Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
I am also not that savvy, but I am certain that can’t be legal! I found this:

It looks v v complicated!
It seems pretty simple, but it requires a person to engage with you before you can find out their IP address. Many of us just follow her and don’t engage with her. So if she is getting IP addresses, she might be getting them from this site.

Let’s do a quick poll:

Hands up if you have been blocked, LaDs.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Okay I've listened to the recording and I think Sali was in the right here. Someone was sitting on the floor to accommodate her luggage on the seats. I still wouldn't have recorded it though

Tigerwhocametotea

It seems pretty simple, but it requires a person to engage with you before you can find out their IP address. Many of us just follow her and don’t engage with her.
Ha ha, my IT skills are v limited. There must be another way of doing it if she’s blocking people who don’t engage.

Originalnuttah

Because Xmas is upon us soon, it just popped into my head that SH shared the below very personal account of her 1st Xmas alone after separating from her first husband. Remember at the time thinking, how weird it must have felt for all involved to be reading this in a national newspaper:

Last edited:

HowardMoon

VIP Member
Palmers cocoa butter do a really massive lip balm stick (looks like a stick blush it’s so big) for about a fiver and it lasts months.

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Re The Pool, I’m a member of some media FB groups and heard rumblings the site was in trouble last summer. Sam Baker and Lauren Laverne resigned as company directors last August (rats, sinking ships comes to mind), screenshot from Companies House records attached (LL’s married name is Fisher BTW). Last October a journalist posted that she was waiting months for payment and other writers replied saying they were experiencing the same thing. So for months the site commissioned writers who the higher ups knew they couldn’t pay. Which is fraud in my eyes. The reason why so many people don’t speak out (like Robyn Wilder Heritage) is because the media is cliquey and small and you can’t run the risk of pissing potential editors off or marking yourself out as a troublemaker
It’s all shocking and not enough has been made of it. I remember when a freelancer (can’t recall who) reluctantly spoke out on twitter about non-payment and SB happily dropped newly-appointed Cate Sevilla in it, vaguely insinuating it was due to poor processes but now Cate was in position it would all get sorted. The nerve.

Poor Cate - afaik she had no idea and I can’t imagine anyone would take that job if the facts were even hinted at, let alone known.

PoleStar

Chatty Member
Am I the only woman who does wear foundation but wouldn’t dream of taking a bottle of it out with me?
No you're not! The only products I ever reapply during the day are lipliner and lipstick after I've eaten lunch. If my nose and chin look a bit shiny I just blot them with a tissue. I love my makeup but, seriously, life is too short to carry bloody foundation around. Don't get me started on those "portable" cushion things ..... bleurgh, bacteria, bacteria, bacteria. 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I'm sorry, how is Madonna not a natural beauty?! OK, I may be biased as I grew up glued to MTV and loving her videos, so I could be influenced by nostalgia when she is concerned, but how can you watch Like a Prayer, Vogue, Rain etc. and say that she isn't naturally beautiful?! Wtf?!
I loathe slut shaming, personally. I love me a slut (whatever the word means) aesthetically, sexually, just not politically.
I know, It's crazy to say she isn't. I'll have a look later to see what was said

Mselvista

VIP Member
Its possible it was part of the same thing. A woman had written a blog post making certain accusations. Sali came out saying, essentially, what a bitch. Turned out he had a massive gambling addiction and was generally an emotionally abusive arsehole according to his own blog fairly shortly after. As i say, i found it very telling that Sali immediately not only went after the woman but also somehow made it about her. Some good friends of mine were knee deep in Gtl at the time but after that I just couldnt.
From the sound of it very different things and so I think separate occasions and I assume a different friend.
What I saw was a direct conversation with a woman her friend had duped. There wasn't any general tweeting about the situation and no one else was tweeting about it. A French woman had had webcam sex with SH's friend to later find out there would be no further contact and he was settled down with a pregnant gf. Am now curious about your scenario. (I can remember which of SH's friends the one I saw was about and pretty certain not the same person. They don't seem the blogging type and nothing about gambling.)

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Regarding Madonna, this is what she said in Pretty Honest: "she is also the ultimate embodiment of a woman who was not born conventionally beautiful, but absolutely sees physical beauty as her right. She does the best with what her genes gave her, as we all should"