Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

RayRayJay

Managed about half way through the foundation video. She says that the £105 one has a magical texture like a lot of Japanese brands do.

Have I remembered correctly here? Was she dismissive of Asian skincare because it was faddy (or something along those lines) or was it just Korean stuff she had a problem with? Can't remember where she said it to check. Just wondering if it's one rule for skincare and another for make up.

Happy to be corrected.

Reactions: 1

SequinnedElephant

Out of a sort of morbid curiosity I started watching In the Bathroom with Zanna Rassi wotsit. Sali’s furiously pinched face! She doesn’t even try to conceal her contempt! And what was with her outfit? Surely the frumpiest she’s ever worn?

Last edited:

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Not only pro Brexit but extremely right wing generally. Very anti-immigrant (ironic as she is one but she's rich, white and a native English speaker so probably think she's 'the right kind of immigrant.') Saw her on the BBC recently referring to remainers as 'emotionally odd. '
I worked with somebody who knew her through academia and they said she was not a nice person at all.

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
I posted this photo earlier in the thread to illustrate what a great jawline Sali has but I didn’t notice the immaculate forehead of both her and Mary Greenwell.

So shiny , perky and .....line free.

#shedidntwritenofilter
Mary Greenwell has openly stated that she goes to 111 Harley Street for tweaks.

35CA9549-2567-4581-B5F2-7715B808807E.png

Handmaid

What’s the going rate for an ad like this? Any ideas how much would she be earning from it?

Last edited:

PoleStar

Chatty Member
I thought it odd too, as she actually mentions someone else who received an award. Anyway what do these awards even mean?? The fact that CT had a lifetime achievement award says it all. Christ the woman is brilliant at marketing but her products are not really that much different to anyone elses
Oh they are different, randomly good and randomly crap. Don't know of any other brand that produces such hit and miss products.

BostonFernGreen

Chatty Member
I loved the Katy Jane Hughes look on Sali! The pinky one. It was so fresh and different and striking. But not crazy out there. I’d love to have her do my make up!

Mselvista

VIP Member
Very true. I can’t work out how to edit so I can delete the names! Can anyone help?
In the place where "Report" is on other people's posts you might have the option to edit the comment but it goes after a while. Otherwise it can be withdrawn at your request but I don't know if you do that by reporting your own post or a different way.

Mselvista

VIP Member
What’s the going rate for an ad like this? Any ideas how much would she be earning from it?
This gives a ball park figure but is five years out if date and her profile has obviously grown since then.

Also you have to factor in that she has made train makeovers her "thing".

Attachments

Last edited:

Tigerwhocametotea

I wonder how many people she’s blocked in total? You’d think she’d want to keep as many followers as poss. That’s the priority on IG for slebs surely?
She has so many she doesn’t GAF, surely? And risky to have people who might not be nice. Which is bonkers in my case, as I can remember commenting once on a perfume post, and otherwise only liked photos of her dog.

As balance, she has a piece in the new Red magazine, about her Christmas Day, and I really enjoyed reading it.

Cakeface

Not sure if I’ve seen anything about this in the previous threads, but was wondering exactly what went down a few years ago on the SHB forum - there was some creepy catfish character (quite obviously dodgy to me at the time), who was banned, but that turned into a furore about forum user safety and how it was handled by the mods, and culminated in a mass exodus including some OG members like Alkistis, and some secret breakaway FB beauty group which I imagine still exists to this day... anyone have more details?

RayRayJay

I once saw someone changing their kids nappy on the seat - with nothing between baby's bum and seat! I didn't know what to say
I'd do that over trying to change it in the train loo!

(caveat - I haven't done that, I wouldn't choose to do that, but if I was going to be on the train for a long time then desperation might sink it.)

PoleStar

Chatty Member
Can I ask a really silly question, what is GTL? I've tried Googling it, but the stuff that comes in the search results is clearly not what I'm looking for! Some stuff about correctional facilities (!?!🤣) and some software related stuff.