Sarah Akwisombe #2 The money is scamming & Llewelyn Davies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am. Just catching up now. I got the refund through yest morning. It was for group coaching yet to happen, I wonder is that why I got it so easily, perhaps for courses that already happened the money has been spent....

Or since they mentioned legal advice, they are reluctant to refund for course that already took place as they feel they might be legally entitled to hang on to it (unlikely I know but there must be some reason why others on SI etc are habing a harder time getting the refunds).

I cannot believe the actual cheek if her to admonish concerned commenters on ig inferring there is no reason to worry about not getting refunds and of course they are responding to emails and then Jason is sending mails not even addressing the refunds issue. And then turn off comments.

Sweet jesus. Honestly hard to believe. What happened to this woman for her to go from the 2018 Sarah quoted on fb above, to this?

Reactions: 8
I might be totally wrong, but I’m sure that’s what he said? At the time I thought they included future payments from the BA (which would have been another £1k per customer) but like I said, I could have it wrong?
No I think you remember right - that’s why I think it was all very misleading. I’m sure Sarah knows what turnover is?

Reactions: 3
I am. Just catching up now. I got the refund through yest morning. It was for group coaching yet to happen, I wonder is that why I got it so easily, perhaps for courses that already happened the money has been spent....

Or since they mentioned legal advice, they are reluctant to refund for course that already took place as they feel they might be legally entitled to hang on to it (unlikely I know but there must be some reason why others on SI etc are habing a harder time getting the refunds).

I cannot believe the actual cheek if her to admonish concerned commenters on ig inferring there is no reason to worry about not getting refunds and of course they are responding to emails and then Jason is sending mails not even addressing the refunds issue. And then turn off comments.

Sweet jesus. Honestly hard to believe. What happened to this woman for her to go from the 2018 Sarah quoted on fb above, to this?
So pleased to hear you got your refund, that's great news!

I think that's what's happening. To me, it seems they are refunding those who's courses were cut short or were still yet to happen - but *only* those who have asked for it, I don't think she's refunding everyone, despite them all being from the same course. She stated on one of her posts that "those who asked for refunds have been refunded" so it would seem she's being somewhat tactile about it.

Those who did the group coaching in August (like myself) will unlikely get refunded, I'd imagine, as she could argue the course was delivered (despite, as we all know, it being nothing what she advertised as, and she didn't hold up her side of the deliverables).

Also, someone mentioned the T&Cs on the NBBS website - do we know if this is blanket one for all courses taken with her? Because if it is a 14 day refund window, how would she possibly manage that given that she's running courses anything from one day to 12 months - and as we all know now, can't even keep a handle on delivering courses and keeping on top of running everything anyway.

Reactions: 6
Say a million was made, with half going to LD. so that’s £500k, factor in tax which is stated to be a take home of £276K. (Any salary calculator will tell you that). Then add on top of that a Tesla, a 40k shed, very expensive hand bags and trainer and taking the women who mean the most to her out for a lavish day all on her that leaves her with around £100k. All estimates of course. Then to issue refunds of up to around £1 million. How can she possibly afford to do that? It’s such an irresponsible way to manage money when she deems she’s so good at it. You would remain quiet and issue a select few a refund to give the illusion money is being returned to customers, when in fact it will probably never materialise. LD isn’t going to refund Her as he made his money directly from her. That’s not from courses that weren’t fulfilled, that was a transaction and no doubt written agreement they had together.

What happened is greed, sadly. I feel sad for her now, she has been incredibly short sighted. But feeling sad for her is probably still a bit of her brainwashing working its magic on me. ffs. I think I just feel sad for her kids, mostly.

Last edited:
What happened is greed, sadly. I feel sad for her now, she has been incredibly short sighted.
It was absolutely greed. She said so in that podcast video - she didn't care how she reached those money milestones, just as long as she got there. She had absolutely no thought or duty of care to her customers. She said herself, she was surprised how easy it was to do, and I think that got the better of her.

What's sad is that at no point through all of that did she a) think what she was actually delivering to people and how vulnerable a lot of women would have been and b) that she didn't think "this has all been too easy, I should think about putting this money aside as a worst case scenario incase this all crumbles tomorrow" - she didn't think about future proofing herself or her family (or her customers!) and instead enjoyed lording it up all over IG Stories about how she was spending everyone's money.

It's like those rogue traders you see on TV who police are tracking for fraud and they uncover their lavish holiday and home purchase photos all over their Facebook pages. It's all there for everyone to see, she can't hide from that.

Also, did someone say she’s turned off comments on NBBS too? They seem to still be switched on.

And spotted this tone deaf post from a few weeks back 😑

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Just as an aside, I suspect they're leasing the Tesla. The government introduced new tax breaks on it back in April which means if you get it as a company car, you don't pay BiK tax for it. My neighbour got one in this way and was telling me it was the best selling car in the UK in March/April so not as special as it could have been...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Also a previous poster mentioned refunds being received for courses not yet finished. This may be the case if it’s coming from her NBBS account.

For those signed up to the BA they unknowingly paid their new company “No Exit” and I don’t believe anyone has received money back. It’s now day 10 and nothing. This is what is worrying people.

Reactions: 2
Also a previous poster mentioned refunds being received for courses not yet finished. This may be the case if it’s coming from her NBBS account.

For those signed up to the BA they unknowingly paid their new company “No Exit” and I don’t believe anyone has received money back. It’s now day 10 and nothing. This is what is worrying people.
Oh gosh, hadn't considered that they may have paid under the "No Exit" company - that was set up with Llewy, so imagine that will be next level trying to recoup refunds from that, eeeek.

Reactions: 2
If comments are open on ig someone should mention this to try and cut through the bullshit /propoganda and hopefully force her to be transparent about what's going on. The fact she set up a new company with llewy and took payments through it without clarifying that for the people booking, and refunds for that don't appear to be forthcoming, is serious and hopefully can't be shut down with the repeated 'she's great, I was refunded' spiel

• Heart
Oh gosh, hadn't considered that they may have paid under the "No Exit" company - that was set up with Llewy, so imagine that will be next level trying to recoup refunds from that, eeeek.
We weren’t told we were paying no exit it was done under NBBS so that’s who we presumed we were paying

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Exactly. With £200 a customer to refund (I think they said over 300 joined?) that’s a huge whack to refund, especially if Llewy took his 50%.

So to all her minions saying that they got their money back, I’m sure you did! But those who unknowingly paid a different company are yet to see a penny.

• Wow
Good god, I just caught up on all this. Can’t believe refunds haven’t been issued yet for everyone.

I find it hard to believe any legal advice would suggest she can keep any of the money, even if she delivered some content. It wasn’t delivered as advertised. It’s all very subjective and by the sounds of things there was nothing in writing that anyone signed etc? She needs to just refund in full, it’s basically been proven to be a con.

Such a knowledgeable business woman who knows so much about marketing and brand image should know not to make snide comments on Instagram.

I honestly think if you all don’t get your refunds today you need to escalate as much as possible. ‘It’s being dealt with, bear with us’ isn’t really good enough when it’s such large sums of money. Especially while she’s swanning round showing off her Tesla. I mean you couldn’t make it up. It’s like the monorail episode of the Simpsons.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Good god, I just caught up on all this. Can’t believe refunds haven’t been issued yet for everyone.

I find it hard to believe any legal advice would suggest she can keep any of the money, even if she delivered some content. It wasn’t delivered as advertised. It’s all very subjective and by the sounds of things there was nothing in writing that anyone signed etc? She needs to just refund in full, it’s basically been proven to be a con.

Such a knowledgeable business woman who knows so much about marketing and brand image should know not to make snide comments on Instagram.

I honestly think if you all don’t get your refunds today you need to escalate as much as possible. ‘It’s being dealt with, bear with us’ isn’t really good enough when it’s such large sums of money. Especially while she’s swanning round showing off her Tesla. I mean you couldn’t make it up. It’s like the monorail episode of the Simpsons.
Nope, none of us signed anything.

You're absolutely right though, for someone who preaches about being such a "bossbabe" at marketing, she really doesn't have a clue.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.