Samantha Maria/BeautyCrush - New Year, New Hair, Same BS

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
hi i’m new on this thread!! i haven’t watched sammi since she got w jason because i couldn’t stand him, i know they’re divorced now but do we know what happened with him?
They only separated in the summer, the divorce will take time, maybe years to finalise. I think jason had to get a job, and sammi has to help him or will have to as she has always beem the main breadwinner, and he the stay at home husband. They have the shared business so he will benefit from that. Sammi has to work, she might wany to take time off but can't

Her content is terrible, she needs to channel more Estee with the jewellery, crystals, tarot cards and star signs. Gleam seem to ignore her completely, she could do with friendly support and guidance

Reactions: 4
Idk who needs to tell her this but she won’t be tiktok famous. Ever.
It’s embarrassing she’s a grown woman with a kid, you’re not relatable to the tiktok crowd.

You had your easy freeloading time with your YT channel which you got INCREDIBLY lucky with but it’s time to actually do something meaningful with your life.

hang it up sis:rolleyes:

Reactions: 17
It's even in her YouTube videos though, where there's no filters.

Her face looked blocky two weeks ago:

But was more normal in yesterday's video:

Fillers settle and fluctuate so it's not surprising that some people don't realise how her looks change.
Money for fillers that have an ugly effect but not to see a top dermatologist who can her her with her skin that she struggles with 365 days a year...

On a side note if I were Jason I'd be mortified with the mother of my child doing all this teeny bopper/ig and tik tok badgal stunting. She's a mum forgodsake. Can totally see her being the embarrassing wannabe in mother withering in old age with no man wanting to go near her and all fillered up when Indie becomes a teenager

She needs to stop with this insta bad gal effort, we all know how withering insecure she is, why put up this front.

Tik tok is great at making people with the personality of a shoe look like they have a personality

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I was so happy when she split with Jason as he sucked the life out of her. But damn, she’s still as boring and clueless as before.

Reactions: 16
I was so happy when she split with Jason as he sucked the life out of her. But damn, she’s still as boring and clueless as before.
Makes me wonder if Jason was (the only thing) sucking the life our of her. Sometimes we do that ourselves. We put ourselves in situations where we are not helping ourselves. In my personal experience, I used to sulk and throw myself pity parties, felt like my partner was not sympathetic to my own struggles and felt annoyed and disconnected from him. Then I realized that I HAVE (had) the power to make myself feel better, be better and actually communicate IN A PROPER WAY with my partner about my needs and wants. I wonder if that was the case with her. Throughout the years of being subscribed to Sammi, I've noticed a number of things that simply "don't work out" for her: friendships, businesses, romantic relationships, etc. I wonder if she unconsciously is sabother herself.

Reactions: 6
I’m in no way a fan of Jason but I really have gone off Sammi since they split. She just seems to have regressed...but I never found her annoying before Jason! She comes across now as a really vapid, shallow person which is ironic considering she is trying to seem more “spiritual”

Reactions: 14
Had a look at her profiles on socialblade and she is in quite rapid decline. I feel like she either needs a big break or just to leave completely and live her life with her kid.

She's an insecure woman and needs approval. But the internet is not a place to nurse those wounds.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She could do well talking about navigating life with a child post separation and getting divorced, chatty YouTube vlogs. That is where her audience are and that would pay the bills while ahe qorked on a side business - could be the jewellery? But tiktok hmmmm. She could go there as there is space for everyone but not as she is currently imo.

Reactions: 9
She could do well talking about navigating life with a child post separation and getting divorced, chatty YouTube vlogs. That is where her audience are and that would pay the bills while ahe qorked on a side business - could be the jewellery? But tiktok hmmmm. She could go there as there is space for everyone but not as she is currently imo.
I agree. I think a lot of her audience are a similar age as her and have grown with her. I can’t see that she’s picking up a new audience to be honest. But that’s okay. But like you said she should focus on that. Okay, so I’ve not been married or had a child, but I’m still a woman in my late 20s navigating life, and I think more videos about the realities of life would be great. I think in our late 20s/early 30s, we’ve all experienced certain things, whether it be moving out, job troubles, losing old friends, break ups. Sam clearly has too so it would be nice to see her videos reflect that. Fair enough if she isn’t ready to really go into the divorce and things though, that’s probably still a bit raw

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She's stuck in arrested development and I think her viewers see that too. She's probably always going to have people gushing over everything she does, but that pool of people is going to dwindle as they outgrow her.

Part of the issue might be lockdown, she's already quite an isolated person but this is the first time she's ever been independent and it happens to be at a time she can't go anywhere or see anyone.

Reactions: 17
Finally watched a couple of her recent videos. She's trying so hard to seem unbothered that it's almost manic.

Vulnerability is not weakness. The future she envisaged with her life partner has been lost. It's normal to feel lost and disillusioned for a while.

I wish she'd acknowledge and honour her authentic feelings. You don't have to have to perform a faux-deep 'spiritual awakening' because social media tells you that's what happens next.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
If she posted a video about going to therapy, being vulnerable, crying about whatever frustrates her, showing her routine as a divorceé, how is she trying to be in touch with her inner self, her spirituality and her black heritage, how she does her braids (like she said she would many times), or what she does to cheer herself up during bad days, going back to the dating game, realizing that's she's bisexual, the actual behind de scenes of the making of her jewelry collection... I would watch that tit and subscribe again!

Reactions: 16
I’d really like to see a video about running her own business. And what’s she’s doing differently to Novem and Knight

Reactions: 3
I’d really like to see a video about running her own business. And what’s she’s doing differently to Novem and Knight
Delegating the entire thing from A to Z lol -- that's what she's doing differently. Her "brand", Sammi Maria Jewelry, is handled entirely by the German jewelry company Stilnest (https://en.stilnest.com/). They make the jewelry + ship everything + do the customer service for her all the way from Germany. The whole thing is really just a disguised long-term collaboration. You can even buy her products on their own website, along with a bunch of other influencers they do the same thing with. Then the company Studio Tissé (https://studiotisse.com/) do all the social media, content creation, brand visuals for her, like they also do for Niomi Smart's skincare brand. Sammi doesn't have to do tit except 'model' for the pictures and decide which city they're going to name the next collection after. She'll never make a video about running a business because she is not in fact running a business. She doesn’t even have a registered company for it—that’s because it’s not an actual business it’s just a collab. She gets a check from Stilnest for whatever she sells and that’s it. Not a real business.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
And I think this is the issue, there is so much more she could speak about that would be interesting and real
I agree. I think a lot of her audience are a similar age as her and have grown with her. I can’t see that she’s picking up a new audience to be honest. But that’s okay. But like you said she should focus on that. Okay, so I’ve not been married or had a child, but I’m still a woman in my late 20s navigating life, and I think more videos about the realities of life would be great. I think in our late 20s/early 30s, we’ve all experienced certain things, whether it be moving out, job troubles, losing old friends, break ups. Sam clearly has too so it would be nice to see her videos reflect that. Fair enough if she isn’t ready to really go into the divorce and things though, that’s probably still a bit raw
i think that’s the problem, most of us have watched Sammi for quite a few years (she was one of the first people I watched and subscribed too) but this Sammi we are seeing now is the first time I’ve had to unsubscribe in all these years because of how she is coming across and I’m sure I can’t be the only one!
It’s definitely natural for people to grow and change as they navigate life and be into different things or change their views on things etc but with Sammi, at this point it feels kind of embarrassing whenever she posts stuff
If she posted a video about going to therapy, being vulnerable, crying about whatever frustrates her, showing her routine as a divorceé, how is she trying to be in touch with her inner self, her spirituality and her black heritage, how she does her braids (like she said she would many times), or what she does to cheer herself up during bad days, going back to the dating game, realizing that's she's bisexual, the actual behind de scenes of the making of her jewelry collection... I would watch that tit and subscribe again!
With the braids thing, so many people kept asking her to post a video about how she does them...she could have done that as a tiktok if she just has to use that app but nope never happened.
She was creative with her content from early and even made her cooking videos interesting back in the day but now there is nothing she puts out that I would waste my time on

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Delegating the entire thing from A to Z lol -- that's what she's doing differently. Her "brand", Sammi Maria Jewelry, is handled entirely by the German jewelry company Stilnest (https://en.stilnest.com/). They make the jewelry + ship everything + do the customer service for her all the way from Germany. The whole thing is really just a disguised long-term collaboration. You can even buy her products on their own website, along with a bunch of other influencers they do the same thing with. Then the company Studio Tissé (https://studiotisse.com/) do all the social media, content creation, brand visuals for her, like they also do for Niomi Smart's skincare brand. Sammi doesn't have to do tit except 'model' for the pictures and decide which city they're going to name the next collection after. She'll never make a video about running a business because she is not in fact running a business. She doesn’t even have a registered company for it—that’s because it’s not an actual business it’s just a collab. She gets a check from Stilnest for whatever she sells and that’s it. Not a real business.
I feel so deceived. Wow.

Reactions: 12
I have a feeling she doesn't show how to do her braids because she is insecure about showing how inexperienced she is with natural styles.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Finally watched a couple of her recent videos. She's trying so hard to seem unbothered that it's almost manic.

Vulnerability is not weakness. The future she envisaged with her life partner has been lost. It's normal to feel lost and disillusioned for a while.

I wish she'd acknowledge and honour her authentic feelings. You don't have to have to perform a faux-deep 'spiritual awakening' because social media tells you that's what happens next.
It would be very real and raw for the internet but so much more honest than what she's trying to portray. I think I said this in her update video where she spoke about the divorce, she mentioned it off the cuff as if she was talking about getting a new phone or something.

I get it's hard to be vulnerable on the internet but most people are on her side/would be kind and sympathetic and it's much better than her pretending she's blossomed into this wise woman when clearly she doesn't know herself.

I have a feeling she doesn't show how to do her braids because she is insecure about showing how inexperienced she is with natural styles.
The beauty of that is most people who are natural today either were or still are learning how to navigate it. I've been braiding my own hair since my early 20s, didn't wear extensions for years and now it's like I've reverted. She's still on her journey. It's okay to make mistakes and again, would be far more interesting than what we're seeing her do.

I've never thought of Sammi as a perfectionist or someone who wants to come across as perfect but maybe she is... I mean, it's hard not to want to seem perfect in this social media age but it's so clear she isn't - just like the rest of us.

Reactions: 5
It would be very real and raw for the internet but so much more honest than what she's trying to portray. I think I said this in her update video where she spoke about the divorce, she mentioned it off the cuff as if she was talking about getting a new phone or something.

I get it's hard to be vulnerable on the internet but most people are on her side/would be kind and sympathetic and it's much better than her pretending she's blossomed into this wise woman when clearly she doesn't know herself.

The beauty of that is most people who are natural today either were or still are learning how to navigate it. I've been braiding my own hair since my early 20s, didn't wear extensions for years and now it's like I've reverted. She's still on her journey. It's okay to make mistakes and again, would be far more interesting than what we're seeing her do.

I've never thought of Sammi as a perfectionist or someone who wants to come across as perfect but maybe she is... I mean, it's hard not to want to seem perfect in this social media age but it's so clear she isn't - just like the rest of us.
She wants to live in a Pinterest board. But we all know that’s not reality. That’s not reality for anyone.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.