Sali Hughes #62 it’s good manners, payment pending of course

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep Eborian CC is my daily base
Its equivalent to a very light sheer foundation. Its not a massive shade range (only 5) but it's pretty adaptable for most (I don't think it does super dark tho)
The Clair shade looks quite pinkish and Dore looks too dark for me. Which shade do you wear?

Reactions: 1
Clair for me. Comes out whitish but adapts nicely to my skin tone which isn't pale.
Thanks, that's super helpful. I am not as pale as the models, so was worried it might be too light. Think I will try a small size of it

Reactions: 2
My skin tone is a cool olive/possibly neutral (I think but honestly idk). I find it really hard to match online
Do you follow alexandra anele on YouTube? She is pale olive and talks about shades a lot xo

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I find everything colour adaptive difficult, Tinted moisturisers that are white at first, lipsticks etc. They all turn a weird colour on me after a while.
Maybe I’m too acidic.
---
My skin tone is a cool olive/possibly neutral (I think but honestly idk). I find it really hard to match online
Sounds a bit like me. I’m pale but light foundations tend to look chalky on me, pink undertone look horrific, too much yellow makes me weirdly orange.
---
I’ve been mismatched at beauty counters a few times.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I watched her new bases video and must admit I'm baffled by something. The AI foundation. She said you have to submit a photo of yourself with no makeup on and in good bright natural light. But she thought she would try to 'trick' the method, by taking a selfie in dingy artificial light with fake tan on, to see how good they were. But it was still a perfect match.
My question - why? Why did she want to trick it? Surely it was a good enough test to see if they got it right by using the method they advised?
I've been puzzling over this for a while now tbh 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Either it’s just pot luck or it didn’t match!
is there also a questionnaire?
Well you specify what type of foundation you want eg sheer, full coverage, matte, glowy etc. I think that is it.
But yes I don't get what point she is trying to prove tbh with this tricking business. Surely for her followers it would've made far more sense to follow the instructions to the letter and see if they got it right then? As most people will do - we don't all have money to chuck at something and not really be bothered about the results.
(Though She Here's was kindly gifted - she got a voucher for it in a goody bag at some jolly she attended).

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I just don’t believe AI would know how to adjust the lighting and fake tan face? There‘s no logical basis for it to pick the correct shade, if anything that would put me off because it’s preposterous! Psychic AI?

Although Sali is woeful at colour matching her own face, so it could just be that it’s wrong and she wouldn’t know 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I just don’t believe AI would know how to adjust the lighting and fake tan face? There‘s no logical basis for it to pick the correct shade, if anything that would put me off because it’s preposterous! Psychic AI?

Although Sali is woeful at colour matching her own face, so it could just be that it’s wrong and she wouldn’t know 🤷🏼‍♀️
That's just it isn't it? Her experiment proved nothing. I agree with you that she put it on and thought it matched when it no doubt didn't.
Oh I forgot she went on about how though it was good she wouldn't use it again as she finds colour matching really easy - it's her job 😂 She's matched thousands of women. Its really for people who find it difficult.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
That video is so overlong. She repeats everything about 3 times as if she’s talking to children. Then there’s all the double and triple adverbs. The amount of ‘so so so’ and ‘really really’ is infuriating, she needs a better vocabulary. I did laugh at the bit near the start where the builders are banging upstairs - her head jerks upwards and she’s fuming 🤣. She also puts her stupid little mic on half way through and the sound quality takes a nosedive 🙄 All together now -
e x p e r t c o n t e n t c r e a t o r

• Haha
Reactions: 16
All the finesse of a ten year old who has discovered they can record themselves on their boom box, and decides to make their own radio show

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I find everything colour adaptive difficult, Tinted moisturisers that are white at first, lipsticks etc. They all turn a weird colour on me after a while.
Maybe I’m too acidic
Adaptive make up shading is nonsense. I saw a tiktok post with a chemist explaining it. It had never made sense to me. Its just that the pigment is in little beads that burst when you rub the cream in. It doesn't change to a different colour depending on the person at all. And if it was adapting depending to your pH that makes no sense either.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The smugness has reached new levels and I just don’t see why. Boring jeans and a polo neck and the hair of the Crypt Keeper

IMG_8144.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
That video is so overlong. She repeats everything about 3 times as if she’s talking to children. Then there’s all the double and triple adverbs. The amount of ‘so so so’ and ‘really really’ is infuriating, she needs a better vocabulary. I did laugh at the bit near the start where the builders are banging upstairs - her head jerks upwards and she’s fuming 🤣. She also puts her stupid little mic on half way through and the sound quality takes a nosedive 🙄 All together now -
e x p e r t c o n t e n t c r e a t o r
She repeats herself so much. It's really irritating. She'll describe a foundation then say 'to summarise' and repeat it all again a couple of times when it just isn't complicated and most of us can grasp 'it's glowy and sheer' on first telling. We don't need a variety of ways to tell us the exact same thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.