Sali Hughes #7 Yes I threatened and yes I lie, but can I interest you in beauty pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something about SH seems to attract these toxic personalities.
Narcissists deliberately collect this type of person. They then turn them into what is known as “flying monkeys”. Once you know what to look for they are easily spotted. Sadly not always as easily avoided.

https://link.medium.com/3o4q1V21h1

oh God, please don’t chuck me out, but that’s the only thing that works for me. I peel skin off my lips & this stuff is only thing I’ve found that actually “heals” it. BUT - I buy it on eBay!
If it works it works. I was given an Alpha H lip perfector balm, at £25 for a tiny 10ml it’s more than I would want to spend on a lip balm but my god it’s good.

Reactions: 4
I can't believe she had a flipping mole in a break off WhatsApp group! That is absurd levels of control freakery.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
How can the Guardian call that a beauty column. Its just a list of products, any one of us could do that, and better. There is no knowledge, thought, care or advice in those words and certainly no journalistic talent.

the train #Ad is a right proper cringe. Actually was a bit embarrassed for her.

She's just got a new manager. The majority of their clients seem to be reality TV 'stars' and Instagram 'influencers'.

that biog, written in the style of Donald Trump. Fourth book, just why???? I love how the previous three were ‘bestselling’. Were they? Really?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Hi! I’ve been lurking since That Friday when I came prepared to be SCANDALISED by the awful things you were all saying (?!) and have been wondering whether to join in or just watch from the sidelines. I was part of the mass exodus from SHB following the mods terrible handling of the weirdo situation and subsequent doubling-down and defending their behaviour. I decamped to a WhatsApp chat which is still going. Sali did apologise but then quite a lot of gaslighting happened which was very strange, although that happened to the extent that I can’t remember the details.
In the early days of the WhatsApp group there was a mole who reported back to Sali that we were all slagging her off (we weren’t) and made up a load of other lies about various people being mean to her then tried to get everyone to come back to SHB and ‘play nice’. I found it so nauseating I left for good. Something about SH seems to attract these toxic personalities.
I really liked her in the good old days of early GTL and met some great women through that community but I just cannot with all the drama and self-righteousness. SH is welcome to block me on twitter if she can find me (I don’t follow her, mind you and haven’t for ages).
What was the weirdo situation please?

that biog, written in the style of Donald Trump. Fourth book, just why???? I love how the previous three were ‘bestselling’. Were they? Really?
Amazon create super obscure categories so virtually anyone can call themselves a bestseller. I take a good look at the Times bestsellers list every week and I don’t recall her last one on there. But it may have snuck in the week it was published, when all the pre-orders count towards first week sales.

Influencers do all sorts to be able to claim bestseller status - I remember Lily Pebbles doing ridiculous prize draws for pre-orders - £500 spaceNK vouchers and all sorts. She snuck in at the bottom of the times list with 3,000-odd copies sold IIRC and then it disappeared.

I was wondering the exact same thing and thank you you have just saved me 20 minutes of manic googling!!
It’s the Facebook group ‘get the look’ which was (or is? I’m not on it now) a sort of spin off the old guardian column. Then moved to SHB forum and now moved back to Facebook.. have I got that right? I missed the whole move / shut down of SHB forum because I hadn’t looked at it for about three years. Was there an announcement or did it die a long slow death..?

Reactions: 1
How can the Guardian call that a beauty column. Its just a list of products, any one of us could do that, and better. There is no knowledge, thought, care or advice in those words and certainly no journalistic talent.

the train #Ad is a right proper cringe. Actually was a bit embarrassed for her.

Did she win an achiever award at that CEW thing?
And seriously In the Bathroom won three industry awards? WtF.
Out of interest what magazine did she edit?

Did she win an achiever award at that CEW thing?
And seriously In the Bathroom won three industry awards? WtF.
Out of interest what magazine did she edit?
I wondered about which mag she was Editor of too. She didn’t win anything at those awards and she made it all about honouring Terry Barber , nothing said about her gal pals .

It’s interesting that the bio goes on so much about her awards. There is a time and place for them but... most people see awards for what are, and everyone knows awards are like assholes...

Reactions: 2
But the last line of that bio explicitly says 'In 2019 she won a CEW achiever award'. But she didn't?

• Haha
I don't know what it's like in other sectors but I work in law, they love an award, but you have to apply to be considered. You might be invited to put a submission together but ultimately you are putting yourself forward.

I would also quite like to know this if possible, please.
There was a poster on SHB who popped up a couple of times under different usernames. They said they were male but were interested in make up, perfume and in particular a certain kind of bag (I think it was a Mulberry?). They often asked for advice and there was something undefinable that set off my spidey senses from the start but I let it slide. It turned out a lot of people felt the same. There was a gradual progression to creepiness and assholery and I can’t remember exactly how it came to a head but I remember calling him out on something and then exchanging DMs with someone who felt the same. And then it transpired that he had been DMing members in a VERY creepy way so he was reported and eventually banned. And I THINK it became apparent that the mods were well aware of the creepiness but hadn’t bothered to act, despite some of the creepiness involving a member’s young child. There was a bit of an outcry which was swiftly dampened and we were told we ‘weren’t allowed’ to talk about it, even though the purpose of talking about it was to make sure other people were safe and aware he had been a creep. Lots of back-pedalling then quite nasty stuff followed and eventually those who were upset were accused of tit stirring and made to feel unwelcome unless we toed the line.
Im probably leaving a lot out/forgetting detail as it was so long ago.

What was the weirdo situation please?
^^

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
In her Bio there is a long list of brands she has had commercial dealings with. The Delia affect on sales is a bit of an annoying turn of phrase - even though l have definitely contributed to that in the past.

She is the director of three companies now - Pretty Honest, The Beauty Banks and The Communication Store. - google ‘Sali Hughes Companies House’

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.