Sali Hughes #7 Yes I threatened and yes I lie, but can I interest you in beauty pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s definitely always done that. I know this because I used to think it was really cool and started doing it myself.

I’ll show myself out.
Yep, she's always done it. That, and the sort of tongue-against-the-hard-palate tsk-ing thing

Totally agree on the red lipstick not suiting everyone. I know women who hated it on themselves but still persisted as they had been led to believe it suited everyone
I finally found a red that works for me. I've been trying for actual decades and I've never left the house in one. I blot it on with a finger though so it's sort of smudgy and worn-looking rather than bright and glossy (i know, how skidmarky of me). And for the piece de resistance, it's a terrible L'Oreal lippie, tested on animals most likely and with only a semi-satisfying satisfying click

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I think the next few thread titles should be a tribute to us Tattlers’ favourite (pretty) iconic Sali quotes. ‘Does your luggage have a ticket’ first then just plain ‘Word’ then onto ‘I paid’ and working up to my absolute favourite ever Sali moment ‘ARE YOU A VET?’
If I could lick this to show how much I love all of it I would.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I have just ordered DOPs book and given my Sally ones away to charity.

Put that in your make up bag and smoke it, SH.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Her last dog was an expensive breed. French bulldog - she apparently dropped £3k for Margot.
But she woke now

She reminds me of the commenter on SM who learned a fact three mins ago, and now mocks those still in the dark

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Something to do with the idea of a child being born evil. An infant behaving deliberately to upset its mother. Or something. I think some child psychologists thought it was potentially damaging/dangerous.
It was a novel - fiction- what if a child was born evil? I don’t know Lionel Shriver but I’ve read most of her novels and she’s a terrific novelist, that’s all I want from novelists- to be good at writing fiction.

Reactions: 3
Don't you need empathy for that?
She seems to have plenty for herself so maybe a thinly veiled autobiographical account of a middle class ugly duckling (by her own description) from the sticks who runs away to the big city and finally hits the big time with a hair straighteners ad?

I reckon she’d quite like being able to boss the characters around and have them do her bidding.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Oh my gosh, yes, it's gonna be a rags to (influencer) riches narrative, isn't it?

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.