Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

melfish

VIP Member
Does it also match an IP address across platforms. So, for example, you could link an individual to their various SM accounts, online user names etc? If so, it's extremely creepy and paranoid

Reactions: 1

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
Being liked is not the cool girl ethos.

To clarify - we shouldn't make it a priority (or be bothered at all, to be frank) and this is a whole issue women commonly encounter, but this was more in the vain of what @Handmaid wrote above.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
It's weird that people fetishise influencers. I can't imagine hanging off the words of anyone, slavishly lapping up their drivel, aping their look, spewing lavish compliments. Well, except Kate Moss. I'd throw myself on a SM pyre for her, probably
Mine would be Alexa Chung. I'm an absolute convert to her since her YT channel.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Regarding Madonna/ Rihanna, SH had written in the article that Madonna did not appeal to heterosexual men and that's why they were confused by her. She also said in Pretty Honest that Madonna is not a natural beauty and a great example of someone who made the most of herself. I bet that's why one is acceptable (in her mind) and the other isn't

CloudierN

I was wondering the exact same thing and thank you you have just saved me 20 minutes of manic googling!!
It’s the Facebook group ‘get the look’ which was (or is? I’m not on it now) a sort of spin off the old guardian column. Then moved to SHB forum and now moved back to Facebook.. have I got that right? I missed the whole move / shut down of SHB forum because I hadn’t looked at it for about three years. Was there an announcement or did it die a long slow death..?

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
Does it also match an IP address across platforms. So, for example, you could link an individual to their various SM accounts, online user names etc? If so, it's extremely creepy and paranoid
No, because then you would need access to a certain platform’s internal IP logs to be able to cross reference. I can’t see FB and Twitter giving that up without a warrant.

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
Well, that Nars blush (Oasis) from the linked video is gorgeous! I'm tempted to at least look for swatches and dupes . And it was the only Nars blush she didn't have :LOL:

Looking back at it now I think it's been edited, all the times the word **** was used seem to have been taken down. Presumably because they offended 'someone'. Wonder who.

HowardMoon

VIP Member
I wonder how many people she’s blocked in total? You’d think she’d want to keep as many followers as poss. That’s the priority on IG for slebs surely?

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
It's weird that people fetishise influencers. I can't imagine hanging off the words of anyone, slavishly lapping up their drivel, aping their look, spewing lavish compliments. Well, except Kate Moss. I'd throw myself on a SM pyre for her, probably
And how influencers lap it up too, believing their own hype (e.g Sali "I forgot to photograph my dinner as I was so desperate to eat")

Mselvista

VIP Member
Actually one of her pals liked a load of my Instagram photos yesterday - I thought nothing of it because we were following one another. That person has since unfollowed me. The irony of it all is that I had never even heard of this forum until That Friday.
Can you say who the pal was or don't you want to as not a famous? I am purely being very very nosey