Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nonah

VIP Member
WTAF? Who were the moderators at the time? That is fucking awful.
Good question. I know who it was and I know that I was really surprised to find out how many mods there were in the ‘shed’ considering how little they appeared to actually do. They were pretty hot on identifying spam and fake stuff for sale but not so great at making sure posters were behaving. I believe Sali was away at the time and said she would have dealt very differently had she been aware of what happened.
Also, has anyone else felt the curse of ‘universally flattering? Whenever SH has described a product as such I can 99% guarantee it will make me look half dead. I came to think that was code for ‘looks good on all my mates’.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

melfish

VIP Member
I am a hair product junkie as well. I have such fine, thin hair that I will buy anything that promises thickness or volume. No HG as yet , despite decades of searching :(

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
And that’s to say nothing of the fact that super successful Sali does little else besides complain. In her forties she spends an awful lot of time dissecting her own teenage years in public. What is that? I find it very hard to believe she has faced much adversity in her life for the simple reason that she seems to have little to no knowledge of what it entails.
Free therapy?
Writing can be therapeutic, if she'd just realize the textbook projections staring back at her while she writes oversimplified categorisations of people.

Ericscat

There is a programme on bbc2 about weasels right now, including the nasty crazy ass honey badger. Hope that Kate Spicer is watching

Originalnuttah

Exactly, I couldn’t think of anything more cringe to share about, she obviously didn’t think it’s a big deal at the time.

melfish

VIP Member
I used the Fibrology shampoo she recommended to thicken hair. It may work on others but mine seriously turned into a dull matted mess. Horrible. I suppose it did thicken it if matted tangles count.
Do you have a favourite thickening shampoo? I am desperate

Londonlondon

In her Bio there is a long list of brands she has had commercial dealings with. The Delia affect on sales is a bit of an annoying turn of phrase - even though l have definitely contributed to that in the past.

She is the director of three companies now - Pretty Honest, The Beauty Banks and The Communication Store. - google ‘Sali Hughes Companies House’

Mselvista

VIP Member
(I)n the interests of accuracy, someone...posted a link to an old Pool article about Olivia Colman using botox from several years ago where Sali does state that she herself has used it. The article was posted with two other Pool articles and everyone was saying they made no mention of her using botox herself ...but in the interests of fairness and accuracy it is there.
The mention in the last paragraph is VERY sleight of hand. Yes, it can be argued she mentioned her own use but in a way that can easily be overlooked and misunderstood. Very shady and sneaky (which is why it wasn't widely picked up).

Attachments

• Wow

HowardMoon

VIP Member
I use the L'Occitaine shea butter hand cream during the winter, nothing else compared to it, and when I tried to find a replacement, I'd end up buying 5 cheaper hand creams and not be satisfied, so fuck it. My hands crack and bleed, I sometimes sleep with gloves on, if someone has a better option (cheaper and CF) I'm open to suggestions, haven't bought a new tube yet, but soon I'll have to.
The Polaar hand cream is similar and cheaper but I agree with the L’Occitane splurge, it’s gorgeous and I must have bought dozens over the years. I buy from QVC which works out cheaper

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
No comments again. Must affect things in that I read that once and won't look again. Comments meant I would look a few times mainly for readers cheaper suggestions.
Btw is it common knowledge primers should be left for a couple of minutes before you put on foundation? SH didn't mention it (so I assume it is) but it was a revelation to me, not that I use it that often tbh.