Sali Hughes #43 Where's Wali? She's a lot of a wally a lot of the time

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @Gold_7 and @Disillusioned for a perfect mashup of suggestions for a thread title.

Last thread recap:

* Highlight! Former racist David Baddiel did a documentary about online trolls. Sali appeared trudging across Brighton's shingle beach. She talked about us again. There are 30 of us. We've been mean.
* Sali and Jo Jones have a new admirer! He even talked about them! He is like, so totally cute!
Sali and Jacob Rees Mogg up a tree K.I.S.S.I.N.G

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Thanks for the new thread! Like the total basic (or is it textbook?) that I am, I'm going to also give myself some credit for coming up with Where's Wally that then gave way to @Gold_7 's genius Wali!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Thanks to @Gold_7 and @Disillusioned for a perfect mashup of suggestions for a thread title.

Last thread recap:

* Highlight! Former racist David Baddiel did a documentary about online trolls. Sali appeared trudging across Brighton's shingle beach. She talked about us again. There are 30 of us. We've been mean.
* Sali and Jo Jones have a new admirer! He even talked about them! He is like, so totally cute!
Sali and Jacob Rees Mogg up a tree K.I.S.S.I.N.G
Ha the trudging slowly over wet sand shingle reminded me of this and now I can’t help but imagine Sali in this video 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Ha the trudging slowly over wet sand shingle reminded me of this and now I can’t help but imagine Sali in this video 😂
You don’t have to imagine! She was an extra in it… the jumping teddy bear. And she did the makeup, obvs.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm still in disbelief that she had a psychologist pour over these threads and ascribe personality types to us all. Is this really a service that psychologists provide? Can I give them a list of facebook profiles such as my ex boyfriend, the annoying man at work, a girl I fell out with in primary school, former boss and so on so a psychologist can tell me what category they're in?

Also if this psychologist told her exactly what she wanted to hear she sounds like a pretty terrible psychologist if you ask me

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Like the total basic (or is it textbook?) that I am
You know, like when you were first learning a language at school and you’d have, say, a “Basic French” Textbook? Surely that means that the two things aren’t mutually exclusive and we can in fact be basic textbook?

Does anyone know a psychologist they can confirm this with? Or the Pharmacist, or a Podiatrist or someone?

I'm still in disbelief that she had a psychologist pour over these threads and ascribe personality types to us all.
I don’t believe for one second this really happened. But if it did, you’re right, that is a truly terrible psychologist

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don’t believe for one second this really happened. But if it did, you’re right, that is a truly terrible psychologist
Yes, you would think a psychologist would help her to understand and untangle quite why these threads affect her so much - when she doesn't have to read them, and she has massive uncritical validation on her other SM - thousands of people telling her how wonderful and pretty she is as opposed to 30 meanies here. And she says she doesn't believe anything we say anyway.
These psychologists seem to have told her 'well they are all horrid and stupid anyway so don't worry about it'.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Yes, you would think a psychologist would help her to understand and untangle quite why these threads affect her so much - when she doesn't have to read them, and she has massive uncritical validation on her other SM - thousands of people telling her how wonderful and pretty she is as opposed to 30 meanies here. And she says she doesn't believe anything we say anyway.
These psychologists seem to have told her 'well they are all horrid and stupid anyway so don't worry about it'.
She’s definitely talked to a real psychologist - just as sure as her hair is silver.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
If it helps SH to look deal with the fact that people have opinions about her and her work and that she's chosen to pursue work that blurs work/life so be it. But psychologists can/will reduce all social interactions/group dynamics to types of roles individuals play within the group. This would apply to, for an example plucked from the air, SH's putative friendship group in the early days if twitter- the cocktail party years, if you will - as much as interactions and roles fulfilled here. All interactions and motives can be rendered predictable by a psychologist's template. Let's not forget that the psychologist who appeared on the File on 4 prog commented on the legality of posts on Tattle (though not specifically on SH's thread) something she not qualified to do. Goto talking heads on tv/radio are not necessarily the best in their field. Sometimes they are chosen and continue to feature because they are able to give simple, soundbite-like explanations in a few minutes on a documentary or rolling news. They're not there to actually offer insight just to give a veneer of scientific respectability to hacky stupid programmes which are mostly 1st person highly editorialised tripe.
If it's helped SH all power to her but it doesn't make it accurate. Whatever gers you through the night, Sal.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Thing is, the focus is on us, not her.
She should look within to try and understand why this bothers her so much - it would do her a lot more good than trying to find a way to scare us or shut down the site.

If you choose to be in the public eye, you need a thicker skin. I don’t wish her harm or even a bad career trajectory, honestly I don’t care enough (despite my 16 hour shifts!) and I’m too old to have ill will towards most people ( I make specific exceptions for racists, homophones and other assorted -phobes).

This all started because she was not honest - and it continues because her online persona has become a caricature.
If she wants to be a “celebrity”, with the free haircuts and the swanky parties, she needs to be able to take some criticism.

Otherwise, she can just do the column - crazy as it may sound, it is not actually affected by how many lav selfies she takes.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
But psychologists can/will reduce all social interactions/group dynamics to types of roles individuals play within the group. This would apply to, for an example plucked from the air, SH's putative friendship group in the early days if twitter- the cocktail party years, if you will - as much as interactions and roles fulfilled here.
If you've not worked it out yet SH was "that one who tries to say the funniest, most horrible thing"
#MichelleHeatonalwayslookslikeshegotsloppysecondsonKatiesBotoxneedle
#whenPlayboygirlbitesherlipsIcanseethecowsarsefatmovingthroughthemlikeanaddereatingabird

• Haha
Reactions: 11
omg I was singing this to myself when I saw that still from the show, but I didn't want to start a whole Morrissey thing on here

• Haha
Reactions: 6
If you've not worked it out yet SH was "that one who tries to say the funniest, most horrible thing"
#whenPlayboygirlbitesherlipsIcanseethecowsarsefatmovingthroughthemlikeanaddereatingabird
Funny how being awful on Twitter used to be ok, and even encouraged / expected. provided you were from a very specific London media set.

omg I was singing this to myself when I saw that still from the show, but I didn't want to start a whole Morrissey thing on here
I’ll hang my head in shame and admit: I bloody love that song 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I should add that I have also been that poster on here at times so don'tmean any shade in saying that, well maybe a bit, most markedly in the lead up and fall out of Freaky Friday but it was due to my experiencing a really pronounced bipolar manic episode. At times that could possibly have been mistaken for "troll boner" too.
But I'm not *always* that poster. Our roles are fluid not fixed, some more than others. Just as SH is both the person who gained friends by showing off her bitchiness during he cocktail party years of twitter and is no doubt a kind, generous and supportive friend irl (which I don't doubt she is). Psychological analysis of content in isolation from the content creator (that's me and you 🤭) has limitations and only gets you so far if you want actual knowledge and understanding not just a tool to manage a headlock (even though I think it's perfectly valid and if it helps, go for it Sal).

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Morrissey's managed to ruin his songs all by himself by being such a massive bellend.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Psychological analysis of content in isolation from the content creator (that's me and you 🤭) has limitations and only gets you so far if you want actual knowledge and understanding not just a tool to manage a headlock (even though I think it's perfectly valid and if it helps, go for it Sal).
Headfuck that should be. I am very much not trying to excuse, explain or justify my posts here btw.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.