Samantha Maria/BeautyCrush - New Year, New Hair, Same BS

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It would be very real and raw for the internet but so much more honest than what she's trying to portray. I think I said this in her update video where she spoke about the divorce, she mentioned it off the cuff as if she was talking about getting a new phone or something.

I get it's hard to be vulnerable on the internet but most people are on her side/would be kind and sympathetic and it's much better than her pretending she's blossomed into this wise woman when clearly she doesn't know herself.

The beauty of that is most people who are natural today either were or still are learning how to navigate it. I've been braiding my own hair since my early 20s, didn't wear extensions for years and now it's like I've reverted. She's still on her journey. It's okay to make mistakes and again, would be far more interesting than what we're seeing her do.

I've never thought of Sammi as a perfectionist or someone who wants to come across as perfect but maybe she is... I mean, it's hard not to want to seem perfect in this social media age but it's so clear she isn't - just like the rest of us.
Girl, I feel you! My black mom braided my hair and didn't want to let me braid my own hair. I'm now reaching 30 and learning all by myself and it has been an enriching and healing experience. My braids are not perfect, but the whole process of putting that time into self care has been very therapeutic and just a happy moment. I wish Sammi could show us what she does know. We all can learn from each other. Maybe she knows how to do something that we don't know. But you know...

• Heart
Reactions: 10
100%, I think it would be really refreshing to see her learning this stuff and showing us. Black women aren't born with an innate knowledge of how to care for our hair, we all have different experiences and her talking about this learning in her 30s I'm sure would resonate with so many people!

Reactions: 12
Just out of curiosity but is Sammi bisexual or into women? Reason I ask because of the below and I have noticed the same thing - on her socials

Reactions: 1
Just out of curiosity but is Sammi bisexual or into women? Reason I ask because of the below and I have noticed the same thing - on her socials

Yes girl, sister has come out of the closet so many times, leaving that closet door unhinged 😆 More power to her😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Does she think she is trying to be edgy. The way she has been acting looks like she is forcing herself to be cool. She goes through phases depending on what is popular at the time. She steals other people's identities then pretends as if they were her's all along.
She is such a try hard...so forced!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
This is exactly how I feel at the moment. She’s trying to be relevant and fit all the current trends. Her house (from what I’ve seen) looks very much like she’s taken ideas from Pinterest. She just seem to be a bit lost with her own identity. Which is understandable as she’s suddenly become a single mother, but own that? Don’t just cling to trends.

Reactions: 6
Another day, another cringe TikTok. I feel like the "spiritual" Sammi is trying to show she has matured and grown as a person, but the "edgy" Sammi who goes "duck tha haterz" is like an insecure 18 year old trying desperately to be cool.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
The embarrassment from that tiktok!! I can't deal.

And no shade to anyone who's genuinely into new age religion, but I feel like it's such an easy thing to take up these days because it's so trendy.

It's probably not the spiritual awakening she believes it is.

Follow a few influencers, discover some generic information on manifestation and that's all it takes it seems. A lot of people (influencers) who follow it think they're super deep and in touch with their souls but they're just regurgitating the basics.

For me it's like when yoga was super popular.

Everyone thought all it took was to do the downward dog and they were part of the culture but how many still do yoga as more than an exercise routine now the fad has passed???

Reactions: 6
Another day, another cringe TikTok. I feel like the "spiritual" Sammi is trying to show she has matured and grown as a person, but the "edgy" Sammi who goes "duck tha haterz" is like an insecure 18 year old trying desperately to be cool.

But you can tell from her videos she’s not like this at all. Always self-checking and sounding unsure of herself, even down to pronunciation of words or brands. You’re too old for tik tok luv

Reactions: 10
I also think it's so unhelpful to say that social anxiety, imposter syndrome and panic attacks are "awkwardness that only exist in your mind". Those things are real and should be dealt with properly. Going "welp, I can't control what others think of me so duck them anyway" doesn't feel like a healthy way of dealing with deeply engrained mental health issues.

We need a new thread, any name suggestions?!

Reactions: 18
I also think it's so unhelpful to say that social anxiety, imposter syndrome and panic attacks are "awkwardness that only exist in your mind". Those things are real and should be dealt with properly. Going "welp, I can't control what others think of me so duck them anyway" doesn't feel like a healthy way of dealing with deeply engrained mental health issues.

We need a new thread, any name suggestions?!
totally agree. seeking proper therapy/treatment for a mental health condition is distinct from finding general self confidence and contentment, I think she's confusing the two.

Reactions: 7
Is she going to therapy?
The name of the new thread should be
#GOTOTHERAPYSAMMY

Reactions: 3
Sammi Maria #2 Finally single, supposedly bisexual, wannabe spiritual...but still painfully delusional

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Its to the point where it could indicate a mental disorder of some sort. Shes struggled with her identity for some time now wouldnt be surprised if it turned into some kind of permanent disorder

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.