Sali Hughes #42 Fifty shades of not actually grey.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you @Jade Mitzi for the thread title! In case people have no idea what it refers to here is a handy visual aid 👇
(I mean wtaf 😂)

1638047372959.png

Quick recap of last thread:

* Sali seems to have moved into Hershesonsons.
* Though there was a hiatus and brief flirtation with Sam McKnight (obviously not a real flirtation. I shouldn't have to bloody explain that it is a not very funny comedic exaggeration - along the lines of selling your children etc etc but some people do need the obvious explained).
* Sali has started a series of 'In the posh bogger with Sali Hughes' vignettes. As thrilling as it sounds.
* She is all about the sports lux now. Always has been.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I had forgotten all about that 😆

i saw the stilted Cult Beauty thing earlier, could she be more insincere? I see the disgusting Michael Hogan appears again, managing to single handedly make charity a dirty word.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Sadly, my mum would rub lipstick on my cheeks when I was looking ‘peaky’ as a young girl...yes, she was a troubled woman! And yes it affected me somewhat. Makes the Victoria blusher kind of nostalgic for me though, bizarrely.

• Heart
The skincare thread is a bit quiet- can anyone recommend a good shampoo and conditioner? Function of Beauty have halved the sizes of their bottles but not halved the price so I’m looking to move on after 3 years of using them.

I have straight hair, medium thickness, prone to an oily scalp but dry ends as I dye my hair (myself. And not blonde or ‘grey’).Must be sls and parabens free and preferably with minimal silicones. Big Brucey Bonus if you can buy salon sized bottles as I like to bulk buy in the hopes that it at least slightly reduces my plastic use overall. Have previously used Alterna, Ojon, L’Oreal Professional and maybe some others I’ve forgotten about.

Reactions: 1
Why is this deemed worthy of a social platform announcement, Christ she’s needy!
I know! Why?
Every mundane thought she haves she seems to want to put on SM, with accompanying photo.
@HotesTilaire yes that particular coldsore photo has Paul Weller vibes, also a bit of Iggy Pop. I could imagine it as an album cover of his.

• Haha
The skincare thread is a bit quiet- can anyone recommend a good shampoo and conditioner? Function of Beauty have halved the sizes of their bottles but not halved the price so I’m looking to move on after 3 years of using them.

I have straight hair, medium thickness, prone to an oily scalp but dry ends as I dye my hair (myself. And not blonde or ‘grey’).Must be sls and parabens free and preferably with minimal silicones. Big Brucey Bonus if you can buy salon sized bottles as I like to bulk buy in the hopes that it at least slightly reduces my plastic use overall. Have previously used Alterna, Ojon, L’Oreal Professional and maybe some others I’ve forgotten about.
Have you tried Olaplex? The conditioner is a bit too thick so that's a bit of a hassle but the shampoo smells great and my hair (long, straight, dyed) likes it. I have seen big bottles in a few online shops here. So they exist, haven't ordered them myself yet, I'm still using up what I have but I have thought about getting big bottles despite the hefty price tag.

Reactions: 5
Have you tried Olaplex? The conditioner is a bit too thick so that's a bit of a hassle but the shampoo smells great and my hair (long, straight, dyed) likes it. I have seen big bottles in a few online shops here. So they exist, haven't ordered them myself yet, I'm still using up what I have but I have thought about getting big bottles despite the hefty price tag.
I haven’t, but people do have good things to say about it! Thank you 😊

Reactions: 1
Another vote for Olaplex. I have oily roots and dry ends, medium texture but ridiculous amounts of hair so prone to looking flat on top and bushy at the ends. I bought an olaplex bundle in the sale and it’s definitely made my hair easier to manage. It’s ‘spendy’ (vom) but really concentrated so you only need small amounts each wash. I also use Moroccan Oil on the ends and love that too.

Reactions: 2
I love Olaplex .

I have bleached blonde hair and am a straightener addict ( pesky wavy hair!) Olaplex saves it from downright catastrophe.

Reactions: 3

I’m a big fan of Davines myself, having used FOB in the past. So maybe have a look at them.

Reactions: 4
I stole this pic from mumsnet - it is not a pic of a mumsnetter, it's a pic to illustrate what going from brunette to grey looks like. Our Sal's hair looks nothing like it 😂
large-388601-silver.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 13
What's a chad?

I see Sali is into eye serums now. But only $$$$ eye serums, naturally

Why is she pretending like scoring £5 off makes a single bit of difference to her when she just got through telling us dropping £88 on a whim means nothing. It's so freaking disingenuous

With her £600 pound Celine trainers :rolleyes:

Stop insulting your followers

*sneakers, Sali doesn't work out in case you missed the bulletin

I don't think my yarmulke suits me

Last edited:
  • Haha
This is the work of Jack Martin - he gets fabulous results. Shame for Sali he doesn’t work at Hershesons.
It's fantastic. If I ever get the urge to go grey, I'll go to him.

Bet his wait list is years long.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.