Sali Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Two of them are step brothers on her Mum's side I think.

I would like to hear the other side of the tale, yes.

The age she ran away is movable - sometimes 14 sometimes 15.

Reactions: 1
I've been lurking in this thread for the last week or so. Found it after googling "sali Hughes botox" because her looked odd on one of videos. I'm perhaps naive but I think it's absolutely disgusting that a woman who claims to be a feminist, whose whole schtick is that her honesty sets her apart from other beauty writers and who gets paid to recommend anti aging products (mainly to other women) has regular botox. That she has admitted it in comments and in some articles (has anyone read these?) is nowhere near transparency. "Pretty" honest, as in fairly not wholly is apposite. Botox etc may be customary in the circles she mixes in but I think a lot of her readers and fan girls would feel duped.

Reactions: 4
Abbabaddaboo, tell us more about her brothers and what they disputed, please.
She’s got brothers who disputed her version of events and so she would only share the article she wrote privately. That’s all I can remember. I
never read the article, did anyone else?

I think she's been consistent in saying she grew up in an all male household when talking about an interest in beauty from an early age. I think she claimed her dad took her to the barber's to get a haircut which I find difficult to believe.
I’m sure I’ve read she inherited her love of beauty from her Mum.

Her Mum and her Nan took pride in their appearance. Her Mum gave her her first red lippy and Chanel No5. Is what she says.

I noticed the 14/15 disparity too. So much of what she's said doesn't seem to hang together. I'm curious about her father. She always vaguely refers to him as a Labour politician which I assume means a councillor and has also claimed he was a founder of CND.

I noticed the 14/15 disparity too. So much of what she's said doesn't seem to hang together. I'm curious about her father. She always vaguely refers to him as a Labour politician which I assume means a councillor and has also claimed he was a founder of CND.
She also has a photo of him in his ‘beloved Nigeria’ and campaigning in Wales. Don’t know what the Nigeria thing is .

She’s got brothers who disputed her version of events and so she would only share the article she wrote privately. That’s all I can remember. I
never read the article, did anyone else?

I’m sure I’ve read she inherited her love of beauty from her Mum.
The group is searchable but no idea what terms you'd put in to.nsrrowit down

It was only ever shared privately I think, ppl pm-ed each other it. Is the FB group searchable as well as the forum?

She also has a photo of him in his ‘beloved Nigeria’ and campaigning in Wales. Don’t know what the Nigeria thing is .
Yes, they seem to be the only 2 pictures of him in existence or the only one's in her possession. I thought the Nigeria thing was him doing some charitable work there before settling down. She's also mentioned that he went to private school but I think as a scholarship rather than having come from a well.off family.

"He writes for Alistair McGowan, Peter Serafinowicz, Al Murray, and does a fair amount of stuff with Charlie Brooker. He’s definitely not a TV comedian, but he’s been around on the comedy scene for ages"
Ok. Thank you for replying. I've never heard of any of those people either. Anyway pleased the he isn't just the free nanny I thought he was😊
I thought she left school at nearly 16. I just can't catch a break today!😣
Can you legally leave school at 14/15? She writes extremely well despite the lack of education. Even if it's mostly smug tosh.

She's answering some Qs on instagram about press etc.

(Edited to prevent a letter before action like ).

Last edited by a moderator:
If Sali is so hot on skin care why does she need to trowl on the make up? Her shiny swollen solid forehead is not a good look with the frozen face. Wouldn't it be nicer to see a skin care blogger with such glowing healthy skin they didn't need a ton of makeup? That would impress me far more.
Retin A at night would be so much better than any oil, at any price.
As she's being so open about paying for her garish, headache inducing dress she should be as equally open about her relationship with EL.

If Sali is so hot on skin care why does she need to trowl on the make up? Her shiny swollen solid forehead is not a good look with the frozen face. Wouldn't it be nicer to see a skin care blogger with such glowing healthy skin they didn't need a ton of makeup? That would impress me far more.
Retin A at night would be so much better than any oil, at any price.
As she's being so open about paying for her garish, headache inducing dress she should be as equally open about her relationship with EL.
I have really good skin but I enjoy wearing makeup, so I do. I don’t put on makeup to “hide” my skin. It would be good to see some of these influencers go bare faced to show us how good the products are, though!

Yeah I trowel it on like a drag queen despite good skin via Sali and Caroline.

Lately SH's make up has been pretty dramatic but if you flick back through her Instagram there's some lighter stuff and a bit of bare face too.

Quote from her Instagram
Anyone in this industry will tell you that I practically never say yes to trips. I only go if I can either learn something fascinating or make something good.
FGS!

Laughing to myself reading all the posts below her recent Instagram... classic Salli - never not a bottle of ANR in the house... press trips have absolutely no obligation to post - no they don't but lets face it if you never posted about the trip you would not get asked again would you?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.