Sali Hughes #63 Evening oll, shrill on the socials at every opportunity.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The snaggletooth used to irk me a bit (wholly irrational, who am I etc), but my god at least it was hers and part of her real appearance/character. It is so evident when someone begins to make key changes, it really does mess with the natural look and structure of your face. She looks like a waxen automaton now. But I can see how money and access to a playground of "wow, I can change/improve/add this, this and this" is hugely alluring.

View attachment 2894397
---

View attachment 2894426
exactly that. For someone who used to define herself as 'not being like others' she sure has embraced the conveyer belt look of the IG world, just with worse hair.

Reactions: 15
Probably what happened was the dreaded "black triangles", a really common result of orthodontic work in adults, whose gums don't cooperate and fill in the new gaps as readily as they do in kids. These would have been filled in with composite, along with the bite surface being evened out, resulting in that solid square look.

Source: me, I have Invisalign right now

Reactions: 14
I mean, it’s the great unsaid thing about all this, isn’t it?

I caveat the following by saying it’s your face/body/hair/teeth, do what you like but.. none of these tweakments have the desired effect really of looking younger. You don’t. You look like someone your age who has had a bit of work. I know a few people now. A quick glance might not leave you able to guess their age but spend more than 30 minutes with them and you’re like “this 45 year old sure has an unmovable forehead”

Some people don’t mind that, and more power to them but sali is a contradiction, right? She’s so not like other girls but she sure looks like a lot of them now.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Soooo ickleeeee! 🥹 How is she real.

At the same time she probably loved seeing her wee self blown up to 40' high.

View attachment 2895796
Holy crapola, Sali! What in the early noughties Tamara Beckwith is going on here? 😳
IMG_8248.jpeg
IMG_8247.jpeg
the back of her head/hair too! 😬😱
IMG_8249.jpeg

Genuinely cannot understand what she is thinking with some of her aesthetic choices

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
A conference on why women's skin is more sensitised than ever. Well let's think :unsure: Maybe people like Sali pushing ever more complicated and harsh unnecessary routines just to flog product. And so much bleeping cleansing.
I see they're trying to blame it on 'environmental' factors. Not the beauty industry eating itself.

And 😂

Screenshot_20240425_025039.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
She gets a fair aul amount of stick on here, but Marian Keyes is doing a load of stuff for her new book and she is saying re her honesty about her various injections and treatments that she couldn’t have women asking her what creams and skin care she used, knowing it wasn’t down to that in the least. Which I thought was pretty refreshing to hear.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28
Its giving hard boiled egg painting competition at my primary school, circa 1992. Startled expression? Check. Offcut of ya Nanas knitting wool for hair: Check. Comically oversized black glasses: Check. Trying to pass said egg off as a masterpiece of modern art: Check, Check, Check.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
She gets a fair aul amount of stick on here, but Marian Keyes is doing a load of stuff for her new book and she is saying re her honesty about her various injections and treatments that she couldn’t have women asking her what creams and skin care she used, knowing it wasn’t down to that in the least. Which I thought was pretty refreshing to hear.
It's only taken the woman twenty years to get to that point - she was perfectly happy to have allllll the tweakments on the quiet but write a beauty column for a long time. Slow clap for Marian! Really she's probably only being honest because her zimmerframe gives her away. That and her last facelift is still a bit tight so she doesn't look quite like herself yet....

Yeah, feeling salty today over any sudden 'honesty' from influencers who've lied for years, as if that suddenly absolves them of the emotional and financial damage wrought upon the women who followed them and their dumb recommendations.
---
A conference on why women's skin is more sensitised than ever. Well let's think :unsure: Maybe people like Sali pushing ever more complicated and harsh unnecessary routines just to flog product. And so much bleeping cleansing.
I see they're trying to blame it on 'environmental' factors. Not the beauty industry eating itself.
And amen to this.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

And 😂

View attachment 2895821
I also love the irony of Clinique, home of the step 2 astringent toner I tortured my face with as a pimply teen, hosting a conference about why skin is sensitised.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
The white lab coats and the faux prescription...that's a bit silly. They're sales assistants not dermatologists ffs.

I've had the most horrible allergic reaction to DDML and TTDO, hypoallergenic is just a marketing term anyway.

Reactions: 16
I miss a couple of 90s ones - Gio and Laura Biagiotti Venezia (though Revlon Fire & Ice is a reasonable dupe for it). I have an unsophisticated nose.
Fragrance X had some Venezia a couple of years ago but seems to have gone again now.
Loved Venezia! First found it in a magazine free sample I took on the plane to Italy and bought a bottle as soon as I could. Used Venezia in Venice 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4