Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
That’s disgusting if they claiming for looking after a relative. Have they no morals. You don’t need you get paid for caring for a family member. How low can people go. It’s a certain type and these lot definitely fit that type. Social welfare needs to be stopped.
What? IF Sarah is claiming for beddy then that’s one thing - but why do you think people shouldn’t get an allowance for being a carer to their relative? Some people have to give up work and still have all the bills and expenses they had while working, they don’t stop and the bills don’t cease just because your relative is sick. Not to mind they are saving the state an absolute fortune by doing the dirty work and not asking for home help or going down other avenues. I’ve never read anything so ridiculous.

I have no idea what Sarah is claiming, she’s a geebag either way - but please think about who your comment could offend. There are many genuine people out there doing the hardest thing in the world, caring for a sick family member, their lives on pause, and getting pittance for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 81

Mary Mary

VIP Member
Yer love story is your favourite Sarah is it? The one where you hooked up with him while you were about to go down the aisle to someone else and the same love story where Keith proposed on a dirty floor upstairs in your bedroom after a night of drink with a Pandora ring that’s 2 sizes too small? A real love story alright, we are all so jealous 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 62

Padlock10

sending you love and hugs, I know there is nothing worse than saying to look on the bright side, it could be worse...but I am going to say it... be grateful you look in the mirror and you arent burp and you dont have to shag keet!

Jokes aside, be kind to your self and try and get some time for you in there. I know everything can seem to dark and bleak, but these times will pass, you are enough, you are amazing and you are loved. If you need to vent at us on here, fire away girl. Youve got this xxxx
I'm snorting now (mix of tears and laughter)
Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely, thoughtful message💞
As we say in Cork Ye'r a sound bunch...😍
It'll pass🤞🏻 I'll have my Green Blazer out tomorrow 😅xxx
---
Sorry to hear, its not fun so make sure you look after yourself ❤I always found writing diary entries pretending to be Sars helped me . I did. Didn't I? I did 😂
Dear diary,
I had a shower this morning buttttt didn't wash my hair cause it's raining so what's the point.
The cushions look better than ever, I'm weak.
The insta room is organized.
I made the bed, didn't bother changing the sheets cause the 3 months aren't up yet.
Made a fab high cal dinner
The End

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55

Lee Sah

That’s disgusting if they claiming for looking after a relative. Have they no morals. You don’t need you get paid for caring for a family member. How low can people go. It’s a certain type and these lot definitely fit that type. Social welfare needs to be stopped.
My husband is a carer to 2 very elderly family members. He had to give up work and now gets about 264 a week for 24 hour care. We haven't had a holiday in years as he has no one to look after them while we are away. He has to lift them in and out of bed. Clean them as they are incontinent and do everything for them. He is saving the government an absolute fortune in nursing home fees. And the fight to even get carers was ridiculous. We had forms to fill in, letters from doctors and even a visit from social welfare to make sure the family members needed the care. These are people in their 90s with early onset dementia. I agree that burps is milking the system but please don't tar everyone with the same brush.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 54

Durtywexico

Couldn’t resist tweaking this pic - was a piss take of Enoch’s family. Must be something in the Burke name 🤣🤣

DFD49BC4-52C3-4475-897F-997830C503EF.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

Dbloggs

Sorry, is anyone else going to address the fact that she has just stated she has pictures on her wall of a miscarried 12 week old fetus? Am I the only one who thinks this is off the rail shit!? 😵"when they brought Jack into us".

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 49

Lim1947

Laurel and Hardy...anytime I see her with the hair scraped back, same greasy hair same moustache 🙈
Screenshot_20230315_123039_Google.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 48
We, husband and I care for our 6 year old. As she's getting older her needs are a lot more. Believe me I can account for every cent of that 230 euro a week . One physiotherapy session is 120 euro. She has 3 sessions a week at the moment. That is private all because we would have to wait 2 years before my daughter could get a HSE physio. Neither my husband or I are social welfare scroungers and believe me I wish we didn't need that money and my daughter was like most 6 year Olds. My husband travels abroad a lot , could be gone 15 to 20 days a month. I then have our daughter 24 hrs a day. Which is a blessing and I wouldn't change a thing since she's been born we've had 5 years and 11 months of sheer happiness since she came into our lives. Feb I had to give up work, to be a full time career not because I don't want to work, But because our daughter means more to us then money and if we didn't care for her. She would be in a home.

I understand people think she's your daughter as a parent that's your job. Yes it is. 24/7 she is with us we wouldn't have it any other way. I had our baby boy 16 th Feb here at home, because my husband was in Germany working and couldn't get home couldn't afford another flight if I'm honest. Baby was born at 8 :30 am 16th Feb I was bathing my daughter at 7 pm that night , while he lay still in a cot. I'm not looking for sympathy and wouldn't have mentioned it at all only that it needs to be understood that anyone who cares for someone who needs constant help gets no break. But I wouldn't change a second of the last 5 years 11 months.

So please think before you write stuff like above. Caring for adult or children is a 24 hour 7 day a week full time job , hard work , long hours , falling into bed at 1 , 2 , 3 am or still up as the sun comes up because maybe that day was a particularly hard day for those that we as careres are caring for.

Last edited:
  • Heart

WtfInsta

Chatty Member
Hi burbs 👋Someone sent you a message by mistake, translation; you read here and needed to make sure we all knew you didn't drink last night just to add to speculation about you. And also if you had been drinking and acting a bit silly , we have all done that, but you act like a ejjit when sober so thats more embarrassing to be fair

• Haha

themongey

Chatty Member
Thread title suggestion

‘Teet’s stepped up dad to 2 kidz, cos this one definitely isn’t hiz’

• Haha
Reactions: 45