Sarah Akwisombe #13 Those meddling wiches on Tattle foiled my coaching scam!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Personally I do believe in manifestation, and maybe that makes me a dumbass. So be it. However, I believe it works best in one's favor when you don't pull stupid tit like Sarah did. Don't steal, work for it legitimately. Take real action towards figuring your tit out, figure out what it is you actually like doing, learn how to do it, and make sure you know what you're doing. It's been said that the more effort you actually put in, the luckier you get.
Oh no, I'd definitely agree with that interpretation of manifesting - kind of a combination of goalsetting, action and positive thinking/visualisation - that's pretty much the blueprint for success in everything from sport to business.

It certainly isn't the facile, childish thing that Sarah Akwisombe advocates, with an entitled mindset for minimal effort. Hence the wheels coming off her life and business so spectacularly when combined with her total lack of morals.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Like a stick of rock, "contrepreneur" runs all the way through Sarah Akwisombe. Looking at setting up a new podcast, which as we know from Mike Winnet's "The Contrepreneur Formula" is one of the key strategies in the "invent & establish authority" phase of setting up a con.

Screenshot_20211209-103248_Instagram.jpg

If you've not already watched it, check out the Contrepreneur Formula video and you'll see just how many steps Sarah followed in 2020. She took a warning video as a training manual.....

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Like a stick of rock, "contrepreneur" runs all the way through Sarah Akwisombe. Looking at setting up a new podcast, which as we know from Mike Winnet's "The Contrepreneur Formula" is one of the key strategies in the "invent & establish authority" phase of setting up a con.

View attachment 913955

If you've not already watched it, check out the Contrepreneur Formula video and you'll see just how many steps Sarah followed in 2020. She took a warning video as a training manual.....

Because of douchebag scammers like this I don't trust anyone who says "limited spots", "it sells out quickly", something that doesn't have a price (or something that has a stupidly high price), someone that's not officially certified as an expert, or any - I repeat any - testimonials of ANY kind. Want me to invest money with you? You better show me some credentials. And that's what these scammers have done to every single serious person out there with a business. Because the scammers aren't trustworthy, nobody is trustworthy anymore. Scammers have ruined it for everyone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Because of douchebag scammers like this I don't trust anyone who says "limited spots", "it sells out quickly", something that doesn't have a price (or something that has a stupidly high price), someone that's not officially certified as an expert, or any - I repeat any - testimonials of ANY kind. Want me to invest money with you? You better show me some credentials. And that's what these scammers have done to every single serious person out there with a business. Because the scammers aren't trustworthy, nobody is trustworthy anymore. Scammers have ruined it for everyone else.
Exactly 👏👏👏 The scammers, fraudsters, fake gurus and contrepreneurs like Sarah Akwisombe and her ilk have not only damaged their victims, they've tarnished entire industries and undermined trust, making it harder for legit operators to function.

I remember last year when the excellent Clare Seal (myfrugalyear) turned down a speaking engagement at an online event as she refused to share the billing with Akwisombe. I already liked her but she grew in stature by doing that. We need more online service providers to speak out and disavow Sarah Akwisombe and everyone else like her.

There's been so much good done here, these threads and the media coverage have cut off so many scam income streams and opportunities for her. Keep up the great work everyone 🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 8
NBBS newsletter this week....its basically that long ass Tweet she graced us with the other day.

(Discuss, 10 points) 😂

Hey!

Cancel culture is a modern phenomenon. Only this week a business owner friend of mine asked me to meet and help her get ahead of any potential cancelling. She's witnessed many other brands go through troubles at the hands of social media and wanted to see what she could do to prepare for such a fate.

So much came up via our conversation. How sometimes the things that kick off a cancelling might not even be true, or are twisted out of context. How small business owners are often not prepared or trained in any kind of way to handle such a public scandal, and how there is absolutely NO blueprint or special advisor for this. Traditional PR doesn't quite understand how fast the world of social media works or how it feels to be a founder led company enduring it's first public fallout.

Mostly, we spoke about the mental health impact it has.

Basically, you can feel like you're out on your own. I think a lot of business owners have this in the back of their mind as something that they hope and pray doesn't happen to them but, newsflash, everyone used to have their 15 mins of fame, now everyone is likely to have their 15 mins of being cancelled.

You might have seen this on my insta this past week, but if not, here are 15 things I learnt from being cancelled.

Last year me and my business went through a public scandal and I was cancelled. I lost an almost million pound turnover business, had numerous bad press articles and a nasty gossip thread created that still rages a year later.

15 months on, here’s what I learned...

I’ll just start this by saying I made a lot of crappy mistakes during that time and I own it. I’ve learnt and grown a lot.

I’m happy I didn’t disappear from socials. I took a couple of short breaks but overall I didn’t want or need to. I knew how much harder and mentally heavy it would be to come back after a prolonged period - I’ve seen this from other people I know who have been cancelled and struggling to make their ‘Re- entry’ into public profile.

When I was in it, it felt like everyone hated me / was against me. My emotions took over and I could only see the bad, instead of realising a lot of the support I had. My core audience are and we're still there, the ‘cancelling’ just flushed out those who didn’t really get me or want to take the time to understand. and so weren’t my ideal audience anyway. I’ve learnt to trust the data instead of emotions.

I learnt that silence isn’t the best policy - it really depends on your audience. I’ve always been super transparent and open with you guys, so making drafted statements etc felt weird. Everyone at the time advised me not to share what was really going down but over a year on, this is I hear repeated back to me over and over again - most fo you respected the brutal honesty.

On reflection, I wouldn’t have given any statements to the press. At the time I wanted to clear the one sided narrative that they had, but of course it was mostly ignored or taken out of context as it detracted from their initial takedown pieces. No comment would have been fine but I was worried it would make things look worse because I hadn’t stood up for myself.

In retrospect, I probably didn’t need to close my business as a result of the scandal, the support and customers are still there. But I’m happy with my decision as the mental load was too much and it’s made way for a new challenge (don’t know what that will be yet!)

The most long living problem with being ‘cancelled’ is how much noise it put into my head. I didn’t ever second guess decisions before or how it would look ‘optically’ but now I do. Maybe that’s good, maybe bad, not sure!

The hardest part of being cancelled is feeling like my career trajectory may never be what I thought it would. That’s been the hardest part to accept. Again, could end up being better, who knows!

I was surprised at the lengths people went to cause me distress. I had the council sent to my house, my children spoken about online, brands I worked with contacted to drop me, attempts at taking me to court. People can be very vindictive if they feel that they have been wronged.

On the brand side - they would all hear the story and say they were happy to work with me despite it. They would all go on to go back on their word. They don’t want or need the drama so fair enough, I still got paid!

Being cancelled and enduring a public scandal has made me super resilient. I’m much more willing to talk about my views and opinions now because I’ve been through the worst of it. I guess this could have had the opposite effect but now I’m like feel free to cancel me, this ain’t my first rodeo!

It made me a lot more open minded and less affected by headlines. People tend to not care about the nuance or context of a situation, they will take it on headline only. I now take everything with a pinch of salt and I wouldn’t ever call for someone to be cancelled. We all have things to learn and we all duck up.

There is a secret society of people who have been cancelled who all reach out to each other to provide support ;)

No amount of finger pointing at others will save you from being cancelled. You can’t build up a bank of being ‘woke’ and think it’s an armour. If people decide they’re coming for you then you’re done, regardless of how many other people you’ve called out.

I learnt to trust myself and my decisions on how I handled it. I knew what was true to me, even when I had my closest telling me I was doing it all wrong. I’m happy with my decisions, it would have cost me more in the long term to handle it the ‘correct’ way to hate myself for it.

There is a lot to learn about yourself from being cancelled! I’m a better person as a result and I learnt some really valuable lessons. Some of the people in the cancel gang actually have a point, so it’s good to listen to it and see if they have fair criticism.

------------------------------------

What do you guys think about cancel culture?
Is it really holding people accountable, or just a way to virtue signal?
Do you fear being cancelled in your business?
Hit reply - I'd love to know your thoughts.

S x​

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
"Hi, I'm Sarah Akwisombe. I fucked up my business and entire life by being caught scamming, the media covered it in 16 articles, the BBC had to edit me out of a podcast, and there's 13,000+ comments in the one safe space where I can't silence my victims and people helping & supporting them.

Here's my twisted version of events which conveniently glosses over that no, I haven't "owned it" as I never apologised or refunded all the people I ripped off.

Now please reply so I can gauge if I can sell another bullshit Google level "course" to vulnerable and frightened people as all my businesses are dead and my job search is going tit because companies & recruiters tend to look up people as part of due diligence. I'm bleeping skint. Please tell me your fears so I can prey on them and manipulate you into giving me money."

There, fixed that email for you Sarah 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Girl, you're scraping the barrel now. If you'd just done the right thing 15 months ago, all this would be over and who knows, people other than a few sycophants on instagram might still think you have a place in the world of business.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
NBBS newsletter this week....its basically that long ass Tweet she graced us with the other day.

(Discuss, 10 points) 😂

Hey!

Cancel culture is a modern phenomenon. Only this week a business owner friend of mine asked me to meet and help her get ahead of any potential cancelling. She's witnessed many other brands go through troubles at the hands of social media and wanted to see what she could do to prepare for such a fate.

So much came up via our conversation. How sometimes the things that kick off a cancelling might not even be true, or are twisted out of context. How small business owners are often not prepared or trained in any kind of way to handle such a public scandal, and how there is absolutely NO blueprint or special advisor for this. Traditional PR doesn't quite understand how fast the world of social media works or how it feels to be a founder led company enduring it's first public fallout.

Mostly, we spoke about the mental health impact it has.

Basically, you can feel like you're out on your own. I think a lot of business owners have this in the back of their mind as something that they hope and pray doesn't happen to them but, newsflash, everyone used to have their 15 mins of fame, now everyone is likely to have their 15 mins of being cancelled.

You might have seen this on my insta this past week, but if not, here are 15 things I learnt from being cancelled.

Last year me and my business went through a public scandal and I was cancelled. I lost an almost million pound turnover business, had numerous bad press articles and a nasty gossip thread created that still rages a year later.

15 months on, here’s what I learned...

I’ll just start this by saying I made a lot of crappy mistakes during that time and I own it. I’ve learnt and grown a lot.

I’m happy I didn’t disappear from socials. I took a couple of short breaks but overall I didn’t want or need to. I knew how much harder and mentally heavy it would be to come back after a prolonged period - I’ve seen this from other people I know who have been cancelled and struggling to make their ‘Re- entry’ into public profile.

When I was in it, it felt like everyone hated me / was against me. My emotions took over and I could only see the bad, instead of realising a lot of the support I had. My core audience are and we're still there, the ‘cancelling’ just flushed out those who didn’t really get me or want to take the time to understand. and so weren’t my ideal audience anyway. I’ve learnt to trust the data instead of emotions.

I learnt that silence isn’t the best policy - it really depends on your audience. I’ve always been super transparent and open with you guys, so making drafted statements etc felt weird. Everyone at the time advised me not to share what was really going down but over a year on, this is I hear repeated back to me over and over again - most fo you respected the brutal honesty.

On reflection, I wouldn’t have given any statements to the press. At the time I wanted to clear the one sided narrative that they had, but of course it was mostly ignored or taken out of context as it detracted from their initial takedown pieces. No comment would have been fine but I was worried it would make things look worse because I hadn’t stood up for myself.

In retrospect, I probably didn’t need to close my business as a result of the scandal, the support and customers are still there. But I’m happy with my decision as the mental load was too much and it’s made way for a new challenge (don’t know what that will be yet!)

The most long living problem with being ‘cancelled’ is how much noise it put into my head. I didn’t ever second guess decisions before or how it would look ‘optically’ but now I do. Maybe that’s good, maybe bad, not sure!

The hardest part of being cancelled is feeling like my career trajectory may never be what I thought it would. That’s been the hardest part to accept. Again, could end up being better, who knows!

I was surprised at the lengths people went to cause me distress. I had the council sent to my house, my children spoken about online, brands I worked with contacted to drop me, attempts at taking me to court. People can be very vindictive if they feel that they have been wronged.

On the brand side - they would all hear the story and say they were happy to work with me despite it. They would all go on to go back on their word. They don’t want or need the drama so fair enough, I still got paid!

Being cancelled and enduring a public scandal has made me super resilient. I’m much more willing to talk about my views and opinions now because I’ve been through the worst of it. I guess this could have had the opposite effect but now I’m like feel free to cancel me, this ain’t my first rodeo!

It made me a lot more open minded and less affected by headlines. People tend to not care about the nuance or context of a situation, they will take it on headline only. I now take everything with a pinch of salt and I wouldn’t ever call for someone to be cancelled. We all have things to learn and we all duck up.

There is a secret society of people who have been cancelled who all reach out to each other to provide support ;)

No amount of finger pointing at others will save you from being cancelled. You can’t build up a bank of being ‘woke’ and think it’s an armour. If people decide they’re coming for you then you’re done, regardless of how many other people you’ve called out.

I learnt to trust myself and my decisions on how I handled it. I knew what was true to me, even when I had my closest telling me I was doing it all wrong. I’m happy with my decisions, it would have cost me more in the long term to handle it the ‘correct’ way to hate myself for it.

There is a lot to learn about yourself from being cancelled! I’m a better person as a result and I learnt some really valuable lessons. Some of the people in the cancel gang actually have a point, so it’s good to listen to it and see if they have fair criticism.

------------------------------------

What do you guys think about cancel culture?
Is it really holding people accountable, or just a way to virtue signal?
Do you fear being cancelled in your business?
Hit reply - I'd love to know your thoughts.

S x​
Whatever you need to tell yourself to be able to sleep at night, hun.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It’s clear there is no income flow as she used to brag about how much money she was ‘earning’ or had in her bank account.

She’s so totally irrelevant and cancelled 👍🏽

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It’s clear there is no income flow as she used to brag about how much money she was ‘earning’ or had in her bank account.

She’s so totally irrelevant and cancelled 👍🏽
This is true. Her bragginess about her income seems to have dried up.. well, probably about as much as her income it would appear, lol.

• Heart
I hope they don’t get their house repossessed - for their kids’ sake, not theirs.
A very good point. Those poor kids didn't choose their mother, and it seems so much of their future hangs in the balance because of what she's done and refuses to put right.

Had Sarah Akwisombe just done the right thing 16 months ago, she'd not be staring down the barrel of a wrecked reputation, financial ruin and no obvious way out of the hole she's dug gor herself and her family.

Reactions: 1
A very good point. Those poor kids didn't choose their mother, and it seems so much of their future hangs in the balance because of what she's done and refuses to put right.

Had Sarah Akwisombe just done the right thing 16 months ago, she'd not be staring down the barrel of a wrecked reputation, financial ruin and no obvious way out of the hole she's dug gor herself and her family.
She’s a total selfish narcissist…

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Sarah: lies, steals, cheats, manipulates, bullies, gaslights, deletes and blocks.

People she conned: keeps the focus on her crime, refuse to give in or give up.

Sarah: «you’ll never be criticized by people doing more than you because they’re too busy working on their goals. You’ll only be criticized by people doing less than you and who haven’t achieved theirs and are taking it out on you».

Still trying to twist the narrative in her favor.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Sarah: lies, steals, cheats, manipulates, bullies, gaslights, deletes and blocks.

People she conned: keeps the focus on her crime, refuse to give in or give up.

Sarah: «you’ll never be criticized by people doing more than you because they’re too busy working on their goals. You’ll only be criticized by people doing less than you and who haven’t achieved theirs and are taking it out on you».

Still trying to twist the narrative in her favor.
And the irony that there's first hand testimonials of people here who ARE "smashing it" (sorry Sarah and Llewy 🤣🤣), having record breaking months & quarters, doing ETHICAL business their clients love, while Sarah is desperately scraping round trying to replace the lost income streams from scamming and selling Google info for exorbitant prices..... 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️😂🤣

But yeah Sarah, you keep trying to convince yourself that you aren't washed up now your scammy ways have been fully exposed.

• Haha
  • Heart
I hope they don’t get their house repossessed - for their kids’ sake, not theirs.
Knew I'd seen somewhere that there was what looked like a bit of sharp practice to get that house..... On the assumption this isn't total lies (and TBH with Sarah Akwisombe who knows what is fact and what is fiction), there really could be trouble on the horizon:

Screenshot_20201130_070901.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Yeah, whatever those sales projections were, it’s likely they’re nowhere near reality right now. I’ve gotten a mortgage as a self-employed person and it was tedious but they would only consider ACTUAL earnings and leant us a multiple of the average of the last 3 years. If hers went on future possible earnings, perhaps a bit more ‘lack mentality’ (or ‘caution’ if you want to be less judgemental about it) would have been wise.

I'd not want to be looking at remortgages in the face of rising rates and nowhere near the (inflated) income projections Sarah alludes to!

Once again illustrates why Sarah Akwisombe is NOT someone you should be paying for advice, whether business or personal. Lies about her income to hook clients, sells outdated and incomplete Google info as her own knowledge for silly money, abuses clients when they see through her bullshit, shows zero personal or professional ethics, only being interested in easy money, appears to think grossly overgearing on a property is wise and denigrates a more sensible approach, to name but a few.

Doesn't sound to me like a good, trusted advisor 😂😂😂😂

There’s some really insightful articles on a substack called ‘Mothers under the Influence’ about mumfluencer culture. Came across it via The Guardian. Would LOVE to see the author tackle the MLM/girl boss pyramid trap too. 👀

Here, have a link why not…

• Heart
There’s some really insightful articles on a substack called ‘Mothers under the Influence’ about mumfluencer culture. Came across it via The Guardian. Would LOVE to see the author tackle the MLM/girl boss pyramid trap too. 👀

Here, have a link why not…

Fantastic! I'll have a good read of that a bit later 😁

So good to see this whole insidious "industry" starting to get the uncovering it deserves.

Oh and look at this - is Sarah getting blanked at the school gates or people telling her they can't associate with her I wonder? All coming home to roost for Croydon's leading former bossbabe contrepreneur 😂😂😂😂

chrome_screenshot_1639510334383.png

Fantastic! I'll have a good read of that a bit later 😁

So good to see this whole insidious "industry" starting to get the uncovering it deserves.

Oh and look at this - is Sarah getting blanked at the school gates or people telling her they can't associate with her I wonder? All coming home to roost for Croydon's leading former bossbabe contrepreneur 😂😂😂😂

View attachment 925393
I still wonder what she thought would happen? 😵🤨😫😳

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.