Sali Hughes #42 Fifty shades of not actually grey.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Melfish, I couldn’t quote you from the last thread re: squatproof leggings but have you tried the high waisted built in sculpt compression ones from Old Navy? ( I just looked for you and they’ve aggravatingly changed all the names, so I’m pretty sure they’re now the power press ones https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/prod...vy Active:Activewear Bottoms#pdp-page-content) I’ve never paid full price so usually get them for $20-$25 depending on the offer. I’m a 29-30 inside leg and the 7/8 length hit at my ankle. I wear one size down from my usual cos my usual size did bag, but once you get them UP (that’s the tricky part) they stay put through all manner of exercise! They literally do not move!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Melfish, I couldn’t quote you from the last thread re: squatproof leggings but have you tried the high waisted built in sculpt compression ones from Old Navy? ( I just looked for you and they’ve aggravatingly changed all the names, so I’m pretty sure they’re now the power press ones https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=346162172&cid=1181192&pcid=1031032&vid=1&nav=hamnav:Women & Women's Plus:Old Navy Active:Activewear Bottoms#pdp-page-content) I’ve never paid full price so usually get them for $20-$25 depending on the offer. I’m a 29-30 inside leg and the 7/8 length hit at my ankle. I wear one size down from my usual cos my usual size did bag, but once you get them UP (that’s the tricky part) they stay put through all manner of exercise! They literally do not move!
Thanks! I'll order a pair. I have the same inside leg so that's really helpful 😘
I've also ordered a Uniqlo pair after another recommendation in the last thread, so thanks to that person too

Reactions: 2
What's a chad?
I thought everyone would know this! Am clearly showing my age.
Chads originated in the early 1900s and have drifted in and out of popular culture ever since. I think I first saw them in the 80s in part due to Hi-de-Hi of all things.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Urban dictionary says: "a stereotypical young urban white male, typically single and in his 20s" and I was struggling to relate that to the photo

I didn't know they had a name but that photo did also remind me of those Wot no... cartoon characters. I left school in 1980, for reference.

I thought everyone would know this! Am clearly showing my age.
Chads originated in the early 1900s and have drifted in and out of popular culture ever since. I think I first saw them in the 80s in part due to Hi-de-Hi of all things.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Ah I thought Chad was an incel term and was v confused. Your Chad is much nicer
(I fell for a head who spent too much time on Reddit)

Reactions: 8
His (Jack Martin) reviews are very mixed though. I think it’s very expensive to do and the results are often unpredictable (in general).

CRZ Yoga’s leggings from Amazon are cheap and comparable to Lululemon for me. I don’t expect to get as much wear out of them but I’ve got pairs still going after six months of 2/3 times a week wear and wash.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
On the subject of hair products, I got a sample of Ouai thick hair shampoo and conditioner. They are amazing and my hair feels great, however I won't be buying due to the very strong smell, I can still smell them in my hair, like a very musky perfume. So annoying!

Reactions: 3
Really interesting stuff from Lab Muffin about the dodgy behaviour of influencer derms. Just because they're board certified doesn't mean they behave ethically online, nor that they don't talk crap.
This link is to her Stories so will expire within a day though she has some posts too

Edit- my link has been altered. Go to her profile if you want to see her story https://instagram.com/labmuffinbeautyscience?utm_medium=copy_link

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Really interesting stuff from Lab Muffin about the dodgy behaviour of influencer derms. Just because they're board certified doesn't mean they behave ethically online, nor that they don't talk crap.
This link is to her Stories so will expire within a day though she has some posts too

Edit- my link has been altered. Go to her profile if you want to see her story https://instagram.com/labmuffinbeautyscience?utm_medium=copy_link
It it great to see her encouraging people to think critically about dermatologists they follow and their sponsorships/brand deals/advice. But I wish she and her fellow scientists who are also skincare influencers would extend the criticism to unqualified skincare influencers like Hirons.

Reactions: 14
Urban dictionary says: "a stereotypical young urban white male, typically single and in his 20s" and I was struggling to relate that to the photo
According to Wikipedia the Australian version was Foo as in "Foo was here" 🤷‍♀️ but it's not clear if it was accompanied by the picture or not. It's seems yo have originated during wartime amongst troops and there's various versions https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilroy_was_here
The incel Chad is an archetype of guys women want to shag in contrast to inadequate incel types.
Screenshot_20211129-133736_Chrome.jpg

Contrapoints video on Incels is very good on incel beliefs/culture if anyone's interested

• Sick
Reactions: 4

I've said this before on the Hirons threads but influencer derms are the same as any other influencers just with more qualifications

There are exceptions though such as Dr Shereene Idris

Reactions: 6

Thanks for sharing, that's really interesting.
I just watched an Instagram video by anjalimahto which was linked on Lab Muffin's page. I think I've learned more from her, in half an hour, than I learned in years of watching Sam Bunting on You Tube.

I've said this before on the Hirons threads but influencer derms are the same as any other influencers just with more qualifications

There are exceptions though such as Dr Shereene Idris
It's nuts, taking skin advice from Sali or Hirons. Neither has any medical medical training or even knowledge of basic skin biology in Sali's case (I don't follow Hirons so no idea how clueless she is). Why are people so easily led?

ETA: "medical medical". Like out out 🤪

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.