Sali Hughes #63 Evening oll, shrill on the socials at every opportunity.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wait is the Estée Lauder or the Superdrug cleanser that’s been discontinued?
I was confused by this as well. If it's the estee lauder, I guess she got it free at an event, so it's shows even the big brands aren't shy about dropping old stock to influencers.

Interesting spot by SH that Hirons' cleanser is basically a dupe of the Clarins one that everyone loved. Didn't Hirons used to be on the clarins counter?

So that's where they all get their 'ideas' from - the Chapman sister on a video mentioned she'd kept all the discontinued mac shades from when she was on counter 'for inspiration'. Hirons mentions the old products she keeps - obviously so she can produce inexact replicas for her own brand. Kate Moss for rimmel was all dupes of high end bestsellers (eg the red lipstick was an hourglass red dupe). They're all just copying bestsellers, aren't they?

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Her insta grid has morphed into uncanny valley: the smize, the hair, the whole insta-beige aesthetic. I see it's not just Ariana Grande who (reportedly) only insists that one side of her face is photographed.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
There’s a long-standing rumour/Tattle in-joke that LE did Sali’s makeup for her first wedding which she hated and has slagged off numerous times over the years (without naming the mua). At least that’s what I think kicked off the rumour. She’s only very recently started acknowledging that LE exists as far as I can tell which is strange seen as Lisa is such a prominent mua, company founder, YouTuber etc. So the joke is Sali’s longstanding grudge/seething jealousy 🤣
Not sure if it's one of the proscribed sites here so link might not work but it was speculated about q0 years ago on Guru Gossip.
SH not recommending LE's youtube videos in Pretty Honest seemed a stark ommission. Apart from SH interviewing LE at a Stylist event SH has barely acknowledged LE's existence (yes she's commnented on her products but quite late on I think and products aren't the person). SH went to LE's skin tint launch but unlike most other influencers didn't share a pic with her.

---
Also I'm not sure if that's an actual or automated response from LE?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I was thinking that, despite having access to the best advice and best practitioners, she has made some poor choices - hair, brows, nails, teeth. But then - second thought - maybe that's just me imposing my own aesthetic and this is exactly the look she was going for?
That’s an interesting point, I thought her tattoo was “off-brand” in a way, but she obviously liked it and wanted it, so of course that’s fine I’m not criticising it, I wish she’d be more authentic like that to be honest.

Reactions: 8
I've always thought the tattoos a little off-brand too. Probably because she comes across as so uptight and prissy

Reactions: 15
Is she trolling us?

How many 'really really really' is she churning out one each video now?

Ffs

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Do you think Sali has ever uttered the words "oh yeah thanks I will try that..." one commenter had the audacity to suggest a different way of cutting cleanser tubes to get scrapings out. Expert content creator did not appreciate their input.
20240423_224655.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Do you think Sali has ever uttered the words "oh yeah thanks I will try that..." one commenter had the audacity to suggest a different way of cutting cleanser tubes to get scrapings out. Expert content creator did not appreciate their input. View attachment 2893764
I think it would be great content for an empties video. It’s a top tip and it shows you’re trying to use up absolutely all the product. I get really annoyed if something can’t be chopped into to get the last bits out!

Reactions: 21
Do you think Sali has ever uttered the words "oh yeah thanks I will try that..." one commenter had the audacity to suggest a different way of cutting cleanser tubes to get scrapings out. Expert content creator did not appreciate their input. View attachment 2893764
This is so giving Jack Monroe vibes, she’s exactly the same and can’t bring herself to give anyone relying any credit whatsoever

Reactions: 14
The plastic doll hair, I can't -- she's got far too much money to be walking round with these Sindy ass extensions
What’s she thinking with those teeth? It’s like early Curb Your Enthusiasm when Larry pissed oft the dentist and got given two giant temporary teeth, except she’s pissed off the dentist even more and been given the full upstairs row.
IMG_8188.jpeg
IMG_8187.jpeg
And that’s before we even get to the cheap and tacky looking extensions. This middle bit looks like a vintage ‘80s My Little Pony’s tail. It doesn’t even blend in with the other “hair”!
IMG_8191.jpeg

I just cannot understand what she is thinking at all these days. It’s like she’s entirely lost sight of what she actually looks like. Baffling.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
It's like these cosmetic dentists don't take into account the client's mouth shape or original teeth or anything - but just bung in the same tombstone set for everyone. They have decided giant, square, startling white teeth should be the norm.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
It's like these cosmetic dentists don't take into account the client's mouth shape or original teeth or anything - but just bung in the same tombstone set for everyone. They have decided giant, square, startling white teeth should be the norm.
That's probably what's happened here. I had that problem with my first set of veneers. I had to have them redone by a very very expensive dentist and an even more expensive lab. They're great now but the second round cost me a cool 25k on top of the 10k for the first. It takes so little for teeth to be too big/square. Especially when you are going the cheap route.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Forget matching lipstick and nail colour, she's matched tooth and nail chunkiness.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Oh gosh, I am now watching the video and the teeth are too much. It's changed her whole look a lot, and not for the better. I thought the crooked front tooth was cute, gave her character. At least now she has generic insta teeth to match the rest of her generic insta face 🤷‍♀️
The snaggletooth used to irk me a bit (wholly irrational, who am I etc), but my god at least it was hers and part of her real appearance/character. It is so evident when someone begins to make key changes, it really does mess with the natural look and structure of your face. She looks like a waxen automaton now. But I can see how money and access to a playground of "wow, I can change/improve/add this, this and this" is hugely alluring.

Screenshot_20240424_062244_Instagram.jpg

---
What the Wallace and Gromit have you done to your teeth Sal?
Screenshot_20240424_065757_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11