Sali Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For Sali Hughes to call herself an author, I'm utterly PERPLEXED by her exclusion of Lisa Eldridge from her book?

[I'm so glad I only purchased them through iBooks and didn't waste money on hardcopies...they were kinda dull and too self-obsessive?]

I know it's not academic writing, but it's still published, so she owes the public correct information. In her section of recommending experts etc., to exclude Lisa Eldridge's YouTube account is equivalent to excluding Plato from an introductory philosophy book or exclude Mendel from introducing the basics of genetics. What Lisa Eldridge did by uploading professional makeup videos, with information that people pay for, was truly RADICAL. She didn't stop her hectic professional life and continued to give updated, industry information/skills for FREE. She also simplified some of her own skills and adapted them so everyday women could learn and incorporate timesaving, yet effective, makeup skills into their lives. When YouTube was inundated with self-taught beauty gurus, bloggers, makeup artists , Lisa's channel was unique and iconic. For all Sali Hughes's talk of democratising beauty etc, no one started it and did it better than Lisa Eldridge and she hasn't made a huge fuss about it because she is properly professional. She's not perfect--I'm always dubious whenever anyone sells their products etc, but she has maintained her integrity when so many only pretend to.
Sali's continual ignoring of Lisa has been noted and is bizarre. Someone further upthread hinted at a personal fallout over a man. I Iove Lisa and her commitment to providing good vlogs covering almost all beauty/skincare situations. Sali maintains a very stoney edifice whenever even asked about her. I remember Sali attending a bash where all the beauty bigwigs were years ago and mentioned it on her old FB group. Someone asked if Lisa attended. 'Lisa was there' was the reply. Wierd. Plus to never have her on the In the Bathroom series despite numerous requests from viewers speaks volumes.
I always thought Sali was a bit jealous of Lisa as she (Lisa) effortlessly moves in circles Sali only dreams of - Vogue, Fashion week shows etc but really who knows.

Reactions: 5
LE is light years above SH. Hence the jealousy. LE also has a lifestyle way beyond Sali's means as she is more successful with a super rich and successful husband.

The biggest difference and possibly where Sali messed up is LE isn't loud and gobby about absolutely everything. She doesn't rant on Twitter about the colour of ballet shoes etc.

To me LE has reached the very top. SH didn't really make it as a makeup artist so spread her wings and ended up being jack of all trades, master of none.
Her books aren't original they're shallow picture books to generate cash.
Her various columns aren't stimulating or thought provoking peppered with sharp witty prose, they're all repetative woke rants.

Lastly SH has been outed for how dishonest she is regards selling on social media. LE doesn't need to sink to this level of desperation.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
In response to leaving a product out of a column. Classic Sal.

God she's a hypocrite. She always calls out people for being dicks online, then says stuff like 'It happens' to a perfectly ok comment.

Get some better SPF if you're that thin-skinned

Reactions: 3
God she's a hypocrite. She always calls out people for being dicks online, then says stuff like 'It happens' to a perfectly ok comment.

Get some better SPF if you're that thin-skinned
This is what happens when they get "famous": they are only around people who kiss their ass, so they forget what it's like to be challenged or argued with, even very politely. They literally can't handle any kind of confrontation because they live in influencer echo chambers with minions and assistants adoring them at their feet :rolleyes:

Reactions: 6
This is what happens when they get "famous": they are only around people who kiss their ass, so they forget what it's like to be challenged or argued with, even very politely. They literally can't handle any kind of confrontation because they live in influencer echo chambers with minions and assistants adoring them at their feet :rolleyes:
Esp now GTL is back up, she’s getting 24/7 fawning. All the members on IG posting photos of her new book 🤮

Reactions: 1
Lisa is effortlessly cool and at the top of her profession.

Sali hates her.

I’d love the inside dirt on this 😁

Lisa is effortlessly cool and at the top of her profession.

Sali hates her.

I’d love the inside dirt on this 😁
Me too!
Lisa is the only one I still occasionally watch, the OG queen of YouTube tutorial but manages to float above the rest.
I’m a big fan honestly.

Reactions: 4
I don't watch much of Lisa but from what I've seen she is 10,000 times classier than SH.

As someone said above, Lisa has never appeared in the In The Bathroom series even though she is so heavily requested. I would LOVE to watch that video to see how they interacted! But even if Sali did try to get her on, I wonder if she would accept? Surely she doesn't need to be on there for the publicity.

The best way to wind Sali up is to always mention Lisa in comments under her column or on Twitter. Never fails.
And @Gulster funnily enough I was wondering about her being a Makeup artist these days. A while ago she kept mentioning her 'professional kit' and how when she ran away as a teen (she actually did but doesn't like to mention it) it was to become a MUA. While all her friends were buying silly old records and clothes she saved up for a Suqqu brush - I know! Cray! And so loveably quirky. But has she now officially stopped that?
Lisa just seems such a classy modest lady. Never afraid to appear looking a bit ropey - though she obviously is stunning.
I hate to assume because two women don't get on it is down to jealousy on one side but it really seems that might be the case here. And tbf to Lisa Sali probably isn't even in her orbit.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I once saw Sali shoot someone right down for asking about being MUA with "I'm a journalist" so I'd say she's stepped away or at least outwardly wants to.

Reactions: 4
Can someone tell Sali that ring lights haven’t been cool since Hear’Say used them in 2001

Reactions: 2
I can already predict when the Queen passes she does an Instagram post and makes it all about her. "It was such a privilege, as an author, to write all about her for my bestselling book."

I honestly don't think I've ever turned off someone as much as I have Sali. I'm ashamed to say I bought her first book, always read her columns and watched her videos. Now she just grates on me.

Reactions: 12
I think it was writing for The Pool that zoned me in to how dreadful she is and now I can't zone out. Her articles were so superior - do as I do, if you don't do as I do and think you are a DUMMY.

Plus the cool- bragging she likes to get in everywhere, once you notice that there's no un-noticing it.

I think it was writing for The Pool that zoned me in to how dreadful she is and now I can't zone out. Her articles were so superior - do as I do, if you don't do as I do and think you are a DUMMY.

Plus the cool- bragging she likes to get in everywhere, once you notice that there's no un-noticing it.
I have absolutely gone off her too in such a big way after being a fan. Her absolute certainty she is right about everything. Based on what? I used to like the old FB group but had a bit of a set-too with her over of all things Britney Spears. Sali was praising Debbie Harry and saying how great she is (she had met her) and I said yes I liked her too and how funny it was that back in the day Blondie were the equivalent of Britney in that they were quite bubblegum pop. O.M.G. The rudeness from SH and the pile on by her minions including that Lauren one (who wasn't even born then so wtaf?) telling me what an idiot I was and how wrong. DH is a cool rock chick, Britney just a marketing executive puppet. Erm it was an opinion so how is it wrong? Anyway I noticed recently Sali saying how she has always loved Britney (as she is now quite retro and Sali is again being oh so ironic and cool).
Sorry for the long dull anecdote but it was such a wierd over the top reaction from her. No debate. No grey areas just 'I'm right - you're a twit'.
She also blocked someone for saying her bezzie friend Caitlin's book was pish. 'How dare someone come on MY group and slag off MY friend. It boils my piss' - was the gist of it.

Reactions: 16
The book was pish. CM is a one trick phoney.

I've noticed SH, previously of the only wears black or leopard print, is getting all sorts of colourful for her insta vids. New one up this evening in which she's quacking on about long time love first time mention squalene. Oh aye.

Oh yes, she’s loved squalene “her entire life”. Despite first mentioning it late last year. Love it. Have that. Got it.

• Haha
Oh yes, she’s loved squalene “her entire life”. Despite first mentioning it late last year. Love it. Have that. Got it.
Argh the 'Love it. Have that. Got it' is so her! Should be the name of her new collection of previously published articles or, as she likes to call it, book.

Reactions: 8
"I think it was writing for The Pool that zoned me in to how dreadful she is and now I can't zone out. Her articles were so superior - do as I do, if you don't do as I do and think you are a DUMMY.

Plus the cool- bragging she likes to get in everywhere, once you notice that there's no un-noticing it."

Love this!

She always inserts herself into everything she writes and in such a superior way. She is incapable of writing anything without including a hefty humble brag.
She wrote that although getting the guardian column was great it has also stopped her being taken seriously as a journalist in anything outside of beauty. So it's the guardian's fault not her lack of substance.

Reactions: 2
^ She's lucky a credible publication like The Guardian took her on tbh, she's full of crap. I could understand if she said that about a tabloid but even then I don't see why that should hold you back if you're good enough in your field.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.