Sarah Everard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Male violence is a pandemic that has been constant for thousands of years and women are still made to accommodate men and to try and empathise with them even though they keep doing this to us and when we try to get them to empathise with us they pull out the victim card by throwing “IT HAPPENS TO MEN TOO” and then maybe a little victim blaming here and there.

A few days ago a 16 year old girl named Wenjing Lin in South Wales was murdered by a man whilst she was working in her families takeaway.

It’s a problem that people are ignoring and until people finally start standing up against these men it’s never gonna stop.
I did see the stats today and they are shocking, every 3 days in the UK a woman is murdered by a man. I hadn't even heard about the teenager in South Wales :(
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
The male curfew was a glib comment to highlight how unfair it is to ask women to stay at home. It was not a serious suggestion.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 39
I did see the stats today and they are shocking, every 3 days in the UK a woman is murdered by a man. I hadn't even heard about the teenager in South Wales :(
An MP read out all the names of women who have been killed in the last year in these sorts of situations and it’s over 5 minutes worth! You just wouldn’t even think about it with lockdown (domestic violence yes but not walking in the street)
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I think it’s the brazeness of it. A relatively busy city street at. 9.30 and managing to get a physically fit women in your car and abduct her within seconds without causing any attention. With the Libby Squire case there seemed to be a gradual escalation from the killers perverted behaviour to her grape and killing, and it seems that the killer here was escalating from exposing himself but it’s a big leap from that to this unless he’s killed or attacked before.
Totally agree with all of that along with the fact he was an officer has made it harder to comprehend to me then ever
 
  • Like
Reactions: 10
The only person who could say for certain what happened was Sarah as I'm damned sure the cop won't tell the truth. It'll be his version and she can't put her story across which is such a shame.

It shouldn't matter where she'd been and who she'd seen. Would we be having this conversation about her movements before her disappearance if we weren't in lockdown?

I hope that it was at least quick for her and she didn't realise what was happening.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 15
I don’t think she’s serious, it’s more about the double standard that women are told how they should behave to avoid danger while men are never challenged.
Yeah, I think it's obvious she wasn't serious (wouldn't it be great on occasion though!) but it was a way of turning the narrative on its head. Woman are always told what to do to avoid being attacked and grape when men don't have to live with those sort of restrictions. Or any restrictions actually! It's just turning the norm on its head and showing how ridiculous it is.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 17
I don’t want a curfew for men I would just like it if men stopped raping and murdering women 👍🏻 Is that too much too ask for?
It seems so, because men are bleeping psychopaths.

They need to do what they did in the good old days. Go to war and die.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
i think this was said more as a statement than actually being serious. I’ve seen a lot of discussion about it on Twitter though! Mainly by men saying it’s sexist and how it’s not fair. I completely agree it wouldn’t be fair but more often than not women are given advice not to be out when it’s dark, to not walk alone etc so in a way, women have to live their lives to a curfew. The advice to women during the 70s when theYorkshire ripper was about was literally to be home by I think 9pm? Which is where the ‘Reclaim the night’ movement started
He was a neighbour of my mums another unassuming quite bloke 😬
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Yeah, I think it's obvious she wasn't serious (wouldn't it be great on occasion though!) but it was a way of turning the narrative on its head. Woman are always told what to do to avoid being attacked and grape when men don't have to live with those sort of restrictions. Or any restrictions actually! It's just turning the norm on its head and showing how ridiculous it is.
I hadn't thought of it like this, makes sense. Thanks.
Men are kicking off about it, I'm not sure how to process that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9
I did see the stats today and they are shocking, every 3 days in the UK a woman is murdered by a man. I hadn't even heard about the teenager in South Wales :(
Isn't it terrible the way that the vast majority of murdered women don't even merit a small newspaper column? This number is horrific and hasn't come down in years. When are the powers that be wake up to this? It's not ok!
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I am horrified. This happening to a woman is bad enough without the perpetrator being a police officer.
 
  • Like
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
I have been thinking a lot about this, when I was at school for half a term all the girls in my year did self defence. The boys didn’t they did regular PE. During these classes we were taught what to do if attacked and grabbed in multiple different ways, ways to protect yourself like keeping hairspray next to the bed or in your bag, ways to throw people off by making your presence known whilst walking etc. The boys were not told how to make women feel comfortable, how to keep an eye out for women who are being followed, how to protect women. They were allowed to kick a ball around. Why is this the norm? Why are we teaching 14 year old girls how to protect themselves but not 14 year old boys how to not make women feel uncomfortable?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 45
God, it just makes me sick. As I mentioned above, the harrassment when I worked at a coffee shop. But I also think of situations I "put myself in" (i.e. going back to a guy's flat, someone coming to mine, walking home at night, etc) that could have been so dangerous...not because I did anything wrong but because women are so often murdered by random men 😭. It scares me to think back to when I was a young woman at uni. Yet us women are always made to feel like we did something wrong and we did not!! Parents need to be educating their sons from a young age.
Back in the 80s when I was working in London I would often go out drinking after work. Sometimes I would get so drunk I couldn’t actually remember getting home, but I would wake up in the morning in my own bed. When I think about it now it horrifies me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 25
Back in the 80s when I was working in London I would often go out drinking after work. Sometimes I would get so drunk I couldn’t actually remember getting home, but I would wake up in the morning in my own bed. When I think about it now it horrifies me.
I’ve gone through my phone today and after almost all nights out regardless of what age I was, every nights ends with “I’m home”
 
  • Like
Reactions: 15
I’m so glad this is the top news story not some American women bleating about her injustices as a duchess.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 26
I’ve so many photos on my phone of taxi license plates and ID numbers that I texted to someone just in case.

Crazy what we make women believe is normal isn’t it?

I said it in another thread earlier, women are conditioned by society from an early age to protect themselves. So much of what we do is about protecting ourselves and it becomes so second nature that we don’t even question how ducked up it is.
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Not sure if it's mentioned in this thread yet but one of the papers interviewed a neighbour and they said there was ambulance outside the family home a few days before his arrest.
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: 12
Yeh - sounds like he has a real issue with women which doesn’t bode well if he has 2 daughters.

I hope they weren’t abused.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.