Sali Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I think the Queen is on her list :LOL:. And Meghan Markle - she is always sucking up to her.
Lol...honestly, I had never heard of Meghan Markle. Was she a sort of C-list/grade actor? I mean, I knew there was a show called Suits, but it just seemed to be a styrofoam version of shows like boston legal/ally mcbeal etc?

I’ve made an account just to reply to this. I don’t know if any of you listen to the Griefcast podcast with Cariad Lloyd. Sali is on the latest episode and of course brings up Carey and what best friends they were

And then gets the age she died at WRONG. She says Carey died at 31, when she actually passed away at 34.

If Sali is going to attach herself someone for the attention at least do your homework first.
Yuck! That makes me sick! What a cretinous thing to do!

Last edited:
I've sent my friend a screenshot of his tweet about his book
I bet he will be baffled. The covers are slightly similar but not particularly. And erm so what? The fact her husband called your friend's book 'kitchenalia' was just verging on bitchy. It is just so strange more than anything - what an odd thing to get worked up about.

Reactions: 5
The couple that witches on social media together, stays together :rolleyes:

I cringed at Sali's appearance on Griefcast. The Sofie Hagen episode before hers was far more interesting

Reactions: 1
Nigella Lawson’s cookbook covers were given a minimalist update 8ish years ago, they all also similar in style to Salis and came out before the Pretty... books. I am yet to see Nigella witch about this on twitter.

Reactions: 5

I cringed at Sali's appearance on Griefcast. The Sofie Hagen episode before hers was far more interesting
I'm afraid I find Sali's voice almost unlistenable now - so cocksure and nasal. And she and her hus band are wierd - just

I'm afraid I find Sali almost unlistenable to now - she is cocksure and her voice is so nasal. Plus she and her husband are so odd - just big each other's things up on Twitter with lots of ❤He calls her The Wife 🤮

Reactions: 2
Heh I noted The Wife. I assume that's so ironic because they are super woke and right on (yet partially Tory).

I actually warmed more to her listening to the family trouble stuff. To be fair she has done extremely well from a rocky, rocky start. She could just package it differently and she'd more easy to admire which I would like to - she's got a great career, and a happy home, set up a charity etc .... but the humble bragging, the cleb friends, the superiority, the unreliable narrator ... makes it tricky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 13
Really well put, Dolores.

Oh thanks man. I don't want to be hating on successful women earning a buck - drop the too cool for school act and tell us about your prodedures - we will be cool.

Reactions: 4
I liked your post Dolores and agree that she worked hard from a rocky start to get where she is. Also post divorce she didn't sit about but once again worked hard for her son's.
My biggest bug bear is how she is using her Instagram to sell and blag.She tags brands only to get noticed = send me free stuff and I'll plug you. She has a multitude of #s to avoid being honest and using #AD.
Her complete about face from aging is not a sin to how shameful and lazy you must be to have frown lines while denying having a face full of fillers is also pretty shifty.
The latest and very petty *kitchenali* insult from her unheard of comedy writer ( see unemployed ) spouse shows how low she can go.
Hope ellabella' s friends book is a great success.

The latest and very petty *kitchenali* insult from her unheard of comedy writer ( see unemployed ) spouse shows how low she can go.
Hope ellabella' s friends book is a great success.
I do agree that the tweet was petty, but Dan Maier is hardly an unheard of comedy writer 🤨

I guess. Although another blogger I follow tags everything because she says she will inevitably be asked (and in fact still is despite the tagging) and it seems I've been naive enough to believe that.

The #press thing is annoying, she needs to be more honest about what's what.

First time poster on this topic. Have been following Salli for a while and just find her so defensive about everything. As previous posters say, why not just admit to what you have done and engage discussion about it. Also am I the only person fed up with people fawning over how wonderful 'influencers, bloggers, guru' (insert as appropriate) skin is when they always use a filter so of course it looks flawless along of course with the procedures they have had...

Reactions: 4
"I do agree that the tweet was petty, but Dan Maier is hardly an unheard of comedy writer 🤨"

Hi, happy to be wrong. But honestly, I have never seen or read anything by DM besides some work with Charlie Brooker ( may have got his surname wrong ) and the odd bits through Sali's sources like the pool/ soho radio. I suppose I'm comparing him to tv comedians which isn't the same. What is he famous for?

Dolores, I'm an old cynic. You can name the items without tagging but then how would the company know? To me all hashtags are for promotion purposes.

I cannot get my head around #press either.

Just by naming Estée Lauder on her grid is advertising, I imagine they’ve paid for her flight and accommodation so they are hoping for positive , public comments from her .

It’s all so murky and underhand yet she gives off such a superior know it all vibe.

Such a shame as she was decent back in the day.

How is this not sponsored, gifted , ad etc.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
"I do agree that the tweet was petty, but Dan Maier is hardly an unheard of comedy writer 🤨"

Hi, happy to be wrong. But honestly, I have never seen or read anything by DM besides some work with Charlie Brooker ( may have got his surname wrong ) and the odd bits through Sali's sources like the pool/ soho radio. I suppose I'm comparing him to tv comedians which isn't the same. What is he famous for?
He writes for Alistair McGowan, Peter Serafinowicz, Al Murray, and does a fair amount of stuff with Charlie Brooker. He’s definitely not a TV comedian, but he’s been around on the comedy scene for ages

I don’t believe most of the stuff that comes out of Salis mouth tbh, especially her family history and back story, she’s such an unreliable narrator and the story changes.
Her brothers disputed her version and asked her not to talk about their childhood or mother but she wrote an article anyway, it used to do the rounds on GTL.

I don’t believe most of the stuff that comes out of Salis mouth tbh, especially her family history and back story, she’s such an unreliable narrator and the story changes.
Her brothers disputed her version and asked her not to talk about their childhood or mother but she wrote an article anyway, it used to do the rounds on GTL.
I felt really odd listening to that podcast because I suddenly started noticing things that didn't add up. Like she said that osteosarcoma usually affects the "under 45s" and technically she's right, but all the sources suggest that it tends to affect children and the under-29s more. Sure, children are technically under-45s, but I thought it was an odd thing to say.

Also was anybody else surprised to find out she has four (?) brothers and maybe a sister too? Seemed like that's not part of the narrative she usually tells. I'd love to hear their side.

I felt really odd listening to that podcast because I suddenly started noticing things that didn't add up. Like she said that osteosarcoma usually affects the "under 45s" and technically she's right, but all the sources suggest that it tends to affect children and the under-29s more. Sure, children are technically under-45s, but I thought it was an odd thing to say.

Also was anybody else surprised to find out she has four (?) brothers and maybe a sister too? Seemed like that's not part of the narrative she usually tells. I'd love to hear their side.
I think she's been consistent in saying she grew up in an all male household when talking about an interest in beauty from an early age. I think she claimed her dad took her to the barber's to get a haircut which I find difficult to believe.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.