Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

melfish

VIP Member
Thanks to this thread I found Katie Jane Hughes insta and learned how to do eyeliner for hoodie eyes. All I learned from princess snippy pants is to get eyelid surgery and botox!! No thanks 🤣
I've never been able to do eyeliner with my hooded eyes. Just makes them look weird. Cat's eye? Forget about it

Reactions: 1

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I don't see the yellow bag thread. Has it been taken down?
It was still there when I just checked. Embedded in a thread with a photo of the wonder bag and someone asking 'Anyone else got one?'. Hirons horrible rant now has about 150 likes.

• Sad

Jugglegirl

Just watched some of the foundation review. Firstly the lip smacking breathing issues are very distracting but the real problem is she is sitting there describing the foundations on camera... why does she not SHOW the product ? Absurdly unhelpful

I nearly posted a picture of her fucking socks and shoes yesterday, but thought maybe it was just me. What on earth was she thinking? Was she trying to draw the eye away from something else?
Oh do! I want to see

HowardMoon

VIP Member
Just watched some of the foundation review. Firstly the lip smacking breathing issues are very distracting but the real problem is she is sitting there describing the foundations on camera... why does she not SHOW the product ? Absurdly unhelpful

Oh do! I want to see
Me too! I’m blocked dontcha know

Everyoldsock

'We' had to make lolol. As if she had any control over or input into K Viner's decisions. The ego. Every single thing she posts isn't hers until it contains some fib, exaggeration, twisting of events or distortion of some sort.
I wonder if the decision was because Viner and co were worried that any comments construed as damaging could have limited the amount of revenue the Guardian make from the affiliate links?

CocoCottesmore

It's such a wierd thing to take to Twitter about anyway isn't it? Surely it wouldn't help any of the parties concerned but would just ratchet up tension. And oh dear the don't post mean stuff on the internet 😂 . Oh deary me.
It was not only the lack of #ibelieveher but as you say, such a weird thing to do. Make it all about her somehow and vaguepost so everyone had to check *she* was ok?

Fenella

Chatty Member
I was quite tempted by a few things but the reviews on Cult Beauty were quite lukewarm (and I find the reviews on there are often on the plus side of my opinion) so I decided against.

Nonah

VIP Member
The moderation on GTL/SHB has always been awful. It was a clique of A-list Salinistas who hung out in what they call their ‘shed’, clearly bitching about the civilians (some may have been decent, but they came across en masse as hideously cliquey and far from neutral or measured.) I don’t think it’s on to name names as they’re private individuals. *Bugger Buddhism Face*
Very true. I can’t work out how to edit so I can delete the names! Can anyone help?

melfish

VIP Member
Have you tried the KJH tutorial? It's taken me a few practice runs and I'm still far from perfect but it looks so much better than it ever did before.
No, will have to look it up. I have all the tools, just lack the ability

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
Yes! I did that. Bloody hell, this has made me so paranoid.

I also will not be creating a stealth Instagram account. If you wanted to you could just log out, or use a different browser, then search, surely?
You wouldn’t be able to see her stories though. Mind you, they’re dull AF. ESPECIALLY lipstick of the day thread. She wears the same “look” ok ver and over again. It’s like Groundhog Day, but with nobbing makeup.

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
I bought Guerlain Parure Gold off the back of a Sali recommendation and I do absolutely love it, it cost £50+ it’s wonderful and worth every penny imo.

It’s the best foundation I’ve ever bought and I’ve previously spent a lot of money on high end foundation but I’ll NEVER spend £100+ . I haven’t watched her story, is it the Tom Ford?

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
G-d, her forehead looks MAHOOSIVE here. And her cheeks look very chiselled- that’ll be all that filler.

191A352F-FE73-4C2A-B853-DBCF355C944F.jpeg

Last edited:

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Washing her face with hand wash (As if!) from the very company that has just “gifted” her and her pals a “press trip” of course. The same brand that then popped up in several Insta posts and her Guardian column. Pretty honest!

The blow dry post is so cringe. Why make up some elaborate tale like that? Come on, we’ve all witnessed feisty Sali with her withering put downs. Didn’t she recently berate someone for parking their “Chelsea tractor” outside her house. Are we expected to believe she left the salon uncomplaining after such an awful blow dry?
Oh please tell me more about her Chelsea tractor drama 😁

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
@GTL Old-Timer She should have had a stiff drink before the speech to ease the nerves, she sounds like she did in The Video. Women tend to breathe much more shallowly than men, so this kind of somewhat stressful experience only exacerbates it. For a broadcaster, she ought to do a few basic exercises. As for the content of what she was saying, I'm more inclined to interpret her examples as a means of becoming your old self rather than it bears any significance from the feminist point of view. It's really late, so I don't know if I'm making any sense. I should go to bed.