Sali Hughes #7 Yes I threatened and yes I lie, but can I interest you in beauty pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The days when her forehead had movement :oops:, she looked nice there. Is that why she does that weird sniffing thing now - limited movement in one place has generated a habit in another

Reactions: 2
@GTL Old-Timer She should have had a stiff drink before the speech to ease the nerves, she sounds like she did in The Video. Women tend to breathe much more shallowly than men, so this kind of somewhat stressful experience only exacerbates it. For a broadcaster, she ought to do a few basic exercises. As for the content of what she was saying, I'm more inclined to interpret her examples as a means of becoming your old self rather than it bears any significance from the feminist point of view. It's really late, so I don't know if I'm making any sense. I should go to bed.

Reactions: 1
I was just reading the comments from CH's Facebook group over on her thread, and they are in the same vain as Sali's used to getting. And it really is like watching the dynamics of a cult. I can somewhat wrap my head around influencers not giving a tit and peddling whatever pays, but this level of worshiping and mindless following, that would make a great paper/study for someone, is beyond me.
Yes it is fascinating isn't it? It's a sort of prostrating in front of the great leader. People saying the most ridiculous thing in praise of them to garner approval and get the all important 'like' ticks. The 'we are so lucky Caroline even bothers to talk to us' comments are beyond belief. And the vicious turning on anyone who dares to say quite mildly 'erm but I don't agree' is scary. They would probably buy her shite if she sold it to them in a neon kit bag.

Reactions: 6
I'm expecting them to ask her to lay her hands on their heads as a blessing, like the Pope, any day now.

• Haha
Just had a look at this. What kind of name is Insanity for a management company?? And as for this “In 2016, she accepted a prestigious invitation to address The Oxford Union, arguing that beauty, feminism and substance are not mutually exclusive” her side lost the debate. Her’s was not a compelling argument - it’s worth watching. (The proposition was a dubious one to be fair)
That's not an argument, that's a bunch of anecdotes

SH is being super-attentive and polite on the straightener #AD
I suspect her new management have a word as my feeling is the majority of her content now is going to be #ads and if she's her usual rude, snippy and arrogant self not many brands will want her shilling their products.

Reactions: 5
The days when her forehead had movement :oops:, she looked nice there. Is that why she does that weird sniffing thing now - limited movement in one place has generated a habit in another
She’s definitely always done that. I know this because I used to think it was really cool and started doing it myself.

I’ll show myself out.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Hats off to her for attending the debate - she was obvs very nervous. But she didn’t actually debate, just came up with anecdotes as previous poster said.

Reactions: 3
And no a bold red lip does not suit everyone.

Sadly no. But I only now ever shampoo the roots and massage my scalp for a couple of minutes and use conditioner from mid length down. Also I never use a brush, just a wide tooth plastic cheapy comb. It takes more time (my hair is long but with a horrible tendency to get knotty) but I realised a brush, even a tangle teezer, was simply tearing hair out thus making it thin. Ooh actually contradicting myself (SH style) I use old school 2 in 1 Wash and Go as my shampoo and then any old conditioner on the ends and my hair is so thick and healthy. Maybe give it a try? I got mine for £1 in Asda. (I''ve stocked up on it now as it keeps selling out). So not too spendy. I've tried other 2 in 1s but they don't seem as good.
If my Wash and Go tip appears in a Colin I'll be livid btw 😂
Totally agree on the red lipstick not suiting everyone. I know women who hated it on themselves but still persisted as they had been led to believe it suited everyone

And on the same note, CT's Pillow Talk lipstick does not suit everyone. It was ghastly on me

Reactions: 7
Good question. I know who it was and I know that I was really surprised to find out how many mods there were in the ‘shed’ considering how little they appeared to actually do. They were pretty hot on identifying spam and fake stuff for sale but not so great at making sure posters were behaving. I believe Sali was away at the time and said she would have dealt very differently had she been aware of what happened.
Also, has anyone else felt the curse of ‘universally flattering? Whenever SH has described a product as such I can 99% guarantee it will make me look half dead. I came to think that was code for ‘looks good on all my mates’.
Well the names have been removed but now it just reads like I’m crazy :LOL:

• Haha
Just had a look at this. What kind of name is Insanity for a management company?? And as for this “In 2016, she accepted a prestigious invitation to address The Oxford Union, arguing that beauty, feminism and substance are not mutually exclusive” her side lost the debate. Her’s was not a compelling argument - it’s worth watching. (The proposition was a dubious one to be fair)

She delivered the concluding comments (she starts speaking at 52.30):

Loaded, I think.
Christ, she’s so incredibly uncomfortable

As a new thread is looming, my proposal:

Sali Hughes 8: Lipsticks clickable, recommendations fickle, find me at the Chilli Pickle

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
The best thing about her Instagram AD is her bag on the seat next to her. I hope it had a ticket.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I think the next few thread titles should be a tribute to us Tattlers’ favourite (pretty) iconic Sali quotes. ‘Does your luggage have a ticket’ first then just plain ‘Word’ then onto ‘I paid’ and working up to my absolute favourite ever Sali moment ‘ARE YOU A VET?’

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think the next few thread titles should be a tribute to us Tattlers’ favourite (pretty) iconic Sali quotes. ‘Does your luggage have a ticket’ first then just plain ‘Word’ then onto ‘I paid’ and working up to my absolute favourite ever Sali moment ‘ARE YOU A VET?’
I can't remember the exact quote but the meal one should feature too "I paid obvs" or whatever it was

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.