Sali Hughes #8 The palpable absence of chill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Coo-ee! SH! - it's just after 5am and I just thought I'd give you a friendly 👋. Just back from my shift down the mine (or whatever laughable job it is I do that means I'm up now) and thought I'd check in.
I bet vets have early starts

Do their friends really send them messages telling them where on the internet people are criticising them? That's so weird
Agreed. With friends like these...

Reactions: 4
Not just one but four
It reminds me of the earlier days of Twitter when Sali used to round on people who had criticised her but not @ed her. They'd often say, did you search for your own name? - that's so odd. And she'd reply something along the lines of 'unfortunately my friends always dob people in'.

It's almost like... it's not true.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Do their friends really send them messages telling them where on the internet people are criticising them? That's so weird
isn't that the way of those sort of 'friends'? then they can all take offence together? We are all supposedly blindly jumping on a bandwagon, despite us all having actual experience and seeing evidence of Sali's shittery.

They are the ones sticking their necks out to defend the indefensible. I have no idea who they are, so don't know if they are just blindly sticking by their leader or they also have participated in the rank bullying, lies and drama. I would reassess my friendships though if I were them.

Reactions: 5
Not just one but four
She has four friends? Impressive!

I would guess that these friends are as imaginary as Sally's lawyer. But, if they do exist, I would question the nature of such friendship. It sounds very playground doesn't it? "Oi Rachel, Brianna was talking about you behind your back, she told Lisa and Hailey that you're a right slag. If I were you I'd punch her in the tits".

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It reminds me of the earlier days of Twitter when Sali used to round on people who had criticised her but not @ed her. They'd often say, did you search for your own name? - that's so odd. And she'd reply something along the lines of 'unfortunately my friends always dob people in'.

It's almost like... it's not true.
exactly what she did to me & my ex-GTL friends!

• Wow
  • Haha
What a time saver this forum is then! No need to search, everything in one place, don't need to bother your "friends".

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Is their nobody in her life to tell her she's being a dick? That's before you get to thinking about the thin ice she striding onto, shouting like a hysterical Avon lady.

Reactions: 8
It's fascinating in a macabre way. There are definitely countless times in my life when I've been a dick. Would I have been open to hearing it at the time? I honestly don't know.

I don't think anyone's telling her she's being a dick! Unless they're anonymously on here - a safe space to voice dick concerns.

Reactions: 3
Hi everyone! I've been here on Tattle for a while reading about some of the Slimming World Instagrams. Until THAT FRIDAY I didn't know who Sali Hughes was but when I saw her video shared on The Londoner's stories (Ro is my favourite thread on another site) I watched a bit of it and thought she might be talking about a site like Tattle. Some of the Instagram threads on here can be harsh but I decided to read Sali's from the beginning to try and find out where all the stuff in the video was coming from. I saw no vindictive and nasty trolling and instead found genuine questions, concern, gossip, stories of Sali's own horrendous bullying and countless reasons NOT to listen to any of her recommendations. I am now a big reader of the Actually Honest thread and follow this one too. If she does manage to find out who I am then I take comfort in the fact I'm still not the bully she is and if that makes me a beef-faced tit-mouth C word without an ounce of self awareness then so be it!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Is their nobody in her life to tell her she's being a dick? That's before you get to thinking about the thin ice she striding onto, shouting like a hysterical Avon lady.
I’ve been thinking that. In the past when celebs were acting like nobs SH would often say ‘where are her girls?’ I’ve been thinking that about her and it makes me a bit sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I’ve been thinking that. In the past when celebs were acting like nobs SH would often say ‘where are her girls?’ I’ve been thinking that about her and it makes me a bit sad.
Where were SH's girls Xmas '09 when she was openly mocking (and I would suggest fabricating stuff about for content/followers) an easily identifiable person on SM? A private individual, not a public figure at all. I'm not willing to say more but SH's girls really let her down then. I'm beginning to think SH's girls aren't up to much. Friends don't let friends write palpable nonsense for the Mail on Sunday magazine. Or agree to post vague SM fishing expeditions on said friend's behalf.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Hi everyone! I've been here on Tattle for a while reading about some of the Slimming World Instagrams. Until THAT FRIDAY I didn't know who Sali Hughes was but when I saw her video shared on The Londoner's stories (Ro is my favourite thread) I watched a bit of it and thought she might be talking about a site like Tattle. Some of the Instagram threads on here can be harsh but I decided to read Sali's from the beginning to try and find out where all the stuff in the video was coming from. I saw no vindictive and nasty trolling and instead found genuine questions, concern, gossip, stories of Sali's own horrendous bullying and countless reasons NOT to listen to any of her recommendations. I am now a big reader of the Actually Honest thread and follow this one too. If she does manage to find out who I am then I take comfort in the fact I'm still not the bully she is and if that makes me a beef-faced tit-mouth C word without an ounce of self awareness then so be it!
Hello! Nice to have you here. I draw comfort from anyone who came to the thread after Freaky Friday and found it was misrepresented. Makes me feel at least I’m not deluded.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She is at great pains to point out she never reads here. She did that when talking about Tattle on GtL - 'someone told me they were talking about me'.

Last edited by a moderator:
In this instance her "girls" have been joining in and egging her on!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.