Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HowardMoon

VIP Member
I’m sure the seat was dirtier than the baby’s arse 😄

She does look verrrry different. And I’m guessing it isn’t due to botanical ingredients and “naturally active skincare”.
Ha Quite! I stumbled across her IG the other day and couldn’t believe how different she looked. Good for her but I doubt we’ll ever hear what she’s actually had done sadly. It’s a shame as I’m genuinely interested

Her eyes look different and not necessarily for the better IMO! [emoji2370]
Yeah she has the look of having had work done certainly. I wonder if the weight loss caused a gaunt look so she had fillers? I’m guessing Botox was had too. Just in case anyone things I’m being critical, I think she looks very good just very different from how she used to that’s all.

Reactions: 1

Mselvista

VIP Member
What's this in the column "...glow-giving glycolic (never my favourite acid..."? Is SH unable to say she's changed her mind? Is that why when she gives an opinion on something that differs from what she said before it's always qualified with "never", "always", "I have long thought...".
And why is she making this point at the same time as recommending a product which contains glycolic? Has she glitched?

This is completely unhelpful. Why is five a good number per week? On what basis should it be used more or less?

Attachments

Last edited:

Tigerwhocametotea

You wouldn’t be able to see her stories though. Mind you, they’re dull AF. ESPECIALLY lipstick of the day thread. She wears the same “look” ok ver and over again. It’s like Groundhog Day, but with nobbing makeup.
Hmm. I can see that IG TV video, as it’s come through on Safari, rather than the app? I might watch it again, and keep it in a tab, for the LOLs.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
It was in an article about botox so meaning was clear from context. Obviously it wasn't an extensive mention and she should have mentioned clearly on the platforms where she flogs (sorry, influences/writes Pulitzer-worthy journalism) but she hadn't never mentioned it. As I've posted here for the first time this afternoon curious as to whether I've been blocked yet.
I'm going to check too. I have so many names (not for sinister reasons but bad memory) that I would be interested. I will miss her manic rocking and spendy foundation recommendations if so.

Mselvista

VIP Member
Speaking of which, did anyone see the lovely Hannah Martin dab the ice cream from her pudding onto her cheekbones?! Apparently, people didn’t realise that the dessert was an actual dessert. They thought it was makeup! 🤦🏼‍♀️
I saw CH eating the menu?! WTF?

OneLineResponse

VIP Member
In short l think Influencer culture is becoming transparently toxic and they need to be much more accountable for their actions in making people feel they need this product/lifestyle/ service to feel better about themselves and their lives.
This could be applied to every Influencer thread 👏

Everyoldsock

So when SH was furious whilst on a writer’s retreat, was it because of the lost £7k or the way her mate LL was treated after The Pool folded? It must be very difficult to navigate a friendship when doing business together. The number of influencers who are intertwined in a similar way is staggering to my innocent eye. Sometimes it really does feel like a complex web of connections in which a number of them are related to each other.

I followed The Pool for a few months but then got bored with the sanctimonious white- middle class cool Central London vibe going on it. The account of the way they have run this business is truly shocking.
How was she treated? I recall LL coming away from the debacle relatively unscathed. Up to when it closed earlier this year she was owed £40K according to this - https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/jan/30/the-pool-womens-site-co-founded-by-lauren-laverne-in-crisis-talks - which is a lot of money, of course, but perhaps not that big an amount with someone with several lucrative income streams as she has.

I suppose now SH can assume (convince herself?) that anyone asking a probing question is from here. Which is a good way to shut down discussion. BTL comments always seemed pretty reasonable but I guess a couple of them were linked to here and so it can be spun as just being mouth breathing, dribbling, spittle spraying fists banging on keyboards trolling.

Last edited:
  • Haha

SequinnedElephant

I've only recently discovered KJH and then realised that she did a video with SH that people here had mentioned - I could not believe how rude SH was towards her; it was so unprofessional. I think she asked her a question about cleanser or foundation and SH snipped, "Well, I get a lot through my work, don't I?"

It's my pet hate as a response. In my first ever job, one of my bosses didn't show up and I asked a colleague where he was. "He flew to France last night, because his mother died, didn't she." DID SHE? WTF, no I didn't know and when did this become a thing!?
Please could you link to the video? I tried to find it but couldn’t.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I don't think she has the people skills or personality her job requires. In fact, I don't think she likes... people. She has a very mercurial temperament, is hypersensitive to criticism, is loudly and rigidly opinionated. All fine I guess, but only if you accept that youre naturally going to rub some people the wrong way. Some people wont like who you are, what you do or say and you just live with it, that's life isn't it?

Who knows where that undercurrent of rage, entitlement, resentment comes from. The Train audio is a good example of what I mean - weirdly disproportionate amount of wrath for the situation. Plus, she records herself humiliating a stranger to then post on her professional account? Oddly immature behaviour from a person pushing 50, imo.
To be fair, the train incident is not recent. The link posted here is from 2012