Sali Hughes #7 Yes I threatened and yes I lie, but can I interest you in beauty pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And if we don’t witness it, she records it the event to share with everyone in a fit of self-congratulation. Remember the “Does your luggage have a ticket, madam?”?
Omg the 'does your luggage have a ticket' was appalling.
For those who were blissfully unaware SH and another (assistant possibly?) a few years ago were on a train and SH voice recorded herself berating a woman who had her bag on the seat next to her. It went on several minutes with SH accusing her of depriving old people of seats. I remember the woman mildly apologising but the tirade carried on. From her voice I guess the woman was a middle class Boden person (I could be wrong here). She actually recorded herself.
The Chelsea tractor incident was about a woman on the school run blocking SH drive which caused SH to shout at her 'are you a vet?' as that is the only reason you'd have such a huge car in a town. This caused much admiration and hilarity on GtL with people repeating 'are you a vet?' in awe of SH feistiness.

• Sick
Reactions: 11
- Are you a vet?
- Why? Do you need your annual shots?

She's so brave! Telling off random women for some nuisances, I see her at the top of a building with a Bella Freud cape flapping in the wind, the soft blue light of her phone catches her red lip as she tweets "This city needs me".

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Both those things really bother me - I would be really upset to be on the receiving end.

For people with social anxiety or other mental health issues that could be really quite horrible.

Reactions: 8
Both those things really bother me - I would be really upset to be on the receiving end.

For people with social anxiety or other mental health issues that could be really quite horrible.
I know. The tape of her berating the train woman was very uncomfortable. The woman sounded quite bewildered tbh and it just went on. Fair enough to ask politely if someone could move their bag but then just let it go. As you say who knows what is going on with people and how they might respond to that public humiliation.

Reactions: 9
It's not normal behaviour. Who even does that, let alone records it? Her sense of her own importance is risible

Reactions: 12
I know. The tape of her berating the train woman was very uncomfortable. The woman sounded quite bewildered tbh and it just went on. Fair enough to ask politely if someone could move their bag but then just let it go. As you say who knows what is going on with people and how they might respond to that public humiliation.
Not a fan of people putting bags on seats but just politely ask and move on. Can't believe she recorded it

Reactions: 9
Yes! It's like a reverse-influence, isn't it? I hate-follow a bunch on IG too, and disregard product for the same reason. There are a couple of French influencers I really liked, until I sussed they were shilling undeclared stuff too, but were just better at it lol

Flu again *poorlyface*
No mention of troll PTSD though. Curious?
I’ve heard it called being ‘unfluenced’ 😉

Reactions: 6
- Are you a vet?
- Why? Do you need your annual shots?

She's so brave! Telling off random women for some nuisances, I see her at the top of a building with a Bella Freud cape flapping in the wind, the soft blue light of her phone catches her red lip as she tweets "This city needs me".
I’m laughing so much 😂 The ‘Are you a vet?’ has entered my personal lexicon (under my breath) now when I’m feeling arsey about 4x4s.

I bet Sali checked if the train woman had a blue tick before bullying her on camera? Better safe than sorry.

Bless, looks like a proper Jolly! Is it me, or CM looks permanently pissed in all photos? I bet the trip chat was riveting.

Also, while we are at it, I’d much prefer if Shaun Keaveny came back to doing the 6 Music morning slot. I don’t want LL’s fake posh accent and bouncy cheer in my mornings. I need the proper gloom and sarcasm that SK delivered with such an aplomb to the start of every day. Much truer to life.
Yes! Shaun was a staple of my family’s mornings for so long. WHY DO THINGS HAVE TO CHANGE 😭

Not to pull a Sali, but this went through my mind as well.
I am loving that we all see through her (and other influencers) tit here. It’s actually cheering.

I remember that

It probably the worst blow-dry ever because she had to pay for it
Maybe what happened is when she realised she wasn’t going to be kindly gifted her Manhattan blow dry her head spun around so fast Exorcist-style that the stylist couldn’t get near her to finish the job.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
And if we don’t witness it, she records it the event to share with everyone in a fit of self-congratulation. Remember the “Does your luggage have a ticket, madam?”?
There's definitely something rather cringey and obnoxious about that. Bags on seats is a pet peeve of mine too but as everyone says, just ask them to move the bag - job done. The vast majority will do so without fuss.

Yes they flew to Cornwall.
How ethical. Top marks for sustainability 🙄

Reactions: 4
Don't forget her flying to New York for a sustainability talk by Aveda. Oh which suddenly appeared in the column and the gram. (But when raised she justified the flight by the ITBW she got out of it)
Aveda unfluenced

Would like to see the healthcare products George monbiot uses - would mix it up a bit

Last edited:
I remember that train journey recording. At the time I was a big fan of Sali (never congratulated her on the forum about it, mind) and so I recall letting it slide, but looking back, it's mortifying. So yeah, no way she would have left a salon with such tit hair, not without banishing the staff to hell and naming and shaming to all and sundry.

Reactions: 5
Omg the 'does your luggage have a ticket' was appalling.
For those who were blissfully unaware SH and another (assistant possibly?) a few years ago were on a train and SH voice recorded herself berating a woman who had her bag on the seat next to her. It went on several minutes with SH accusing her of depriving old people of seats. I remember the woman mildly apologising but the tirade carried on. From her voice I guess the woman was a middle class Boden person (I could be wrong here). She actually recorded herself.
The Chelsea tractor incident was about a woman on the school run blocking SH drive which caused SH to shout at her 'are you a vet?' as that is the only reason you'd have such a huge car in a town. This caused much admiration and hilarity on GtL with people repeating 'are you a vet?' in awe of SH feistiness.
These two instances, to me, are the very definition of bullying. If this is just something that you do, and that’s it, then ok, you are maybe someone having a tit day. But the recording and the sharing in social media, so that it can be mocked by others, elevates it to bullying (and in turn, mobbing). Of women, in both cases. It is not social activism (whatever that is), it is not fierce (if anything it may be narcissistic) and also, I am not ready to criticize anyone by their choice of vehicle until I am ready to go everywhere by bike or on foot. Or until I figure out what to do about my tons of freaking non recyclable skincare and body care empties that make me feel worse every single day - but hey. All these women want me to buy more. More hard plastic. More more more.

But you know what? SH led me to this place a month ago today! And now I am finally posting! Hi everyone :)

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Or until I figure out what to do about my tons of freaking non recyclable skincare and body care empties that make me feel worse every single day - but hey. All these women want me to buy more. More hard plastic. More more more.
(Origins counters take all old beauty containers to be recycled - although they reward u with a plastic sample of something new)

I'm another who came here four weeks ago - and stayed. Best SH recommendation ever!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Hi @La Vida Es Un Tango welcome!

I completely agree with you that it is bullying, particularly the crowing afterwards when tempers have settled.

Most people don’t have a country car and a city car so it’s not possible to say for certain if the person driving a 4X4 has a good reason to do so. For all we know it was a specially adapted vehicle for a disability or the woman actually was vet or smallholder.

How have you found this forum? Is it what you expected after seeing the IG video?

Reactions: 6
Bags on seats, and cars parked in residents restricted parking are not OK but there are ways to handle that sort of scenario. Not sure filming is necessary really. In fact things like that are age old and were dealt with before everyone had an audience.

The Mac 'holiday' launch last night was a lot huh? A couple of people I Insta follow were there - or rather their phones were there and they accompanied them as tripods. That'said why they were invited of course but the spectacle of the extravagance and it all being experienced through the lens of phone cameras for social media is quite a snapshot of it all.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.