Sali Hughes #8 The palpable absence of chill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would give real money to see the content of the 'DM' from a practising psychiatrist
It's nice that SH gives them the respect they deserve, though, referring to them as "shrinks".
bleeping idiot. Nobody says that apart from in films. She's made herself look gauche again.

What? Sorry, if this was discussed, but I don't have Sali's memory.
SH shared Liz Jones' estate agent listing on twitter and identified it as her home when she was still resident according to an earlier thread. I don't know how identifiable the property was beyond the street. Someone else may know.

Reactions: 8
It's nice that SH gives them the respect they deserve, though, referring to them as "shrinks".
bleeping idiot. Nobody says that apart from in films. She's made herself look gauche again.

SH shared Liz Jones' estate agent listing on twitter and identified it as her home when she was still resident according to an earlier thread. I don't know how identifiable the property was beyond the street. Someone else may know.
I wonder if I.K was behind this and S.H meekly followed? I.K and Liz Jones had a big fall out about ten years ago.

Oh yes that is true re Liz Jones doxxing. SH shared the tweet. I'll have to go back several threads to find it but it is there.

Reactions: 1
You'll note that the blue tickers have now retreated, mortified that she's is still on this bankrupt moral crusade weeks later despite the fact that it petered out within days. She's left with rando yeasayers and the craven assistant egging her on. Must feel great. No wonder she's a woman on the edge.

Reactions: 11
No, and neither's this. Ideal opportunity to be transparent surely?
Completely agree SHs answer there is misleading not exactly dishonest but definitely not upfront. How could anyone argue that is not a misleading answer?

I too was that women aged 44 and looking 44 and following SH advice and buying all sorts of serums and acids and moisturisers.

Women are vulnerable to believing they too can look as young as she does if they use these serums/ moisturisers. It’s wrong on two levels you shouldn’t mislead people so they feel bad about themselves and you shouldn’t suggest that the secret of your youthfulness is a product/s.

Here is a title for an article l would like to read ‘Botox is a feminist issue’ ...

• Heart
Reactions: 8
SH tweets: 'Literally no one in the outside world thinks it [the Tattle discussion] is normal'. But is anything in the world of influencers 'normal'?

I don't think it's normal, for example, for hundreds of strangers to tell a person daily (on IG) how amazing/beautiful/clever they are. Before that Friday, in the days when I didn't give beauty influencers much thought, one thing I did wonder was what it did to a person to be the recipient of so much admiration/adulation/gratitude. Pretty tough, I'd have thought, to keep a sense of perspective.

What I do think is normal though is that when questioning or dissent is closed down it finds another outlet.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
All that 'it's a personal choice' thing absolutely deflects the financial issues. You can't choose to do it if you can't afford to do it - so it's perpetuating and deepening the inequalities that already exist in society.

If you are richer, you can look younger for longer.

But you will generally end up looking like that woman from the film Brazil.

Reactions: 7
SH tweets: 'Literally no one in the outside world thinks it [the Tattle discussion] is normal'. But is anything in the world of influencers 'normal'?

I don't think it's normal, for example, for hundreds of strangers to tell a person daily (on IG) how amazing/beautiful/clever they are. Before that Friday, in the days when I didn't give beauty influencers much thought, one thing I did wonder was what it did to a person to be the recipient of so much admiration/adulation/gratitude. Pretty tough, I'd have thought, to keep a sense of perspective.

What I do think is normal though is that when questioning or dissent is closed down it finds another outlet.
Following That Friday one of SH's next IG posts was of her dog. Because of All The Drama there were loads of comments, many wishing Sylvie good morning. SH let this unusual behaviour pass uncommented upon.[/QUOTE]

All that 'it's a personal choice' thing absolutely deflects the financial issues. You can't choose to do it if you can't afford to do it - so it's perpetuating and deepening the inequalities that already exist in society.

If you are richer, you can look younger for longer.

But you will generally end up looking like that woman from the film Brazil.
Yes. Mid forties you can get away with it. Another 5 years it will be increasing obvious she's been "tweaked" and she will look increasingly odd. She needs to reinvent herself as a IK modern manners guru or bag a broadsheet column pronto otherwise it won't be pretty. Maybe QVC will have her.

Or perhaps one of her mates can employee her again. Does she still have a column in Empire does anyone know?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5

Bingo! Normal to her is mindless adoration and kowtowing to her "authority". Influencers are the ones who don't live in the real world, once they start to believe their own bullshit. They view themselves as above the fray and beyond reproach

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
No, and neither's this. Ideal opportunity to be transparent surely?
It is posts like this that are/were the real reason we all came here. And as far as I can tell SH has never addressed the legitimate concerns shown here. A woman directly tells her that her, SHs, appearance is making her feel insecure. And yet she puts it down to moisturiser and SPF. If she had been so famously open about her Botox/'tweakments', why the hell wouldn't you mention it again here? It's just mean.

Reactions: 9
To me, she looks her age (I say this completely neutrally without trying to disparage her appearance). She doesn't have lines, but she doesn't look like 5/10 years younger.
She'll give the old: A woman doesn't have to answer about what she does or doesn't do. Yes, true, but not if her job is selling ANTI-AGING products and merely hints that she does/did botox in text margins. She can write about maintenance shags, but is so reserved when discussing this!?

What is this place - the outside world? Is she referring to a Lacanian term one of her psychiatrists tried to explain?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It is posts like this that are/were the real reason we all came here. And as far as I can tell SH has never addressed the legitimate concerns shown here. A woman directly tells her that her, SHs, appearance is making her feel insecure. And yet she puts it down to moisturiser and SPF. If she had been so famously open about her Botox/'tweakments', why the hell wouldn't you mention it again here? It's just mean.
She displays an incredible inability to even entertain an opposing viewpoint. A total lack of empathy and imagination. She just doubles down

Reactions: 4
Yes. Mid forties you can get away with it. Another 5 years it will be increasing obvious she's been "tweaked" and she will look increasingly odd. She needs to reinvent herself as a IK modern manners guru or bag a broadsheet column pronto otherwise it won't be pretty. Maybe QVC will have her.

Or perhaps one of her mates can employee her again. Does she still have a column in Empire does anyone know?
SH has been on QVC already, skidmarks paying attention😛

[/https://blogs.qvcuk.com/glamour-magazine-behind-the-scenes-at-qvc/

I would give real money to see the content of the 'DM' from a practising psychiatrist
I'm pretty sure a psychiatrist would never DM anyone apart from to give out the Samaritans number. For a NHS psychiatrist to work privately one night a week the insurance cost for private practise is £11k for the year. Can't imagine a pro breaking all procedure for SH.

(I thought only Yanks called them shrinks)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
She just cannot take criticism, to the point of interpreting every comment defensively. It's uncannily similar to Trump :ROFLMAO:, right down to the blocking, threats and insults, including ableist language and slurs (skidmark, shitmouth etc). No-one here resorts to that. It's the most unsophisticated form of argument

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
There is a lot of problematic ableist language on her current twitter rant - 'Shrink', 'nuts', 'lunacy', 'disordered person', 'mad'.

• Sick
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.