Sali Hughes #8 The palpable absence of chill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree, but all it amounts to is “talking tit about someone” which isn’t illegal 🤷‍♀️ Sali could easily pretend that Tattle doesn’t exist and get on with her life. She doesn’t need to read these threads. She doesn’t need to react when her minions contact her to tell her about the mean girls who are talking about her behind her back. And - as someone pointed out - there are plenty of influencers (like FOD) who give no shits about what people say about them on Tattle. So why is Sali going to such extreme lengths to smoke people out? It’s utterly bizarre.

Forums like Tattle are ten a penny (I’m thinking GOMI, Guru Gossiper etc) but how many subjects of THEIR threads are losing their tit and making it as personal as Sali? She really doesn’t need to do this 😬
She has always said that she doesn't want to know and if there are horrible comments she doesn't appreciate being made aware of them. Has she changed her policy on this?

Also, if a poster contacted her and asked for some freebies then surely she just had to decline? A bit cheeky but not a biggie.

Reactions: 1
It’s such a vicious circle. The more she Tweets & huffs on Insta, the more people come here, the longer & more active the threads, the higher up Google it goes.
Yesterday afternoon I was thinking I'd been spending too much time here, giving it all too much thought, really ought to log-out/cancel my membership - and then Sali's action reinvigorates the discussion and I find I'm still here...

Reactions: 9
Yesterday afternoon I was thinking I'd been spending too much time here, giving it all too much thought, really ought to log-out/cancel my membership - and then Sali's action reinvigorates the discussion and I find I'm still here...
She's the svengali behind the site.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
"No one normal can find the words"

Lol, doesn't take much for Sali to scrap those liberal inclusionist views does it? "Someone disagrees with me? They must be mentally ill or intellectually disabled in some way, which I feel fine mocking them for with my mates." Rather intellectually fickle and mean for a woman in her 40s, no? Talk about being a living parody of a fcking Guardian columnist, though. Because at the end of the day that's what she effectively is, despite her repeated claims at 'journalism'.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
This is precisely the predicament in which I find myself

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yes 'normal'. How charming.
Yes I can confirm what @GTL Old-Timer says that the facts about SH behaviour have been reported very factually and accurately. Zero % horseshit.
I'm baffled by SH at the moment. But then I am a subnormal idiot so probably very easily confused :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Also, if a poster contacted her and asked for some freebies then surely she just had to decline? A bit cheeky but not a biggie.
To be clearer I'm not suggesting it would be acceptable to ask for stuff and then claim to have been contacted out of the blue with threats or similar. I mean that I'm struggling to see how the response to a cheeky request for free stuff could be made to look like something more sinister.

Reactions: 1
Yes 'normal'. How charming.
Yes I can confirm what @GTL Old-Timer says that the facts about SH behaviour have been reported very factually and accurately. Zero % horseshit.
I'm baffled by SH at the moment. But then I am a subnormal idiot so probably very easily confused :LOL:
Must be something to do with the beefy side face

• Haha
Reactions: 2
She’s so scary. Just so scary. I think she will stop at nothing to hide all the things she’s done. She can consider me well and truly warned and frightened.

For the record I’ve only ever posted on the guardian below the line and of course the comments were deemed acceptable by the mods. There was a time when I thought the comments hadn’t got through but it was due to a lag. I’ve never tweeted her or commented on her IG (I don’t use social media).

I was a big fan for years and I googled her name one day when I started to feel funny about her. I was relieved to find I wasn’t the only one. By coincidence I also found a group of women I really like and find very clever and funny and insightful.

For any newbies reading here - I highly recommend viewing the threads pre-28th September 2019 as they can be the only things she refers to in her vid and it’s quite clearly a misrepresentation. I think it’s fair for her to be upset but if she’s going to make a statement about it then with such a big platform she has a responsibility to stick to the facts. If she isn’t able to be truthful then an important question is: why?
Please don’t be intimidated , tighten your settings and carry on commenting .

Tattle isn’t life or death, it’s an online gossip forum, nothing more.

Reactions: 7
To be clearer I'm not suggesting it would be acceptable to ask for stuff and then claim to have been contacted out of the blue with threats or similar. I mean that I'm struggling to see how the response to a cheeky request for free stuff could be made to look like something more sinister.
Exactly, who hasn't chanced their arm at some point

Reactions: 2
The person concerned was a tester for Sali back in the day - 2012. Then yesterday, seven years later and out of the blue, she receives two messages from Sali.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
I was a big fan for years and I googled her name one day when I started to feel funny about her. I was relieved to find I wasn’t the only one. By coincidence I also found a group of women I really like and find very clever and funny and insightful.
Ditto. Exactly my experience. Have liked and lurked far more than I've commented since this all began - not out of fear - just because of the fast-moving threads, full time job, and the rest. Nevertheless I feel uneasy about what is going on at the moment. In the grand scheme, however, it has made me realise what a sack load of salt should be taken when imbibing "advice" on beauty or any other damn subject that an "expert" is proffering on t'interweb...

Reactions: 14
One thing I remember from the Friday video and which is mentioned again today on Twitter is something to the effect of people here being 'stupid and clumsy' and easy to identify.

Personally, I've never made any particular attempt to hide my identity. Why should I? There's nothing I've said on this forum that I wouldn't say to SH in person. I'd give some thought to how best to phrase it to get my point across but I stand by the content.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Sali came across as quite condescending - asked why the forum member felt the need to slag her off (which this member had not done) and hoped there was still some decency “in there” as though she was an inhuman little creature. A second message followed an hour or so later in which Sali laid out this members full name, and usernames from blogging sites - in an attempt to unsettle her, I think.
Talk about stalking...

Reactions: 3
I cannot believe the victimhood tit she is still trying to pull. She fucked up, and should own it and move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
To make it clear, the person she contacted DID NOT REQUEST A FREEBIE (capital letters just in case). Sally was looking for testers for a specific product and the person offered herself to test it.

Sally, you twisted, sad, pathetic liar. You should be ashamed of of yourself. Will you ever learn? Obviously not as you clearly lack the ability to.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Yes I was GtL from quite early. Never made the move to the forum - I had a look but found it a bit clunky tbh and the free flowing conversation just dried up. I've never had any direct contact with her apart from donkey's years ago on The Guardian where I asked a question btl and she was very short. Most of the people on GtL now are just lovely as far as I can tell. I don't go there much but that is more to do with SH than anyone there.

To make it clear, the person she contacted DID NOT REQUEST A FREEBIE (capital letters just in case). She was looking for testers for a specific product and the person offered herself to test it.

Sally, you twisted, sad, pathetic liar. You should be ashamed of of yourself. Will you ever learn? Obviously not as you clearly lack the ability to.
Ah. That is slightly different. How strange :unsure:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.