Sali Hughes #8 The palpable absence of chill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The wilful and self righteous lack of awareness of her own phenomenal hypocrisy is awe inspiring.

I guess it is hurtful to have people question your professionalism, but that kind of scrutiny is a given in almost any profession, whether it's clients, HR, customers... And it probably is gutting to have the verdict be a damning one, but that risk is built into the nature of doing a job and being paid well for it. And if your output is public, shocker, the feedback will be too. (I consider it a relative luxury to have any poor feedback be hidden in a corner of the internet I'd have to seek out. I'd be told straight up if anyone felt I wasn't doing my job well.)

You could just read it, smart a bit, have a cry and a moan to nearest and dearest, pick yourself up and address the criticism and try to do your job better. But that would be too easy.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It pisses me off that SH makes out like she's some heavy-hitting journo when what she actually does - what all influencers do - is make women feel "less than" or like they're not trying hard enough or, heaven forbid, showing signs of ageing. They offer up a fix, which involves liberating oneself from large amounts of cash for problems that mostly are just an invention of a parasitic industry. It's anti-feminism. Add on top, the repeated takedowns of other women, the general rudeness to non-bluetickers, while appointing yourself as an arbiter of manners ... It's all so sordid and hypocritical and grasping. I dunno how she sleeps at night. But we are the sad ones for taking issue with it :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Sali's twitter rant is something to behold. The hypocrisy is staggering. She literally did what's she's describing, to DoP, in a sustained campaign, even after she knew it was causing DoP mental distress. Why does she not just stop reading here? These shrinks who have allegedly contacted would do well to advise that
Oh hello, Mr Pot. Please meet Miss Kettle who is, erm, also black like yourself.

Reactions: 4
This is what has really got me recently, the ‘no filter’ train selfies. And has she had some cheek filler, have she always had such chiselled cheek bones?
I would say, in my totally unbiased opinion , that there has been some cosmetic help from a superb Harley Street professional to get those bones looking so upheld.

She’s a woman on the edge...

I see she’s added in Lauren and someone else (whois followed by Sali and IK) even though they’re not in the original conversation.
Keeley (from the PTWM) thread is contacting Hughes about Tattle , anyone else notice that it is it old news?

Sali must be loving MoD being thrown under the bus.

Reactions: 1
Is MoD the 'anonymous poster being exposed against the Data Protection Act' (or whatever it was she said)?
Who is that Keeley?
Have we uncovered the mysterious Svengali who keeps manipulating the rest of us?
So many questions :unsure: .

• Haha
Keeley (from the PTWM) thread is contacting Hughes about Tattle , anyone else notice that it is it old news?

What's PTWM, please?
TIA

ETA: oh, and the only Keeley I'm interested in is Hawes, who is a proper Goddess

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 12.53.58 PM.png

She appears to be almost defending her? Or am I reading this wrong?

Reactions: 2
Slightly veering off topic but-
I started admiring SH at around the same time as my then pre teen daughter started admiring Zoella. And I realised, around the same time my daughter grew out of Zoella, that they are EXACTLY the same thing targeted at two different generations. Appealing to the ‘cool’ elements with a lifestyle that was open to you if you bought the right things. Offering a friendship group that you gained affinity to if you owned the right stuff.
I have more recently thought of Zoella as very similar to a modern age comic strip in Tammy Girl or whatever, with a pretty life and fun friends. Just made up really, but with merchandising so you too could be like that. The same as when Sali launched the forum, where we were a big clique who bought the expensive stuff because you got extra cool points.
But that was years ago and people have wised up and moved on. The bubble has bursed.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Another opportunity yesterday...(personally I don't want to age in reverse. Why should I? I am happy with my beefy drapeage 😏)
Capture.PNG

• Sad
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.