Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Lmao are people expecting Sam to become a freedom fighter or something? She is a visibly mixed race woman who grew up with predominately white people and no stable black family influences in her life. She grew up hating the hair that grows out of her head and only really identifying with white people and white culture, despite the fact that being visibly non white in the UK means you will forever be somewhat ostracised and will never fully fit in with white people. This is partially and potentially even the main cause of her very low self esteem and emotional and mental issues she's dealt with most of her life. Sam very clearly lived in a bubble, as most people with childhood trauma and emotional neglect tend to do and just went through life struggling but unable to identify the causes of her issues. She herself has admitted she was very ignorant about a lot of things with race, ethnicity, and her own identity. This year she had the major shake up of the breakdown of her marriage, a global pandemic and a movement about black racial justice that took the world by storm. The fact that all of these things have allowed her to explore her identity, grapple with her issues and to try and make sense of them is .... fine? In what universe could that constitute as virtue signalling? She isn't suddenly writing a book about Black Lives Matter or launching a T-Shirt line? I can't imagine how her posting about injustices on her ig stories is bad or 'armchair activism'. Spreading awareness to her 1000's of followers, some who (like herself not too long ago) might have been totally unaware of a lot of this stuff.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

Ebazza

This isn’t about Sam specifically but not sure where else to post it. So, Sammi’s sister’s partner has followed me on Instagram for a good while now, I think since they started going out pretty much. Not sure how he found my account, maybe I commented on Danni or Sam’s Instagram posts all that time ago.

Anyway, he‘s always liked and commented on my photos here and there, but yesterday he went through some of my selfies from over the last year 😂 he’s also creeped into my DMs a couple times which I’ve ignored. He seems like such a sleaze.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 54

palmer

Chatty Member
New to this thread purely because I can't believe she has a thread.
Obviously I'm going to catch up an read but I don't see a problem with her and I've been watching her yt for so long but then I cut yt off, and recently found out she broke up.
I love her new found confidence to be HERSELF you can see completely how much happier she is. Even watching I was like who is this person!?
My two pence worth anyway, I'm a fan 🙌
  1. She has abandoned 2 dogs. First, she gave up her dog Riley after Indie was born. Clearly couldn't handle 2 dogs + a human baby. Made some excuse about how the two dogs (who had been living together just fine for a while) suddenly became aggressive and couldn't cohabit together. Shortly thereafter they bought Odin from a breeder (which she went on to promote publicly) because they wanted a designer puppy with 'rare coloring'. Buying overbred dogs is completely unethical in itself, but in Sammi's case it was even worse considering they had given up Riley specifically for the reason that Franklin wasn't fit to live with other dogs. Why would it be better with Odin? As expected, she didn't bother training Odin or even walking him. Only 6 months later she gave him up and, for a while, tried to get away with not telling her audience, hoping if she ignored his absence people just wouldn't notice. She deleted all comments asking about him, but the refuge who rescued him posted pictures on Facebook so she was exposed. She basically treats her animals like she does her handbags -- she gets that initial dopamine rush from purchasing something new, but then that feeling dissipates almost instantly and they become disposable.
  2. She let her (ex)husband take advantage of her audience. Jason set up a gofundme for himself asking for £30,000 and Sammi promoted it, asked her audience to donate money to him, encouraged him to pursue this venture. Supposedly he wanted the money so he could make a documentary, but sure enough the doco's never seen the light of day. Not the first or only time she was complicit to Jason's dodgy behavior. Whenever he made offensive comments or did problematic things she would complain about people not understanding, haters, cancel culture, or whatever, and actually be very condescending to her viewers.
  3. Even just focusing solely on her 'work' and putting her private life aside (even though in her case her work life and private life are intrinsically connected so the latter is still a very relevant topic in my opinion) -- her content is vapid, empty, irregular, and repetitive. She hasn't progressed at all in all the time she's been on Youtube, in fact she's been declining for years (in terms of views, relevance, engagement, creativity -- everything). She has nothing of substance to talk about or share. It's been the same lookbooks and mental health vlogs (the whole "I'm lost", "I feel stuck on youtube", "I don't know what to do with my life" spiel on repeat) for years. She has no drive, no work ethic, no passion for what she does. She's the least eloquent person I've probably ever seen on Youtube. She can't form coherent sentences so it's pretty astounding to me that she speaks on camera for a living. She also never keeps up with any of her projects or ideas. She never sees anything through.
  4. I don't think she's a very good example for someone who has hundreds of thousands of young women following her. She clearly has major confidence issues that transpire through her social media presence. I'm not even going to go into the issues she's had dealing with her identity and race because that's a whole other topic -- so putting that aside, she's obsessed with cosmetic surgery and procedures to an unhealthy degree, and literally can't seem to be able to post a picture of herself without putting a filter on it or editing the shit out of it. She has ruined her face/body over the years to the point that she doesn't even look like herself anymore. In that respect she's posted some very questionable videos talking about the 'golden ratio' (the 'perfect' face) and some other shit, which is very problematic in my opinion.
These are the first things that come to my mind right now. I could probably go on but can't be bothered to be honest. If you're such a 'fan' I'm not sure why you are here. As glad as I am that she finally left this scumbag husband of hers, I don't really see much of a deep change in her. Everything is extremely superficial and surface-level. It honestly doesn't seem like she takes her job seriously at all or has much respect for her viewers (without whom she would be nowhere and would not have the life she does now).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

blossombloss

Chatty Member
Manipulated by the BLM movement......what does that even mean lol. The girl is half black so if she has decided she wants to embrace a side of her that she up until now ignored, she's fully within her right. BLM movement is just timely but I promise we ain't tryna force people.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

fwooper

VIP Member
I think it’s just that she doesn’t post every time she has Indie. Jason, on the other hand, appears to be one of those guys that just has to tell the world he is doing his (obligated) dad duties, which gives the impression he has her more. Which I doubt. I remember one time Sammi went on a solo trip and suddenly Jason was posting loads of stories of him looking after Indie, showing him getting up early to feed her etc. It was like someone documenting their first babysitting experience... it was very bizarre. It was so obvious that he wasn't normally part of that routine.

Reactions: 42

rather not stop

Chatty Member
Oh Sammi. I hope you find happiness now, with or without a man. Concentrate on you and that gorgeous little girl of yours.

Reactions: 41

consumerism makes u free

I don't think there's all that much to point to that indicates he's parenting Indie much even now. A few Insta stories don't convince me. Tired of commending men for doing the minimum possible. He pressured Sam to have a baby she wasn't ready for, left her and others to do 95% of the parenting - I think that's pretty undisputed - and then, lol, pressured her for a second kid. All this from a kept man who wasn't working. So no I am not convinced that in the wake of their separation that he's had some major epiphany and changed his ways.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

consumerism makes u free

Re: the asshole with cancer. Id rather save my sympathies for someone who doesn't have a history of beating women and seeing himself as the victim when publicly called out for it.

Taking this further. Ricky walked away reasonably unscathed. Sam, well... we know what happened. Walked into another abusive relationship and the rest is history. I don't like her much lately but I won't shed a tear for the guy who helped fuck her mind up and had a hand in keeping her on a shitty path of accepting abysmal treatment from her partners.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow

Blueblue123

VIP Member
I'm not a fan of Jason, but I don't think it's fair to say that he didn't take care of his kid. I remember Sammie going out and about on her vlogs and traveling for work and she saying that Indie stayed home with her dad. I always thought how sweet it was how he would build toys for her. He might be not good for Sammie, but I think he has been a present and good dad for Indie (from what they've shown us).

Actually indie was taken to Sammi's mum's house a lot when Sammi was away. And Jason would be home alone.

• Wow
  • Angry

palmer

Chatty Member
I don't understand why influencers think we want to see the 'PR packages' they receive? Do you really think we're interested in seeing 20 stories of gifts you've received? What's the point? You're not providing any review of the products, not showing us how they perform or what they look like once applied, not telling us any useful information (how much it costs, where to find), not giving any discount codes. Literally zero point for the viewers. All it does is frustrate them. It's just incredibly irritating! If the post is just to say thanks to the brands then send them an email directly. Don't do it on the platform that is meant to be a bridge between you and your followers.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
Thing is, they (chewbas) share how the met, moving into together / appartment *flat* tour, dating, holidays as a couple,omg engagement vids and irt proposals, engagement pics, hen dos, then the huge OUR WEDDING, the hunny *honey* moon, our house, furnishing our home, inseminated with his child vids! The birth story, baby pics, blah blah blah - but then when they're separated they demand privacy?!? We've seen IT ALL, but now we're told not to be nosey... ughh i need the tea!

(Sammi is not the only one who has done this, obviously.)

• Haha
Reactions: 36

reader87123

VIP Member
The other day she tweeted "we don't deserve dogs" and someone replied with "especially those who re-home them after they grow out of the puppy phase!" 👀😆

If I was Sammi, I would keep my mouth shut about dogs.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Must be shopping for her own place? ☹
Amazing to think this will be the first time in her adult life that she gets to actually live “alone” (ofcourse she has her daughter.) She went from her family home to a flat with Ricky and then basically straight into another flat with Jason. Really hope she gets to bask in and enjoy having her own space. Even a new flat/house tour, decorating vids - already lots of new content for her too.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Sarahsnightmare

Idk, I get the feeling with how quickly Dani made sure to say she's not racist something racist probably happened. I cant imagine it was easy for Sammie growing up being the only black person in a white household. I wouldn't be surprised if she called Dani out on a microagression or tried to explain why something that may not seem racist from a privileged view is actually racist and it didn't go down well.

• Heart
Reactions: 32