Samantha Ravndahl

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"I have so much going on with work and stuff that I don't spend a lot of time being a pregnant person" is such a weird thing to say-- she makes it sound like this pregnancy is something happening to her rather than with her involved?

She's like, dissociating from the experience

Reactions: 3
There were points in that video that HAD to be a subtle poke at rawbeautykristi - specifically the stuff about birth plans, (as Sam was rightly like 'well they never go to plan anyway so') and doing loads of research before baby arrives etc (Sam saying you get yourself tighter wound by doing SO MUCH research)

But like... she kept mentioning mourning her old life and getting used to the fact that part of her life was over... i found it very telling at one point she touched on a conversation she'd had with Matt where she she says 'i was trying to explain this to Matt...'which was her trying to explain to him that as he's older he's had more 'fun' years than her pre-baby. I honestly think if they werent together she wouldnt be having kids for another 10 years if ever. I know she struggles with her mental health and has discussed that she's not hugely comfortable showing her emotions but this is something else, she just wasnt ready for a baby. Does anyone listen to the podcast? Is she hopefully a bit more relaxed on there and maybe might sound more pleased?

Oh and the bit where she talks about not stopping work on Auric. I would have zero issue with this if it wasnt for the way she said it... like she was trying to pretend it wasnt really happening or irritated that the baby would get in the way?

Im actually really sad for her, i hope this is just her communication style because how scary if not.

Reactions: 10
When I was pregnant I was absolutely terrified that baby would get here and I would massively regret it. I an not one of those people who longed to have a baby my whole life, I was worried that I would wish for my old life back and hate being a mum.

I was quite vocal about this as I am not the sort to keep things to myself and I wanted my friends and family to reassure me. I actually wish more people spoke up about these fears as it is probably more common than you realise but it is not considered acceptable to talk about.

2 years later and I adore my son more than anything else in life and I would never wish for my life without him. I’m sure Samantha will be the same.

ps. It is also fine to mourn your old life a little, you do give up being able to be selfish as a mother. It is totally worth it but it doesn’t mean you miss lay ins, nights out, summer holidays without screaming toddlers etc

Reactions: 16
When I was pregnant I was absolutely terrified that baby would get here and I would massively regret it. I an not one of those people who longed to have a baby my whole life, I was worried that I would wish for my old life back and hate being a mum.

I was quite vocal about this as I am not the sort to keep things to myself and I wanted my friends and family to reassure me. I actually wish more people spoke up about these fears as it is probably more common than you realise but it is not considered acceptable to talk about.

2 years later and I adore my son more than anything else in life and I would never wish for my life without him. I’m sure Samantha will be the same.

ps. It is also fine to mourn your old life a little, you do give up being able to be selfish as a mother. It is totally worth it but it doesn’t mean you miss lay ins, nights out, summer holidays without screaming toddlers etc
This makes total sense, and yep definitely normal to be scared and mourning your old life! And im glad she's spoken up about it as it is normal to be like oh duck what have i done. I guess its the combination of this and the way she has spoken about Matts urgency for a baby before and that she seems so focused on that particular point she has no excitement at all, maybe she was excited when they started trying and then panic took over when she got pregnant?

Reactions: 5
She seems off with this pregnancy, like if she had nothing to do with it. Some of her comments make me think what you guys have been saying, Matt wanted children straight away and she would have preferred to live her life a bit before starting that chapter, or even not have kids at all. It's quite sad to be honest.

Reactions: 1
Seeing her lack of enthusiasm is uncomfortable to watch. Did I love every second of being pregnant? No, but I was excited about my baby. Every time Samantha talks about being pregnant she mentions that her husband is sooooo old and makes it clear that she is giving him the baby he wants and the baby she was not ready to have. She kept using the word mourn in relation to how she feels. She intentionally got pregnant and is miserable about it. It must be exhausting to be around her. I wonder how their marriage will change once the baby is here. She seems to already resent her husband and the baby.

Reactions: 7
Seeing her lack of enthusiasm is uncomfortable to watch. Did I love every second of being pregnant? No, but I was excited about my baby. Every time Samantha talks about being pregnant she mentions that her husband is sooooo old and makes it clear that she is giving him the baby he wants and the baby she was not ready to have. She kept using the word mourn in relation to how she feels. She intentionally got pregnant and is miserable about it. It must be exhausting to be around her. I wonder how their marriage will change once the baby is here. She seems to already resent her husband and the baby.
I was just gonna say that she resents Matt for "making" her get pregnant and she resents the fact that she got pregnant so fast. It makes me roll my eyes when she mentions that Matt is "old". For god's sake, he's in like his mid/late 30s. That is in no way old.

Their marriage will not survive this, guaranteed.

Reactions: 5
she really doesnt wanna have this baby. her and matt should have discussed this before they got married, they are both clearly on different pages.

Reactions: 4
has she said if she's gonna make a birth story video? or if she's gonna let people know she's going into labour?

First time posting here, now that GG seems to have been ruined ha. This is a bit of a rant about a few things I've noticed with Sam. I had been a long time fan for years, from the batalash days.

I have noticed consistently for about 2/3 years it is like she has been in a mental health crisis and her mental health has consistently dwindled. To the point where she wasn't posting for months at a time and was going to therapy and on meds etc. Then the next thing she is pregnant. Every video I've watched her in talking about the pregnancy, she talks about it like it is so abnormal. I honestly get the vibe that she didn't even want a baby and it was her husband pushing for one. Then the covid influencer baby boom aswell. I get huge immature vibes off Sam now and like she just isn't ready for kids.

Another thing that has annoyed me for a while about her is I think she likes to morph into who she hangs around with. Since Alyssa has been living with them, it's like she has morphed into her. They do the same facial expressions, wear the same clothes, Sam now wears the makeup style she wears and posts photos that are the exact same pose/pout etc Alyssa does. Then when they do the Approachable podcast, the two of them even act and speak the same.
When she used to do Batalash, Sam, Dominique and Angela used to wear a lot of the same makeup and in their videos would act similar etc. Then Sam even did a few videos where she spoke about her friend Shae the photographer and the natural makeup, cue...copying her makeup and looks. Then Jamie Paige....she's done videos copying her too.
Then the Alyssa copying has been going on for much longer probably because they live together. Their mannerisms are identical. The makeup look she now does looks like Alyssa's....greasy with big fake lips.

It's like Sam has no true sense of self or identity and just morphs into whoever she is spending time with.

Screenshot_20210524-185008_Instagram.jpg

Sam and Alyssa's eyebrows and resting witch faces are identical. Then there is the twinning photo.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Why does her friend live with them? That's kinda weird, I thought she was her sister or something.

Reactions: 7
Been a long time fan of Sam and can wholeheartedly say that’s shes my favourite youtuber. She has said several times she’s always wanted to be a mother and have a family, she even mentioned at one point she wanted 3 kids and Matt wanted 2, granted I think that this was before her mental health worsened. It’s sad to hear the negative side of pregnancy, the lack of connection etc, I’m only 21 and single so still have a way to go before I worry about this 😅 but I do hope that once the baby is here things work out and she takes to motherhood well. She’s never been one to be overly emotional on camera or online, but time will tell and hopefully it’s for the better!

Reactions: 6
LOL. She sounds thrilled. I'm surprised she didn't take the opportunity to list all of the things she can no longer do. I'm sure once she's recovered she'll make 1308937498475 videos complaining about how having her offspring has negatively impacted her mental health and social life.

Anyone else see her husbands comment in the Reddit thread about her giving birth? Sounds awkward and like Sam wrote it for him…

Also, she definitely gives off the super awkward/edgy~*~ vibe like those kids who put their moms name in their phone as “birth giver” does that even make sense?? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6