Sali Hughes #52 Been there, seen it, done it, knew about it first. Always done it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That photo is hilarious 😂
I don't which is odder - the thought she took it herself, or Dan did a 'bae just caught me looking wistful' thing.
Also Frappé is an iced coffee. So is she having an iced iced coffee coffee?? Or was that explanation for us uncultured plebs.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I don’t know if anyone on here is a member of Netgalley (or knows how it works) basically you apply for advance copies of books in return for a unbiased review that will be used on publication.

I saw Sali’s book arrive last month and I thought might as well see what she’s got to say, I review regularly and very rarely get turned down for my requests, I was therefore surprised not to hear anything further. Upon searching it seems that the title has already been archived and after only 6 reviews were posted! To say they are damning is an understatement.

The tone of the reviews did not indicate any tattler was involved, I won’t screenshot as that seems a bit unfair when the reviewers haven’t given their consent, but I think it’s fair to say it’s not going to be well received by the general public unless they are desperate to learn which is the best queue to choose at a supermarket (the one with people doing large shops apparently 🙄)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
£137 worth of pyjamas!
That is just ridiculous. The money she spends on clothes shows how much she makes for basically writing what is in a press release. It is scary. The fall of the Schiller aka influencer can’t come soon enough for me

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I don’t know if anyone on here is a member of Netgalley (or knows how it works) basically you apply for advance copies of books in return for a unbiased review that will be used on publication.

I saw Sali’s book arrive last month and I thought might as well see what she’s got to say, I review regularly and very rarely get turned down for my requests, I was therefore surprised not to hear anything further. Upon searching it seems that the title has already been archived and after only 6 reviews were posted! To say they are damning is an understatement.

The tone of the reviews did not indicate any tattler was involved, I won’t screenshot as that seems a bit unfair when the reviewers haven’t given their consent, but I think it’s fair to say it’s not going to be well received by the general public unless they are desperate to learn which is the best queue to choose at a supermarket (the one with people doing large shops apparently 🙄)
Omg - that is good info. How unusual is it for books to be archived that quickly? Would Sali or her publisher have had any say in the matter?
And the best queue is the one with people doing large shops? Eh?
I must say I cannot wait for it to be published now 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16

The comments are in the public domain (I've just read them) and to say that they are mixed is being polite!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
The comments are in the public domain (I've just read them) and to say that they are mixed is being polite!
Cripes - off for a look. Be right back 🏃‍♀️

ETA found it. Blimey. Not good. They all seem a bit baffled as to the point of it. Written from the point of 'white privileged female' and 'judgemental, superior' were a couple of comments. Advising women to get over the trauma of childbirth as it only lasts a day and at the end you have a baby.
Sounds like a bit of a car crash tbh.

There is another influencer, Lily Pebbles, who wrote a book a few years ago. About female friendship. Lots of hype around it. Anyway it got absolutely slaughtered on Amazon. Worth having a look. She got quite a lot of ridicule over it and from memory took a break from SM. I blame publishers as well tbh, they keep enabling these 'advice' books by a particular demographic.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I have honestly not ever considered having an official policy on which queue to join at the supermarket. I go with shortest. Sali, babes, life is hard enough.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Everyone knows that whichever queue you choose it will be the wrong one. It’s basic physics. Or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I have honestly not ever considered having an official policy on which queue to join at the supermarket. I go with shortest. Sali, babes, life is hard enough.
I know, that's what I would do. But I'm beginning to rethink all my life choices now. I've been doing it all wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Those reviews have the measure of her anyway. I guess we’re not all nuts after all. Or at least, not the only ones.

You’d be morto.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Advising women to get over the trauma of childbirth as it only lasts a day and at the end you have a baby.
Sounds like a bit of a car crash tbh.
Good grief. I haven't done it myself, but this is a piss-poor attitude from somebody who has.

I'm also very glad those reviews reflect what we've been saying here. Not just the opinion of 30 beef-faced incels after all, eh?

Reactions: 13
Do others find it laughably loathsome that she is that arrogant she thinks she has such superior knowledge on everything and anything, to dispense to us plebs? Hope the sheer hubris massively backfires on her and her book gets panned and mocked. She's just an average influencer not the oracle, ffs 🙄

Reactions: 19
Good grief. I haven't done it myself, but this is a piss-poor attitude from somebody who has.

I'm also very glad those reviews reflect what we've been saying here. Not just the opinion of 30 beef-faced incels after all, eh?
I wonder if this will be a massive misstep?
Sali is now only used to fawning comments from IG and her FB group. No comments on her Guardian column means she has made an echo chamber.
Only criticism comes from here and we can all be dismissed as jealous, ugly trolls.
Her odd self imposed rules are just probably laughed at fondly by her 'girlfriends'. 'Oh Sali you're so quirky and fun'. Interesting to see what people outside that bubble will think.

Reactions: 24
Omg - that is good info. How unusual is it for books to be archived that quickly? Would Sali or her publisher have had any say in the matter?
And the best queue is the one with people doing large shops? Eh?
I must say I cannot wait for it to be published now 😂
I have to say I’ve never known one be archived so quickly and often you get sent your copy to review several weeks after requesting, I just got the latest Taylor Jenkins Reid despite it being a month since I asked, for reference that book still isn’t archived despite being due for publication a week before Sal and has had 267 reviews, not the 6 she has had!

I don’t know the exact timing but I would say her book was only available for 2 weeks at the most, finally I would add it’s rare to see 2* reviews because people tend to give generous reviews, a combination of not wanting to annoy publishers and they haven’t paid, very telling!

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.