Sali Hughes #43 Where's Wali? She's a lot of a wally a lot of the time

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So some poor copy editor had to spend hours removing her tortured metaphors and deleting every third excess adjective. She likely cost more than she (thinks she) saved.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
So some poor copy editor had to spend hours removing her tortured metaphors and deleting every third excess adjective. She likely cost more than she (thinks she) saved.
Based on her intro, which you can read via Amazon, it would appear that the copy editor was Sali herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’ve done several tax returns for my friends - in return for lunch. I wouldn’t charge them anyway, but if I did I could be assuming professional responsibility and I don’t have my own liability insurance so really I should only ever give them helpful tips that they can choose to use or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
good god she’s just awful 😬😬😬 . also who cares if you’re mates? it’s still his job to cut hair!! pay him for it!! ffs you can’t virtue signal on one hand and then be a tight fisted twit with the other 🤦🏻‍♀️

ps. in defense of my punctuation comment - i do an english lit/art history degree so i promise i can actually write - however there is a certain ~casual~ tone used on social media / in texts and punctuation is not de rigueur. which is why it makes me cringe when people do it. frivolous, yes, but someone asked hahah

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Bloody hell. I’m absolutely cringing at the fore-lock tugging mental gymnastics being performed by Adrian at SheHereshesons. He’s actually falling over himself to excuse her for repeatedly not paying for his services and continuing to do so at time when we are told beauty service providers are on their arses. These ‘influencers’ and PR companies have really done a number on service providers.

We should feel sorry for them for their gullibility and brainwashing but instead it’s actually infuriating as prices have GONE UP for us plebs 🤬 because y’know ‘the industry is struggling’. Struggling to subsidise the free weekly 2hr stints in the chair for the likes of Wali, you mean? Boils my piss.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Personally I feel that old school influencer is shade, even if it's not intended that way. She prefers to think of herself as a journalist or expert. Maybe that's why she decided to bite back with the comment about how her free work was worth thousands

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Personally I feel that old school influencer is shade, even if it's not intended that way. She prefers to think of herself as a journalist or expert. Maybe that's why she decided to bite back with the comment about how her free work was worth thousands
Yep, thousands at our expense. Especially with those lovely price increases 💸.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Next thread title right there!

Sali Hughes #43 Old school influencer

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
If Hershesons has been doing her hair for free because the owner is a friend why, until recently, has she been labelling her appointments there as #presstreatment?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
And is she also great friends with the eyebrow lady who refuses to take payment? It's almost as if she knows she's taking the piss

Reactions: 16
Omg just read the Adrian/Wali stuff. I am almost speechless.
If these two can't see how their cosy little arrangement looks then they are both bleeping idiots. They might both be happy with it but the optics are so off and tone deaf (especially) in this present climate it is astonishing. Their personal thoughts on it are almost irrelevant tbh.
I still don't get why she can't just pay? Nothing in her explanation covers that.
Oh and she pays for a lot of other treatments? Well hoo bleeping ray.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
She says 'I pay for my nails, my lashes, most of my colour and many more things'. She doesn't pay for hair or eyebrows. What 'many more things' are there that need to be attended to?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Because she is still so ridiculously coy about botox and fillers even though it's as plain as day she gets both

• Haha
Reactions: 23
So she is friends with the owner, Mr Hereresheshon, therefore gets free appointments. So she makes an appointment, which is usually free, with Adrian who works at Hershershershersons as a self-employed stylist and does not know who Wali is. So what happened at “time to pay”? And if it’s a gift from a friend why is it #presstreatment not #gifted

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.