Sali Hughes #6 Eric's at the cat flap, hide your side of beef with a shower cap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also the pejorative language used about this site also counts as tearing down women. It’s a cheap and easy win and it’s slack journalism.

Reactions: 13
That's a really good point about men vs women. Men are more active on forums but they're never bitching but when women do it, it's automatically construed as such.

I know I mentioned this on the Friday it all kicked off, but the sexism in women talking about women being problematic somehow but men talking about footballers / other such folk (I'm guessing almost exclusively male sports people) has never caused this kind of fury that I'm aware of. I'll pay attention to thinkpieces about this kind of space when it's not made out to be primarily a women v women issue.
Abso-bleeping-lutely!

I can’t tell from the context whether this was intended

Plus, there’s an underlying air of virtuosity lingering, especially around Tattle Life.
but virtuosity does not mean “being virtuous”, it describes a state of being highly skilled at something. I assume the writer either didn’t know that they’d used the wrong word, or is secretly giving us all a high five for our efforts. Up top!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
PS I don’t feel virtuous. I feel bleeping gobsmacked that the popular media aimed at women is so, so bad that a lowly gossip forum is the smart breath of fresh air I’ve been waiting for. Literally if a GCSE student wrote that piece I would’ve given them a C.
Yes, the consumers that are being targeted are not allowed to critically think, have differing opinion, or call out lack of transparency or the hypocrisy. And yet, those so against diverse opinion, themselves talk about "punching women in the tits", have relentless hateful twitter threads targeting women, trying to get a woman who was self made, sacked etc. We should just blindly support and consume any product marketed, and insecurity created to justify the -need- for a new product, all the while these gatekeepers don't care about the monetry value to the average person, who could never sustain the amount that is being flogged.

Who cares if the influencer claims to be pro-animal rights yet flogs animal tested brands, heaps of limited recyclable material, overpriced "must haves" and isn't transparent that the thing claimed to be loved for years, is just another undeclared AD.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
If it was men saying what we said would that be better or worse? Why bring gender into it?

(I don't think of any of you fellow skidmarks as having a gender tbh - we cave dwelling shitmouth turds always struck me as sort of shapeless lumps with beef strapped to where our faces might be).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
That Grazia article, whatever side you are on, is very mediocre writing.

👋 to Grazia 😐

Last edited:
New member (and lurker until now!) - used to be an SH fan but got increasingly irritated when she stopped doing the Guardian videos and stopped updating SHB, the fact that all the influencers were flogging the same products and people and the ‘normalizing’ of spending considerable amounts of money on must have products. Don’t believe for one instant that any reputable lawyer would have been happy with her posting that statement. Am also shocked at how supposedly ‘professional’ women conduct themselves online - can’t believe it’s in line with their employers’ SM policies? If I had posted anything remotely like that I would have been lucky not to have been sacked. Anyway, rant over - I shall go back to lurking...

@Jelly Bean "No one here I'm sure feels particularly virtuous." I don't know about that, I'm expecting (at least) a beatification.
Are you still waiting on your beatification, babes? I've already been canonised, sorry #saintface

I think she's already regretting that video so much that she's probably purple right now. Her cold and calculated plan wasn't to denounce bullies or to scare the bejesus of anyone with a lawsuit. It always was about trying to do some damage limitation and garner sympathy to generate traffic and retweets. Unfortunately (for her), she shot herself in the foot in the sense that a lot of people not only came here and checked that her story wasn't quite adding up, but also people like Giles and Esther came forward and said, "Eh? No, it's not really like that".

While she's had a surge in profile clicks and follows I'm sure it was very brief. She could have learned by now that she alienated the very same demographic that she tries to sell to but she's so arrogant and believe her hype so much that it'll never happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yes, the consumers that are being targeted are not allowed to critically think, have differing opinion, or call out lack of transparency or the hypocrisy. And yet, those so against diverse opinion, themselves talk about "punching women in the tits", have relentless hateful twitter threads targeting women, trying to get a woman who was self made, sacked etc. We should just blindly support and consume any product marketed, and insecurity created to justify the -need- for a new product, all the while these gatekeepers don't care about the monetry value to the average person, who could never sustain the amount that is being flogged.

Who cares if the influencer claims to be pro-animal rights yet flogs animal tested brands, heaps of limited recyclable material, overpriced "must haves" and isn't transparent that the thing claimed to be loved for years, is just another undeclared AD.
Brilliant. Just brilliant.
It is comments like this that people like SH are so scared of. They keep telling themselves how thick and jealous we are but this is what deep down they are terrified of. Clever people seeing through their tit.

New member (and lurker until now!) - used to be an SH fan but got increasingly irritated when she stopped doing the Guardian videos and stopped updating SHB, the fact that all the influencers were flogging the same products and people and the ‘normalizing’ of spending considerable amounts of money on must have products. Don’t believe for one instant that any reputable lawyer would have been happy with her posting that statement. Am also shocked at how supposedly ‘professional’ women conduct themselves online - can’t believe it’s in line with their employers’ SM policies? If I had posted anything remotely like that I would have been lucky not to have been sacked. Anyway, rant over - I shall go back to lurking...
Don't lurk! Stay! God I sound needy. But you seriously hit the nail on the head. People like you are who people like SH are scared of. Former fans with their eyes opened.

• Heart
And why the hell should the mods here feel compelled to talk to a Grazia journo? Who the hell does she think she is? bleeping Woodward and Bernstein?
"I wrote under the cleverly disguised username Deep Throat, but then I realised I have that blusher shade by NARS"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
It’s rich coming from Grazia, one of the gutter magazines pretending to be sophisticated, with accolades including the hounding of Jennifer Anniston as “Poor Jen” and the Jen v Angelina wars, the mocking and hounding of Amy Winehouse to her death.. I think they massively went in for the “Waity Katey” bullshit as well. Probably currently perpetuating the Meghan vs Kate bullshit narrative. They need to get off their high horse pronto.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I imagine SH is self-employed/freelance, but bloody hell, if I posted something like that video online I would be called straight to HR/OH in the morning - my work would assume I was having a nervous breakdown. (Not in a high profile role, and have about six followers, but you know what I mean.) The follow-up crying video was a particular low point for me, possibly actually worse than the “important statement”.

Reactions: 17
If it was men saying what we said would that be better or worse? Why bring gender into it?

(I don't think of any of you fellow skidmarks as having a gender tbh - we cave dwelling shitmouth turds always struck me as sort of shapeless lumps with beef strapped to where our faces might be).
Shapeless shitmouth beef face shadows on a wall innit

• Haha
Reactions: 7
And why the hell should the mods here feel compelled to talk to a Grazia journo? Who the hell does she think she is? bleeping Woodward and Bernstein? And people here didn't want to talk to her? Good. Why should they. But there goes the spin at how slightly sinister it all is here. Not just that people here don't bow down in awe to, oooh, a journalist.
I used to read grazia occasionally when I was young. It felt more 'sophisticated' than 'Now' or 'Hello'. In reality the classy font just made me feel even more worthless reading about the £hundred pound handbags and hundred pound beauty treatments (I especially loathed Bella Freud's section of the telegraph sunday supplement magazine - my dad's choice of paper not mine). I would never be rich enough to access the treatments needed to catch me up to the beauty of other girls. I don't mourn the death of magazines, I do follow US teen vogue though which is so on point these days that Sali should learn from it. Srsly

Reactions: 9
Thousands of people will lose their jobs because Pizza Express is going into administration but that's alright with her bleeping idiotic husband who's making jokes about it on twitter. Seething.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Thousands of people will lose their jobs because Pizza Express is going into administration but that's alright with her bleeping idiotic husband who's making jokes about it on twitter. Seething.
So horrible. I couldn't believe that when I saw it. Crass and brutal.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Typical Tory though, innit.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I know. I saw that. Disgusting behaviour. Same as his wife when Jamie's went bust - not that she joked but she tweeted how awful Jamie's restaurants were when I'm sure neither he or his ex employees really needed to be told that.
Imagine their impotent fury if someone made a 'clever' pun about their favourite restaurant closing - 'Ooh. One might almost say all the employees of Chilli Pickle are in a bit of 'pickle' themselves now!!!'.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.