given his access to firearms?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
I just had a thought - you don’t think the whole family were in on it together?

I have never heard of that happening but I hope not.

And I hope he didn’t take out his sick fantasies on them.

I’m assuming here this was a “sexual” crime although we don’t know that.
What do you mean by "whole family"? His wife?
Since she has been released on bail until mid-April I don't think she was questioned for involvement with the murder. I think she may have said "yes he was at home" because perhaps he lied to her about why she needed to say that. She may not even have known what happened.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 12
i turned my back on trusting those in positions of authority when i was badly sexually assaulted in a night club (had CCTV evidence) and had a huge bite on my bottom lip and a bust nose yet a member of the force outside told me not to lead boys on in the future and sent me on my way.

God bless Sarah and her family ❤
I put an angry face to this which is in no way a reflection on you but the situation and the police officers reaction 🤬 how appauling. Xx
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 2
To be used as a weapon when someone tries to attack. Jab them in the face or something to give you a chance to get away.
Off topic but each time I see your username I have exclaimed loudly “A little bit of the bubbly” in that Chris Jericho Scottish accent
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
He's just lost control, I think what will come about Couzens is control is the most important thing to him. He lost it in custody. It'll probably emerge that his family are lucky he didn't lose it with them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
Back in the 80s when I was working in London I would often go out drinking after work. Sometimes I would get so drunk I couldn’t actually remember getting home, but I would wake up in the morning in my own bed. When I think about it now it horrifies me.
I’ve done that too. Waking up with no memory of how I got home, but safe in my own bed. Scares the absolute tit out of me now looking back. My friends and I thought it was a right laugh to get in that state, we were so naive.

Im going to be that parent picking my daughters up from night clubs/parties at 3am. duck it I’ll even take their friends home if it means they’re safe too. Even if they’re underage drinking I’d rather pick them up than them try and hide it by trying to make their own way home or something. I’m a night owl anyway so I have no problem staying up if it means my daughters get home safe. Never had that option with my own mum as she always got drunk and fell asleep.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 27
What do you mean by "whole family"? His wife?
Since she has been released on bail until mid-April I don't think she was questioned for involvement with the murder. I think she may have said "yes he was at home" because perhaps he lied to her about why she needed to say that. She may not even have known what happened.
His brother is a cop too. I guess he is being questioned in case he was aware of anything unusual in his brother's behaviour.
 
This year has taken a weird and frightening turn.

I’m mentally exhausted with all these issues (the virus, safety etc). I cannot imagine how her family are dealing with this & we don’t know the story yet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.