Sali Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whatever you think of OJ, SH owned herself on that thread, and just kept going, seemingly oblivious to the fact that rather than schooling him, as she thought, she was actually ramming home his point with every tweet.
My thoughts exactly. I'm gobsmacked anyone could think she handed him his arse on a plate. Seemed more an exercise on showing off how she was a journo in the know.

Reactions: 3
My thoughts exactly. I'm gobsmacked anyone could think she handed him his arse on a plate. Seemed more an exercise on showing off how she was a journo in the know.
Calling OJ a narcissist when she spent an entire weekend increasingly personally offended on behalf of an entire industry due to his retweet. I suspect it hit a nerve given her BFF Caitlin writes for The Times.

Personally I'd find it hard to live with someone whose politics and voting preference is in large part responsible for the very poverty I set up a charity to address.

Reactions: 7
Personally I'd find it hard to live with someone whose politics and voting preference is in large part responsible for the very poverty I set up a charity to address.
Could be partly why she's so loudly (and tediously) opposed to the Corbyn project; if there's less inequality there's less need for charity and fewer opportunities for those with the means to dispense it to bask in glory.

Reactions: 2
Sali had finally admitted she has been paid for plugging Bobbie Brown. I assume for years, but rule changes mean she's obliged to admit it. All those years of plugging B&B, what a con.
She's also had a blepharoplasty if you look at pic 3 in the Bobby Brown photo no eye lids then compare to hooded eyelids on her mother's day post which she writes is an older photo.
Flogs anti aging products for a living which are so wonderful, then resorts to plastic surgery, fillers and botox on the quiet. #prettyhonest becomes her very own oxymoron.

Reactions: 5
Sali had finally admitted she has been paid for plugging Bobbie Brown. I assume for years, but rule changes mean she's obliged to admit it. All those years of plugging B&B, what a con.
She's also had a blepharoplasty if you look at pic 3 in the Bobby Brown photo no eye lids then compare to hooded eyelids on her mother's day post which she writes is an older photo.
Flogs anti aging products for a living which are so wonderful, then resorts to plastic surgery, fillers and botox on the quiet. #prettyhonest becomes her very own oxymoron.
Do you think she fabricated that story about that time she and a friend were followed into a Bobbi Brown store by a weirdo?

Reactions: 1
I think it's very convenient that after being shaken up by being followed (it has happened to me and I'd be in no state of mind to take a selfie or write about it) it just so happened that it was someone working for BB.

Not really surprised she’s linked to Bobbi Brown in some way. It features a lot in her looks and she did stuff with Hannah Martin when she was still at BB then no sign of her once she left.
Sali’s assistant also did or still does work at BB.

If Sali was actually honest she have admitted to being in a paid partnership with BB from the start. BB was in her first group of videos when she started her blog. Has done so many foundation videos for B&B both on her sites and in the guardian.
BB features more heavily than the ott make up guru CT.
Even flying to America to promote BB, several interviews, plugging B&B products incessantly.
Definately not all done without cash incentives. She earns her living pushing products, fine. For too long she has refused to #AD.
I dislike all influencers who use #presssample as it's blatantly them arrogantly assuming their followers are too stupid to realise it's a bloody #AD.
They are not reporters, its not a press sample. It's all just so fake and deceptive that they think they've found a get out card.

I didn't see that story so I wouldn't know. All I know is she is a fake grabby influencer with a massive ego and can't sneeze without putting it online for likes.
Now using her son's too. What that about do they need new trainers or does she want them to be used as models?
She wears and plugs the vampires wife dresses. As a Nick Cave fan I know their son is a model. Is that her trying to get in there? ( cynical is my middle name regards influencers as nothing is done without £ sign in their eyes )
My son's would kill me if I put their I images online. They loath Instagram.

Sorry if people don't know but Suzy Cave is the vampires wife, model turned designer, married to Nick Cave. Used to live in Brighton.
Friends with Kylie who they got to wear her dresses on the red carpet. Nick being Australian. See how it all clicks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I so wanted to like Sali but found that I never could. First there were her regular forays onto Mumsnet to berate people for criticising her and her Twitterati mates. She always came across as exceptionally snippy and with barely concealed contempt for ordinary, non-famous, non-media types simmering under the surface. Then came The Pool, which I also really wanted to like, but invariably found myself hating Sali’s articles whether they were about beauty or not (although I got the impression The Pool let her write about whatever she wanted, and she didn’t want to write about beauty).

The final nail in the coffin was Twitter. Just ugh. Sali and her “who needs texting when we can have public conversations on Twitter” mates are just loathsome. I wonder which one is the queen bee? There’s always one. Lauren, Caitlyn, India or Sali?

I used to be such a fan of Lauren Laverne right back to her Kenickie days in the 90s. Well, several weeks of her and Caitlyn Moran (another person I wanted to like but actually can’t stand) clogging up my Twitter feed with their inane banter killed that stone dead.

Reactions: 13
You are so right about her eyes. I am actually shocked at the difference and how she swears blind against having had anything done. L
Screenshot_2019-04-04-14-50-31.jpg
ook at this pic from a few years ago.

^ She almost always looks like she's squinting to me- too vain to wear glasses? Maybe she's like me and has very sensitive eyes and finds contact lenses difficult. Anyway, I digress. I had to smile at the Kenickie mention, ahh those were the days: I miss the indie 90s😁. I also agree with the comment about wanting to like certain 'cool/edgy' women but just find them damn irritating instead. I know she's not really in that category but I hope I never feel that way about Lucy Mangan, I think she's great lol

Lauren, Caitlyn, India or Sali?

I used to be such a fan of Lauren Laverne right back to her Kenickie days in the 90s. Well, several weeks of her and Caitlyn Moran (another person I wanted to like but actually can’t stand) clogging up my Twitter feed with their inane banter killed that stone dead
Oh god, I know this is a Sali Hughes thread but I cannot stand any of those mentioned and it’s all because of Twitter! I used to like them before that. Grace Dent used to be another but she seems to have backed off from the Twitter gang over the last few years.

I actually bought Caitlyn Moran’s book. I genuinely thought it was going to be an engaging take on modern feminism, but instead it came across as a pseudo-autobiography, with much bragging about being a teenage intellectual prodigy and shagging rock stars. Not to mention the anecdotes about her childhood and home life that definitely weren’t completely made up for comic effect. And the SHOUTY CAPS. And the “I’m mad, me!” face she pulls in every. single. photo ever taken of her. Give me strength.

On the plus side, it put me on the path to find some proper feminism.

Anyway, that’s all very off topic. Sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I wish I could transfer the photo of her with her slave on her bb post but I don't know how. It would show just how fake she is if anyone else can or wouldn't mind.
I think the whole gang is very hard to like because they are all so false and up them selves and it seeps through everything they say and everything they do. Typical of the champagne libs vegan on week day set who aren't rich enough for the soho house set. Hence SH royal book....look at me,like me,like me I'm a royalist too.
The photo above is her squinting in the sun but no frown lines because the botox has blown them away. Looks so weird.

Ellabella, thank you! Awful photograph isn't it? Just shows once again how deceptive these beauty floggers are.
No guardian column for a few weeks while the beauty blogger has surgery to look younger ( isn't working) before returning to sell more anti aging creams. She's a joke.

Even her eyebrows are now much higher. Above the eyes is frozen and waxy below the eyes,a normal face. Prime example of what not to do.

Last edited:
I'm now obsessed with Sali Hughes eyesView attachment 10319
Wtaf does she look like? One of those 80 year old Hollywood dames. I actually can't stand her or her awful friends. India Knight is one of the worst on Twitter anyway. All sweary and self righteous. As for Caitlin. Ugh. She seems overly proud she has a hairy front botty. Well done. So pleased it has come out about Sali's shady lack of scruples over advertising. What a surprise.

Ooh my gawd her eyes are just so obvious when pointed out. How the hell is she able to credibly flog tit to the masses when she’s had such blatant work done.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.