Sali Hughes #7 Yes I threatened and yes I lie, but can I interest you in beauty pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if she could be trying her hand at a novel?
"'Pretty Disingenuous' is the latest book by Sally Hughes.
The novel describes the hard knock life of a girl from the valleys, her humble beginnings as runaway street urchin and her dizzying ascension to the high end of the make up world where she became a respected influencer adored by millions"

ETA: @PineappleQueen19 just seen your post 😅 She is nothing but predictable, isn't she? 🙂
ETA2: @melfish is on it too. Predictable till the end.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I mean it does sound like she’s very much on the breadline, so may be we should cut her some slack over her integrity and stuff...? 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Blimey! £3k on a dog?! Well I never.

Another twop twip for those with fine hair. Get ye one of these and massage your scalp with it when shampooing. It adds volume at the roots and besides, it feels nice.

Cheap as chips too. You can also get it from high street chemists for around a fiver.

Reactions: 4
“My next ‘proper’ book comes out next spring and will cover fashion, beauty, relationships, food, friendships and more.”
Yeah, I think she'll go for the India Knight territory of doing some sort of general life advice stuff. The kind of "modern manners" territory she often did in The Pool. A "How to be like me" book which Caitlin and India have got away with a few times now. I think she's probably sick and also perplexed that she doesn't have a broadsheet column.

I wonder what she considers to be a "proper" book.

The anecdote about saying she wanted to be a journalist when she was 4 doesn't seem like the kind of thing that would stick in your memory. Do any of your childhood memories feature a grown up reacted in a completely unphased way. Not the sort if thing that stays with you. But then Sali did claim in a piece for the Mail's You magazine to remember the Silver jubilee celebrations in 1977. When she would have been 2.

Edited to add screenshot and link.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6

Another twop twip for those with fine hair. Get ye one of these and massage your scalp with it when shampooing. It adds volume at the roots and besides, it feels nice.

Cheap as chips too. You can also get it from high street chemists for around a fiver.
Thanks for this, I love me a scalp massage but never thought to do it in the shower

Reactions: 1
That article links to her website which hasn’t been updated for months, and refers to her writing for the Pool. You’d think she would have asked for copy approval.

Reactions: 2

Ooh, thanks., Just bought one on eBay. Sold out from the manufacturer, and Amazon wanted $55 plus shipping

Reactions: 2
But then Sali did claim in a piece for the Mail's You magazine to remember the Silver jubilee celebrations in 1977. When she would have been 2.
I didn't share that piece previously because I actually felt sorry for her for writing for the Mail after losing her Pool gig (though she'd perhaps make the distinction that it's You magazine not the DM or it might be a book extract) and also for having written something which is such obvious nonsense that I'm astounded it was printed. I actually found it quite disturbing. Perhaps it's Sali's homage to A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think she'll go for the India Knight territory of doing some sort of general life advice stuff. The kind of "modern manners" territory she often did in The Pool. A "How to be like me" book which Caitlin and India have got away with a few times now. I think she's probably sick and also perplexed that she doesn't have a broadsheet column.

I wonder what she considers to be a "proper" book.

The anecdote about saying she wanted to be a journalist when she was 4 doesn't seem like the kind of thing that would stick in your memory. Do any of your childhood memories feature a grown up reacted in a completely unphased way. Not the sort if thing that stays with you. But then Sali did claim in a piece for the Mail's You magazine to remember the Silver jubilee celebrations in 1977. When she would have been 2.
It's actually not possible to remember that young. You can remember a memory, but only if it's constantly rekindled. You would certainly not remember a conversation at four, or anything at two ffs

It's actually not possible to remember that young. You can remember a memory, but only if it's constantly rekindled. You would certainly not remember a conversation at four, or anything at two ffs
This is why I found it so disturbing. Surely only a true psychopath would believe they could get away with such a blatant lie.
And yet it was published.
(It feels wrong likening her to a psychopath but what other explanation is there?)

Bit suprised that she'd write for the mail - in the grief podcast she got so angry at someone in the same hotel as her for ordering it. (Something along the lines of it was so unfair that her friend was dying / had passed away, and that the anonymous daily mail reader was still alive)

• Wow
Bit suprised that she'd write for the mail - in the grief podcast she got so angry at someone in the same hotel as her for ordering it. (Something along the lines of it was so unfair that her friend was dying / had passed away, and that the anonymous daily mail reader was still alive)
Bit of a sociopathic thing to say??

Reactions: 3
Her dad’s “Fine, go on then” doesn’t sound like the words of a parent encouraging his child to go out there and do great things. They sound like the words of somebody who doesn’t give a duck.

Reactions: 3
Her dad’s “Fine, go on then” doesn’t sound like the words of a parent encouraging his child to go out there and do great things. They sound like the words of somebody who doesn’t give a duck.
Considering the "memory" is obviously imagined, it's a strange choice of phrase

Listen to me, all armchair psychologist. Ugh, shut up 😝

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7

I use this. Great for itchy flaky scalps. As a blonde, I can never tell if I have dandruff or flakes until they end up on the shoulders of my jackets and coats. So embarrassing when out in public. This helps minimise that (together with an aha shampoo).

Had a look on GTL this morning. The same sycophants are still there, still with the same 'lovelies'. "Morning lovelies", "Can I pick your brain lovelies?“," Thanks lovelies"

'Lovelies' used to irritate me SO much on GTL/SHB. It just always sounded so false, and also quite ironic as the majority of the people who used it were far from 'lovely'.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.