Sammi Maria #2 Finally single, wannabe spiritual...still painfully delusional.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree with everything you said and the exact reason why I didn’t click on it myself.

I can’t tell if the people giving this vague advice are being genuinely or purposely watering things down so that they can tick the box but add zero real value to the audience.

The internet is amazing (I didn’t grow up with it) but I do wonder if sometimes it does more harm than good sometimes. (Well, there’s no wondering about it, we all the internet causes plenty of harm for many many reasons.)

But as you say, in this case does it stopping some people from digging any deeper and getting help they need? And that probably goes for SM too. There’s a difference between talking and talking with a professional. If shooting the breeze with a mate made a proper difference for everyone then most of us would be “ok” wouldn’t we?
Thank you for such a thoughtful reply, I was really worried it would be taken the wrong way.
And agree, there's so much about 'speak to your mates' 'set boundaries' 'self-care' which are all good valuable things when you're feeling a bit low but actual anxiety and depression needs medical attention.
Also those things seem to turn into
'Speak to your mates' = disregard the fact that caring fatigue is real and expect them to put up with all sorts of tit
'Set boundaries' = never do anything you dont want to even if they are life essentials and you're just making it easier for yourself to neber push to get professional help and get better
'Self-care' = spend loads of money on tit but not access medical support
Way too often :( people are being let down by the social media narrative

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Thank you for such a thoughtful reply, I was really worried it would be taken the wrong way.
And agree, there's so much about 'speak to your mates' 'set boundaries' 'self-care' which are all good valuable things when you're feeling a bit low but actual anxiety and depression needs medical attention.
Also those things seem to turn into
'Speak to your mates' = disregard the fact that caring fatigue is real and expect them to put up with all sorts of tit
'Set boundaries' = never do anything you dont want to even if they are life essentials and you're just making it easier for yourself to neber push to get professional help and get better
'Self-care' = spend loads of money on tit but not access medical support
Way too often :( people are being let down by the social media narrative
Agree again! The narrative of “we all have bad days” doesn’t help everyone. Yes, we do all have bad days and this isn’t a competition, but some people are not just having a bad day. Sometimes professional help is needed.

Attitude towards mental health is great these days, better than when I was growing up at least. But it’s interesting how mental health has also been effected by the need for instant gratification. WikiHow is a great tool but not for every single thing. Not all things have a simple 3 step programme. Accessibility to information isn’t always enough - a chainsaw and google won’t turn me into an amazing tree surgeon. Yeah maybe I could hack down a tree but probably squash your house at the same time.

To bring it back to Sammi and influencers. I think they’re in a difficult position. Whatever they say will be taken as advice by some people, even when they clearly state that they are just talking about their own experiences and that they are not professionals. But to remain silent doesn’t seem right either. I wonder when/if we will reach a better balance one day.

Reactions: 9
These replies are so refreshing and I agree with all prev. Mental health being reduced to hashtags and soundbites by influencers/celebs is more harmful than helpful I think. Awareness is great and has def improved but you wouldn't be promoting "its ok not to be ok" about cystic fibrosis, or copd or Parkinson's and true anxiety and depression is as much a medical diagnosis as any physical condition. I feel it also gives the subconscious impression that its something we really do have control over (just practice self care, do some skincare, say no to going out etc) when people need real medical and psychological support.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Sam has a history of impersonating other people's personality. She does not have her own so she borrows from others. I wonder what woman Sam is impersonating now. All she posts is astrology and tries to be all edgy. She's now posting ad's for a vibrator. Now there is nothing wrong with having a vibrator but everything she does just seems fake to me.
Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 5.26.55 PM.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Sammi tweeted about Grace today. I’ve read views about her posting/not posting and am not sure how I feel. I know it doesn’t matter what I think but we are in a forum so....

Sammi tweeted about Grace today. I’ve read views about her posting/not posting and am not sure how I feel. I know it doesn’t matter what I think but we are in a forum so....
I agree with some of the other posts about her not needing to say anything. it's nice that she did but people can often be fake on social media (not saying she is in this case though)

Reactions: 3
She's gonna make a girl talk about sex this should be funny. Her video is gonna be her talking about sex while giggling the whole time.
Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 8.30.05 AM.png

Reactions: 6
Maybe a reach and I'm not hear to diagnose, but it's a gossip/opinion site so here I go. I have trauma and I go to thearpy for it. Certain traumas can trap you at a certain age. Sometimes I see her content on all platforms and think she has mental blocks which limit her and catch her from progressing. This isn't a judgement, I am similar in how I act.

Reactions: 11
Can she STOP with the devil/vampire ig filter omgggggggg every single day
I'm so close to unfollowing her. I'd be okay with a friend doing this (it would still be annoying), but I can't stand her doing it constantly. Like no one cares.

Reactions: 2
It's absolutely ridiculous hearing a woman in her 30s try and speak pseudo-seriously with a bleeping devil filter distorting her face. Constantly sighing and shaking my head when seeing Sammi's posts

Reactions: 9
How old is she? These are all so bad
ahahahah they are quite bad.
The thing I think that irks me the most about Sammi is she would always pair outfits together, but it's like you don't go anywhere???? I don't mean the outfits she would wear back in her hey day, but perhaps 2-3 years after that. She always thinks she's so creative but I rarely see her in any of these out there outfits out and about. Anyone can play dress up at home, but how do you carry the clothes being out with friends and actually doing things.

Reactions: 8
Having seen Sammi IRL, I think a lot of the look books she shows would not actually look good in person. She's very short, so the oversized stuff she wears would make her look bulky. She dresses like a tall woman, and in photos and videos she can control the angles in a way she can't in real life.

Also a lot of the outfits she puts together are just impractical. Who the hell wears a tiny blazer, fastened by a single button, with nothing underneath and a patterned school girl skirt without tights. In the Winter.

Reactions: 18
I like a few of the outfits but like someone has mentioned, I don’t see the practicality of anything of them. They look quite school girl like, but all have an element of majority which I find mismatched.

Reactions: 3
Her outfits are okay for a fashion standpoint (not really suited for a mom and her age to be honest - I see them more as Gen Z appropriate but trying not to judge each to their own) but they are just not relevant for her viewers - considering she has been on the internet so long and became quite irrelevant in the last few years, the only people still watching her are her original viewers who have basically grown up alongside her so she would be much more relatable if she would do adult lifestyle content, parenting and even if she wants to focus on style, at least show something decent - most of us have jobs to go to, I can't wear a blazer without anything underneath and a schoolgirl skirt. I wouldn't even wear something like that if I go out clubbing and I am only 26, not even old - but like keep it classy. As I said, don't mind them from a fashion editorial point of view but no offence to Sammi, she is not running a fashion account or fashion magazine.

Reactions: 12