Sali Hughes #41 Head and Shoulders above the rest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's so strange to me that she clobbered over Jamie Genevieve's new line but is indifferent about LE. We all know which one her demographic is more interested in
What are the thoughts on the new LE foundation? Thumbs up from me. Tried my sample card on Saturday and was suitably impressed with its wear throughout the day that I ordered a full size on Sunday… and another lipstick to justify free delivery!😉

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It's so strange to me that she slobbered over Jamie Genevieve's new line but is indifferent about LE. We all know which one her demographic is more interested in

Edit: typo
What was the response to the LE enquiry? Recently bought her lipsticks and love them. Foundation en route. And I love her engagement with her followers; she or one of her team responds to every query and are super professional. She comes across as a lady. Also her skin is TDF.

What are the thoughts on the new LE foundation? Thumbs up from me. Tried my sample card on Saturday and was suitably impressed with its wear throughout the day that I ordered a full size on Sunday… and another lipstick to justify free delivery!😉
Snap! Lipstick fell in bag to get that free delivery 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I loved the sample when I recently got some lipsticks so my foundation is en route

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m reading Red magazine and there’s an article about the next big thing in beauty being kindness (which apparently is cool again, according to CEO of Cult Beauty). Beauty Banks is cited as a “prime example” of this 🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
What was the response to the LE enquiry? Recently bought her lipsticks and love them. Foundation en route. And I love her engagement with her followers; she or one of her team responds to every query and are super professional. She comes across as a lady. Also her skin is TDF.

Snap! Lipstick fell in bag to get that free delivery 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I loved the sample when I recently got some lipsticks so my foundation is en route
Response was short and typically bristly:

‘Not tried it yet’

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Someone mentioned another Head & Shoulders ad with the delightful pair both in a bath? Here it is. Could Sal look more awkward?? The advertising team were clearly inspired by Claudia’s ITBW where they did seem to get on. Foresically remove any glimmer of life and you have…

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
The bath Ad is slightly amateur but nowhere need as bad as “scalp IS skin Argh!” The other clips make a little more sense now.

Reactions: 7
Well if you’d seen the bath chat before “ask me about scalps again and I’ll lose my tit” or “oily-CLEANSE dry-Moisturise” you know why they’re just talking about those things.
H&S have done She Here dirty

Reactions: 5
I’m reading Red magazine and there’s an article about the next big thing in beauty being kindness (which apparently is cool again, according to CEO of Cult Beauty). Beauty Banks is cited as a “prime example” of this 🙄🙄🙄🙄
Aww that's cute. I wonder what role 'kindness' played in Cult Beautys billion dollar acquisition?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The quote is " If the product is free then you are the product". Also...Get. Your. Hair. CUT. Sali. Its lank and draining and aging
And it's also applicable to free "expert content".

I do think that SH talks about expensive skincare in a fairly responsible way. Leaving aside (if one can) that her role as an influencer is to encourage people to buy stuff, I think she gives a fair response to the question 'Is this incredibly expensive moisturiser worth it?' I.e. Yes if money is no object but no if it's a choice between that and a winter coat.

I suppose I'm comparing particularly with Caroline Hirons and the frenzied spending she appears to encourage around her expensive skincare 'kits'. I know she says something like 'don't put skincare on your credit card' but her actions seem to say otherwise.
I agree about what SH said in the video about whether what she called "super luxe" products are "worth it". She rather undermined her point though by liking a comment that said something to the effect of "I love your videos but my credit card doesn't".

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
It does! 🤣 I absolutely could not be arsed to spend anywhere near the time she does on her Halloween wig. I don’t really enjoy going to the hairdresser - I find it a chore and usually leave much longer between appointments than I should - but she must love the experience of waltzing in like the huge celeb she is (😒), only seeing the head colourist/stylist, being fawned over and given the special treatment and then walking out hours later without even putting her hand in her bloody pocket! She must get such a kick out of it.
I think you are right. I always thought she must feel deep shame and mortification wasting everyone's time and getting all these endless freebies for her hair to look so bleeping minging - but you are right - she loves it. Swanning in and out shouting out to reception 'yes that's right - Luke says it's covered. Yes Sali Hughes. Journalist' as bewildered paying plebs think 'what the duck?' and wonder if they should go elsewhere.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Public service announcement: you don't have to make do with a jacket from Zara if you'd like to emulate Sali's latest look. It's not sold out at all like she said on IG! It is only available on Matches in an 8 or 12 (and stock's low on those sizes). But they've got all sizes on Net-A-Porter, £895.00 to us plebs who don't have the benefit of a press discount. As Sali neglected to tell everyone it's NILI LOTAN DIANE HOUNDSTOOTH WOOL-BLEND BLAZER in BROWN. There's no need for anyone to pay a tenth of the price at Zara

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
There’s something slightly surrealist about this image.

Plus it really was an absolute bastard of a Bad Hair Day for poor Sal…

1D178145-0F37-4C0C-8F9B-B2456864F538.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.