Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tigerwhocametotea

I remembered I have admin rights on my work’s Instagram, so have viewed the train adverts. God. I think taking on #ad represents a real move to being An Influencer, and wonder if she had to think long and hard about that?

Reactions: 1

WonderingAgain

Did anyone buy her first two books? I think I must have been in deep! I found them both disappointing and I haven't read them twice (long gone to a charity shop!)

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
There will be some mention of by terry baume de rose.

Hey up skiddies

£35 for a lip balm is bloody ridiculous, but someone somewhere will buy it!

Talking of stupidly expensive lip balms, anyone remember when By Terry's Baume de Rose was being shilled everywhere?

I got a sample once and it's lovely but the cost... no way.
Snap! More of that stuff must be given away to influencers than sold, surely.

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
If you look at early vids and articles on the Guardian, she did have a strong Sophie Ellis Bector type jawline. Now, her face seems to resemble that of Sam Chapman as her chin seems more prominent. It has made her face look a lot longer. If you go to her Amsterdam stories on IG, there’s one where she looks like a brunette SJP because of the long face.

i’m assuming the face change is due to the fillers, which she did not need.
I’m thinking fillers too and I’d bet my skidmark she had work done by the same Dr as Sam.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Not sure if I’ve seen anything about this in the previous threads, but was wondering exactly what went down a few years ago on the SHB forum - there was some creepy catfish character (quite obviously dodgy to me at the time), who was banned, but that turned into a furore about forum user safety and how it was handled by the mods, and culminated in a mass exodus including some OG members like Alkistis, and some secret breakaway FB beauty group which I imagine still exists to this day... anyone have more details?
Didn't know there was a secret breakaway group, but I know exactly who you're referring to. I knew straightaway he was dodgy as the day was long and never interacted with him, not even once. He never interacted with me either thankfully.
He gave me the absolute and utter creeps 😱

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
I'm pretty sure it isnt, and defiantly isn't for publi
Not sure it's actually legal to release the recording in public without consent from the other woman tbh...
C
I'd do that over trying to change it in the train loo!

(caveat - I haven't done that, I wouldn't choose to do that, but if I was going to be on the train for a long time then desperation might sink it.)
But with a changing mat surely?

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I think the next few thread titles should be a tribute to us Tattlers’ favourite (pretty) iconic Sali quotes. ‘Does your luggage have a ticket’ first then just plain ‘Word’ then onto ‘I paid’ and working up to my absolute favourite ever Sali moment ‘ARE YOU A VET?’
I can't remember the exact quote but the meal one should feature too "I paid obvs" or whatever it was

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
Really? She used to have very hooded eyelids

View attachment 52322

I’m not sure but there was talk of it on here on another Sali thread and I think the consensus was surgery or maybe lots of Botox over time which can lift the brow. Sali denied it though

View attachment 52324

To me, there’s a big difference if you compare these photos I chose from Google in about 2 minutes. There may be even better examples.

View attachment 52325

View attachment 52326

I just remembered that Caroline Hirons had eyelid surgery too as hers were so droopy it was affecting her eyesight so maybe she gave Sali a rec? I’ll stop banging on and on about a strangers eyelids on the internet now lol
I think the first two were taken when in bright light so she was squinting. The below pic is from her tinted moisturiser video from 2011. I really don’t think she has had surgery on her eyes.

I have listened to the train recording again, and I can understand why Sali was cross. The woman with the luggage was essentially refusing to move her luggage elsewhere until other people spoke up.

Perhaps SH was recording it to protect herself in case she was accused of threatening/aggressive behaviour. Sticking it up on the internet, however, is another matter entirely.🤨

Attachments

Last edited:

Everyoldsock

Seriously could you ever see any of SH idols ever giving a single shit about comments about themselves on Tattle? I would assume they understand it goes with the territory. I just spent a very enjoyable hour watching on YT Jimmy Kimmel's Mean Tweets where celebs read out genuine horrible tweets about themselves. Really really worth a look. Very funny. Not saying abuse is right (not that I think SH gets abuse here) but ffs get some perspective.
I can’t imagine India Mitford being happy about the thread about her on here.

• Haha

Old fart

Re The Pool, I’m a member of some media FB groups and heard rumblings the site was in trouble last summer. Sam Baker and Lauren Laverne resigned as company directors last August (rats, sinking ships comes to mind), screenshot from Companies House records attached (LL’s married name is Fisher BTW). Last October a journalist posted that she was waiting months for payment and other writers replied saying they were experiencing the same thing. So for months the site commissioned writers who the higher ups knew they couldn’t pay. Which is fraud in my eyes. The reason why so many people don’t speak out (like Robyn Wilder Heritage) is because the media is cliquey and small and you can’t run the risk of pissing potential editors off or marking yourself out as a troublemaker

Attachments

Nimblepimble

Too many
Morning Scumsters!

OK, I went to read the column and I honestly couldn't get past the first paragraph.

Yeah, you saw it first on a Superdrug shelf. Being a beauty editor. And very likely to be notified of every possible release from every brand, cheap and expensive. I think it deserves a gif, don't you think?

I can't stand the way she takes her readers from granted. She really thinks people are stupid, doesn't she?
So many commas,,,,

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
I remember that, he was awful straight away but some people indulged him anyway.

I think Alkistis left after various run-ins with Sali (?)
I don’t remember that but I wasn’t too active on there. I do remember Sali being an absolute cow to Alkistis, probably because she was pretty knowledgeable, especially about SPFs if I recall.