Sali Hughes #40 The carbon footprint on that hair.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In what way is using lilac shampoo a faff? I thought it was applied like ordinary shampoo? 🤷🏻‍♀️
I'm often struck by what she does and doesn't consider a faff.

Can't be bothered to apply more than one serum in the morning (time requirement: 30 seconds) but can be bothered to adopt a hair maintenance routine that involves visits to three separate London establishments, faffy shampoos and constant intensive conditioning (time requirement: endless).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I might be wrong but maybe it needs to be left on for a few minutes?
Oh Ok, then I’m with Sali on that one. I can’t bear waiting around in the shower for a product to soak in or whatever. That’s why I leave my hair rather unprocessed so I can get away with just a 30 second conditioner.
But it’s exactly like @Aude said, Sali has a strange way of deciding what’s too much faff (mixing two drops of foundation) and what is worth a Lot of faff (candy floss blonde hair that’s supposed to be silver.) As usual her logic defeats me.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The hair thing still blows my mind. And for what, to nuke a tiny amount of barely noticeable greys? Apart from the costs (which she ain't paying) imagine the *time* that goes into the upkeep. I only hope that no 'Salinistas' were influenced into recreating the same as the costs would surely be out of control for someone who doesn't have Luke H on speed dial

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I am beef faced and old enough to remember the 80s when Batiste was the only dry shampoo you could buy. I understand why people use it but IMO (don't cancel me) if you need to put something on your hair so it looks washed why don't you just wash it??? However I am also a person who has to wash their hair (it is greasy) every day because if I don't I just don't feel clean.
Bright hair is a reason - I dye my hair silly colours (or rather, I have it dyed by a hairdresser. Yes, just one hairdresser, like a peasant 🤣🤣) 🤣) and washing it more than 2/3 times a week would dramatically reduce the time it takes for all the colour to wash off my hair.
I’m also lucky as my hair doesn’t get too greasy so I can make it work but I use dry shampoo occasionally.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Oh Ok, then I’m with Sali on that one. I can’t bear waiting around in the shower for a product to soak in or whatever. That’s why I leave my hair rather unprocessed so I can get away with just a 30 second conditioner.
But it’s exactly like @Aude said, Sali has a strange way of deciding what’s too much faff (mixing two drops of foundation) and what is worth a Lot of faff (candy floss blonde hair that’s supposed to be silver.) As usual her logic defeats me.
Those purple shampoos are best left for a couple of mins, though not too long or you’ll end up with a blue rinse.

TBH though, most ‘deep conditioners’ etc don’t need leaving on for efficacy purposes as the chemistry works pretty much straight away. The 10 min+ leave on times are more of a marketing thing to make the products feel more ‘spa-like’ and justify their high cost.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I only hope that no 'Salinistas' were influenced into recreating the same as the costs would surely be out of control for someone who doesn't have Luke H on speed dial
Some of them were already going grey (there was a thread, I mean), but I note that right after Sali went “grey”, one of the regulars posted this 🤪.

“ Fully embracing the grey. Pic taken by Adrian at Hersheson's after he cut my hair last week.”

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
My long, thick but fine hair is happiest washed once a week. When I tried the glycolic scalp treatment it lasted 10 days. I use a clean side of a silk pillowcase every night - they wash well in the machine.

Reactions: 13
@SavetheDrama What would you consider a silly colour? Just being curious…
Currently my hair is blue and purple. I do almost exclusively vivids like that (pink, green, purples, blues, etc) for most of the year and then I take a break and go natural for a few months. “Silly” should have been in airquotes as obviously I don’t find them silly but couldn’t think of a better word to distinguish them from reds, browns and blondes.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Sometimes I am so lazy that I wash my hair at night and air dry it. And for a reason I am too simple to understand, it tends to look a bit greasy in the morning if it is air dried compared to using the hairdryer. And dishevelled! My hair naturally dries in a state. Not wavy but not straight. All over the place! A bit of Batiste and a quick whip round the barnet with my GHDs in the morning and I’m good to go!

Reactions: 9
Currently my hair is blue and purple. I do almost exclusively vivids like that (pink, green, purples, blues, etc) for most of the year and then I take a break and go natural for a few months. “Silly” should have been in airquotes as obviously I don’t find them silly but couldn’t think of a better word to distinguish them from reds, browns and blondes.
Oh I did get that you meant colours that don’t occur naturally on people‘s heads. I was just curious what colours you usually go for, since I’ve never had the courage to do anything fancy with my hair. As well as being way too lazy for the upkeep.
What kind of make up do you use with, for example, a vivid green? I hope you don’t mind me asking, but I’m intrigued.

And is the blue and purple all mixed up or do you have highlights?

Reactions: 4
someone is 100% monitoring what gets said on this thread as I'm having a big catch up after not having read here for a little while (you guys are having me in fits of laugher during an unpleasantly long ibs-related toilet stint so thank you vey much - TMI? quite possibly HA) anyway, I clIcked on the link to the tambourine tweet that was posted earlier, page 21 i think, and now that tweet is deleted from Sali's page.
Either I've misunderstood and the tweet was found on a way-back website or we are really helping Sali or someone Sali-adjacent clean up her twitter history by highlighting the crappy things she has said in the past.
God bless those who screenshot.

edit - apologies if already said before actually, like I said I'm catching up so might have missed this said in the later threads

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I went blondish to mask my greys a couple of years back, and I like it. Her hair is definitely ash blonde so I don’t know why she’s calling it silver. What’s the big deal?

I also use a lilac shampoo but I don’t think I do it properly because it turns my cuticles blue. So I look slightly dead about the hands for a while.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.