Sarah Ashcroft

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing is that lots of influencers are still managing to succeed on social despite the changes, but I’ll be honest with you Sarah’s content is really stale and I think that happened to a lot of influencers when the pandemic started.

most don’t know how to be creative and it’s often just ad after ad. They’re not doing us a favour by posting but the most entitled ones think we’re getting it all for free so we should be grateful. Worst kind of influencer really.

Reactions: 4
The thing is that lots of influencers are still managing to succeed on social despite the changes, but I’ll be honest with you Sarah’s content is really stale and I think that happened to a lot of influencers when the pandemic started.

most don’t know how to be creative and it’s often just ad after ad. They’re not doing us a favour by posting but the most entitled ones think we’re getting it all for free so we should be grateful. Worst kind of influencer really.
Yes! I remember Sarah saying before in an interview “I just really love creating a great image for Instagram” but I feel her creativity extends only this far; and the “great image” in question is a really “instagrammable” image of her in an outfit.

I will say she did this well - like early days I could see she went on holidays almost specifically to get a better outfit/aesthetic photo and she did do it well (having a photographer best mate helps tho) but as you’ve said, those images became a dime a dozen once influencing became a real thing and everyone’s mum has a ring light now. I agree that especially pandemic onwards she would have needed to evolve a little bit.

Personally I also think she got a little snobby, hated being called an influencer, thought she was better than every other girl taking outfit photos on insta, and tried to move away from it a little and it’s backfired bc she has less engagement and reach now. Does that make sense? Like I understand you would grow out of things but with her I feel like once everyone started influencing (I do remember that Sarah once had her IG as “social media influencer” and I’d never heard the term before whereas now we all know about influencers!) she was a bit like hang on,lm better than these lot, and wanted to suddenly not be grouped in with influencers. Which is fine. But you can’t slow down on all the content that made you popular and then be like “omg insta killed my reach”. Lol. It’s a culmination of things too like a few years ago she seemed to have this perfect life always on holiday at like 23 years old, now she’s a bit older and settled with a boring bf and dog etc, young girls won’t be as attracted to her content. And young girls make up most of the influencer fan base. Her style really went downhill as well if I’m honest

Reactions: 8
She is also completely out of touch with the average young woman around her age.

If you look at her old content, she used to buy clothes from average brands and be more open. However, she did a 180 and changed her style for everything trendy under the sun. It's as if she lost herself and her true personality along the way.

Now she wants to have the same figure when it comes to the amount of viewers and interactions that she had in 2017. You can't have it both ways. Especially when your content isn't as engaging.

Reactions: 5
I hope it’s just the lighting in this video but the bags under her eyes look so dark! They actually look sore if that’s even possible 😳

She is also completely out of touch with the average young woman around her age.

If you look at her old content, she used to buy clothes from average brands and be more open. However, she did a 180 and changed her style for everything trendy under the sun. It's as if she lost herself and her true personality along the way.

Now she wants to have the same figure when it comes to the amount of viewers and interactions that she had in 2017. You can't have it both ways. Especially when your content isn't as engaging.
I think you and other users have said it right. She’s just not as engaging anymore. I actually used to love watching her vlogs with Rebecca when they’d be on holidays, she came across as very likeable and relatable. Yes her holidays were gorgeous and amazing but they never seemed braggy or showy!

I feel since she got with Joe or whatever his name is, she’s changed her image, she comes across very privileged and snooty now.

I get as we get older our styles change and our lifestyles change but that’s where she went wrong, she never really grew with everyone else, she isolated her crowd because of her privileged personality and she doesn’t seem relateable anymore. Also her vlogs are so boring now. She doesn’t seem as fun and exciting anymore. I watched a couple of her holiday vlogs since being with Joe and the vibe is just different (I get you act different with your man to your friends) but again I think that’s where it all changed.

I also can’t get over how much work she has had done to her face. She literally looks like Krytrn off Red dwarf 😳 the fillers in her jaw and cheeks are crazy!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Am I the only one who doesn’t understand what’s so amazing about this bun and fringe?! Like a whole vlog on it?! I wear my hair like this everyday for work and it takes me five minutes! 🥴
That’s the classic year 9 hairstyle we all did with the fringe bits hehe no one needs a tutorial

Reactions: 4
Did she change her jawline?

I was watching the last vlog and I swear her jawline is weird. It is this weird square shaped that a lot of botched women have.

Reactions: 1
Did she change her jawline?

I was watching the last vlog and I swear her jawline is weird. It is this weird square shaped that a lot of botched women have.
it’s been like for years but I think it’s more noticeable now because she’s usually got her hair up or because it’s so short and thin now.

she’s got an insane amount of filler in her jaw and cheeks and it’s aged her so much! It also does generally look so ridiculous too!

I remember few years back she was celebrating her birthday on insta, think it was maybe her 25th one something and had loads Of balloons and people were commenting saying they honestly believed she was older, like in her 40s 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Yep and idk If she still has videos up but I went back on her YouTube once and you can almost see literally the difference between two videos one to the next where she went blonde and must have had fillers first time bc she looks completely different to the ones before! And now I think about it she looked super young on all her previous videos. I really do think filler ages you when you have it young

I don’t know why but her dress sense actually gets me angry 🤣 like everything is so mis matched these days.

also does anyone else think her clothing line is mega basic? Just mainly tracksuits and tacky dresses
No I literally dk what happened to her style I used to want everything she posted and at some point it just went so wrong

Only thing I’ve seen from SLA I liked is those sequin shirt dresses in bright colours.

No I literally dk what happened to her style I used to want everything she posted and at some point it just went so wrong

Only thing I’ve seen from SLA I liked is those sequin shirt dresses in bright colours.
Every fast fashion brand has done the oversized shirts thou. Nothing she does is original where as before her style was pretty cool and unique

I refuse to believe she isn't in her 40s. I've never seen someone look so much older than they are............... She looks like a divorcee.

Reactions: 8
It's mad how she's overdone it on the fillers. Surely someone in your life would tell you??

Didn't realise there was a thread for her! Was hoping there was.😄
One word. Dreamy.

• Haha
not even saying this to be snarky but when i watched her on youtube for the first time i thought she was mid to late thirties

I've been watching her for years and used to sort of comfort watch her travel videos and loved her hair while it was long and blonde. Then into turned into eyerolling when she became obsessed with saying "vibey" (and now "dreamy") and now I kinda watch her because she's good sort of mindless crap to put on. I almost feel sorry for her, she's only a couple of years older than me and she looks like she could be my mother!