Sali Hughes #7 Yes I threatened and yes I lie, but can I interest you in beauty pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's not as bad as that viral vid going around where the woman is drying her knickers with the overhead air vent thingy

It just highlights the #AD-ness, because it's so out of character
Yes. Presumably if this one does well, she will get more. I bet she will be less pleasant as they go on. She will be being paid ££££ for it, so worth gritting her teeth and being nice.

What’s the going rate for an ad like this? Any ideas how much would she be earning from it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Very true. I can’t work out how to edit so I can delete the names! Can anyone help?
In the place where "Report" is on other people's posts you might have the option to edit the comment but it goes after a while. Otherwise it can be withdrawn at your request but I don't know if you do that by reporting your own post or a different way.

It's not as bad as that viral vid going around where the woman is drying her knickers with the overhead air vent thingy
I haven’t but I’m hoping she’s not wearing them at the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I haven’t but I’m hoping she’s not wearing them at the time.
Oops, I meant to say it was on a plane. Not wearing them, but arms raised overhead for all to see

No one said a word :oops::oops:

• Wow
SH is being super-attentive and polite on the straightener #AD
Yes isn't she. Almost every comment getting a polite answer rather than 'dunno' 'Yup' or 'look in the description box. Sx'. That Babyliss thing costs £250 btw!!! I see she is going to be doing a train makeup video soon. Why?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Compare and contrast her response to the hair dye inquiry today with her previous answers. I guess she just needed an incentive to be kind

Reactions: 2
Yes isn't she. Almost every comment getting a polite answer rather than 'dunno' 'Yup' or 'look in the description box. Sx'. That Babyliss thing costs £250 btw!!! I see she is going to be doing a train makeup video soon. Why?
She couldn’t stop talking , surprising what a wodge of moolah can do🙄. Doesn't she have hair thickening extensions too ?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
What’s the going rate for an ad like this? Any ideas how much would she be earning from it?
This gives a ball park figure but is five years out if date and her profile has obviously grown since then.

Also you have to factor in that she has made train makeovers her "thing".

Attachments

Last edited:
She's just got a new manager. The majority of their clients seem to be reality TV 'stars' and Instagram 'influencers'.

Just had a look at this. What kind of name is Insanity for a management company?? And as for this “In 2016, she accepted a prestigious invitation to address The Oxford Union, arguing that beauty, feminism and substance are not mutually exclusive” her side lost the debate. Her’s was not a compelling argument - it’s worth watching. (The proposition was a dubious one to be fair)

She delivered the concluding comments (she starts speaking at 52.30):

I wondered about which mag she was Editor of too.
Loaded, I think.

I was just reading the comments from CH's Facebook group over on her thread, and they are in the same vain as Sali's used to getting. And it really is like watching the dynamics of a cult. I can somewhat wrap my head around influencers not giving a tit and peddling whatever pays, but this level of worshiping and mindless following, that would make a great paper/study for someone, is beyond me.

Reactions: 5
This article mentions being features director for The Face, then moving to be deputy editor of a BBC magazine. Somewhere in the recesses of my brain thinks Top of the Pops magazine?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.