Sali Hughes #41 Head and Shoulders above the rest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Public service announcement: you don't have to make do with a jacket from Zara if you'd like to emulate Sali's latest look. It's not sold out at all like she said on IG! It is only available on Matches in an 8 or 12 (and stock's low on those sizes). But they've got all sizes on Net-A-Porter, £895.00 to us plebs who don't have the benefit of a press discount. As Sali neglected to tell everyone it's NILI LOTAN DIANE HOUNDSTOOTH WOOL-BLEND BLAZER in BROWN. There's no need for anyone to pay a tenth of the price at Zara

It looks charity shop men's section. I do not mean it looks cute, it must be vintage. I mean even smelly old men would no longer wear it.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Omg that jacket is hideous 😬 What the hell was she thinking? Tally ho! 🐴🏇
And such a minor quibble but a couple of weeks ago her whole family loved and only used Aveda hair stuff, now the whole family love and only use that Garnier stuff (which I found awful. Incredibly drying).

I find her downplaying how expensive face gunk is a bit disingenuous tbh. Is Augustus wotsit stuff worth £200? Well obviously bleeping not. Of course not. No matter how rich you are. It isn't relative - it is obviously not worth that much money. Because it is an extremely temporary fix that sits on your no doubt botoxed tweaked face - base ingredients probably costing around £40 max (figure plucked out of the ether - I've no idea 😂). But this nonsense pretending there are holy grail products available to the super rich is bonkers - all hype designed to make us want more and more, while feeling more dissatisfied. Sali is as culpable as the rest, disguised in a 'people keep asking - you don't need it but it is so good' kind of way. Shameless.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Public service announcement: you don't have to make do with a jacket from Zara if you'd like to emulate Sali's latest look. It's not sold out at all like she said on IG! It is only available on Matches in an 8 or 12 (and stock's low on those sizes). But they've got all sizes on Net-A-Porter, £895.00 to us plebs who don't have the benefit of a press discount. As Sali neglected to tell everyone it's NILI LOTAN DIANE HOUNDSTOOTH WOOL-BLEND BLAZER in BROWN. There's no need for anyone to pay a tenth of the price at Zara

[/URL][/URL]
But this season she's only bought a green shirt and a child's jumper. She said so.

ETA: Nili Lotan really is a brand for people with more money than sense.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Omg that jacket is hideous 😬 What the hell was she thinking? Tally ho! 🐴🏇
And such a minor quibble but a couple of weeks ago her whole family loved and only used Aveda hair stuff, now the whole family love and only use that Garnier stuff (which I found awful. Incredibly drying).

I find her downplaying how expensive face gunk is a bit disingenuous tbh. Is Augustus wotsit stuff worth £200? Well obviously bleeping not. Of course not. No matter how rich you are. It isn't relative - it is obviously not worth that much money. Because it is an extremely temporary fix that sits on your no doubt botoxed tweaked face - base ingredients probably costing around £40 max (figure plucked out of the ether - I've no idea 😂). But this nonsense pretending there are holy grail products available to the super rich is bonkers - all hype designed to make us want more and more, while feeling more dissatisfied. Sali is as culpable as the rest, disguised in a 'people keep asking - you don't need it but it is so good' kind of way. Shameless.
Jelly, I normally agree with everything you say. In fact sometimes I don't bother commenting on something because I know you'll be along in a minute to say exactly what I'd have said. But I do think that whether something is worth the cost is relative to how much money you have. Whether it's a reasonable price is another matter - I'm sure the mark-up on the cost of ingredients is enormous. And I do agree that it just adds to dissatisfaction.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
How have they managed to make tiny thumbellina Sali look like a normal sized lady (Claudia) is it a trick of the camera angle, or CGI?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I think you are right. I always thought she must feel deep shame and mortification wasting everyone's time and getting all these endless freebies for her hair to look so bleeping minging - but you are right - she loves it. Swanning in and out shouting out to reception 'yes that's right - Luke says it's covered. Yes Sali Hughes. Journalist' as bewildered paying plebs think 'what the duck?' and wonder if they should go elsewhere.
She once said - I think when hairdressers re-opened after lockdown - that she loved everything about going to the hairdresser. I was struck by that because I hate everything about going to the hairdresser.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
She once said - I think when hairdressers re-opened after lockdown - that she loved everything about going to the hairdresser. I was struck by that because I hate everything about going to the hairdresser.
I hate hairdressers so much. Looking like a drowned rat in front of the mirror, the passive aggressive comments about my hair, the boiling hot water used when washing my hair and how they scrub it until my scalp is sore, the fear they'll cut more than I asked for.. Granted, I wasn't going to places like Hersheshons but still.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It looks charity shop men's section. I do not mean it looks cute, it must be vintage. I mean even smelly old men would no longer wear it.
I’ve just picked up a very similar never worn M&S one from a charity shop for £12. Also a black jaeger blazer. I love a charity shop!
Also, and chuck me out, but I really like those shoes - in black with black sheer tights 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I hate hairdressers so much. Looking like a drowned rat in front of the mirror, the passive aggressive comments about my hair, the boiling hot water used when washing my hair and how they scrub it until my scalp is sore, the fear they'll cut more than I asked for.. Granted, I wasn't going to places like Hersheshons but still.
...the pain in your neck from the backwash, water temperature alternating between too hot and too cold, water trickling down your neck, the noise from the massed hairdryers, pulling your hair when blow-drying, burning your head with the hairdryer, burning the side of your face with the tongs (that happened at Hershesons), having to stare at yourself with an unflattering black robe up to your chin, the inane chatter of the hairdresser, the uncomfortable silences, the exorbitant cost...

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
The only thing I like about going to the hairdressers is the head massage. Everything else is diabolical, including the chitchat and especially staring at yourself in the mirror

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’m friendly with my hairdresser and like going, because I know she won’t mess up my hair. I used to get to read the old OK magazines, have a decent cuppa, feel like a new woman coming out. Always got clumsy and awkward when paying and tipping. I think it’s 19 years I’ve been seeing her...

Reactions: 9
I love my hairdresser but she wears awful cheap fake nails and I dread the hair wash. My poor scalp is sore for days after 😩

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
That picture is truly, truly bizarre. It looks like she was sitting on the toilet when she inexplicably decided to bend forward from the waist and take a picture of her feet.

i can just imagine her musing “hmmm I wonder what my feet look like when I’m having a piss?” and being so enamored of the results that she posted them online- but in black and white so it’s particularly ‘arty’.

We know how much She Here loves a toilet selfie- this is just her taking it to the next level 😆

(ETA this from melfish on page 2 of this thread “They'd monetise taking a poop if they could”. I think she’s taken your comment as a suggestion, Mel, and followed through- so to speak! 💩 💰 😂 )

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
She looks so different in those Head&Shite ads from the photos she takes of herself (I can’t say she’s the only one, and I am certainly guilty of this as I am borderline phobic about having my photo taken by someone else and seeing what I really look like),

I would count my hairdresser as a good friend over of 20 years, excellent at what he does and in a very friendly, relaxed, beautiful environment - yet I still feel all the energy drain out of me when I am looking down the barrel of 3 hours in the chair.

• Heart
Another big PR event firmly declined by Sali. As she’s said so many times, she stays home in her comfies watching TV.

Ah.

CB585D04-D26C-42E5-A950-286ACC4FD60E.png

She said this in 2019… The hypocrisy 😂

47DBBA3D-21F7-4A38-90D6-0C5474FE1CB7.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Hairdresser chat! Mine is bloody brilliant - he's pretty grumpy early in the day so he's quiet apart from some movie chat. £20 for a cut, I go in with wet hair and am out 20 minutes later with less wet hair. I tip very well so he'll fit me in before the other appointments if he's booked up. I hope he never retires!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh I love the hairdresser. It's two hours of sitting down, reading my book, drinking coffee and with someone touching my head. Best part is the need massage at the backwash.

The inane shite chat pales into insignificance.

Reactions: 6
You are my people! I thought I was the only one. I don't get how people make this out to be some kind of pampering procedure. It's torture.
Haven't been for 2 years or so. I just trim it myself. Tbh it doesn't look THAT different from She Here's.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.